+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Accept ITA or to Decline based on calculation of work experience

kk18113930

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Yea sounds like we’re in the same boat! I figured since this is really my last chance I should try to make the most informed decision that I can! Good luck to us! :D
I have a bit similar situation here.

My scenario:
I received graduation letter from my college on May 2nd 2019 and on the same day I applied for my PGWP and got confirmation on 3rd May 2019.

I received my pay-slip starting May 2nd 2019. I worked for the company till 29th April 2020 (without any vacations or leave taken )and got laid off after that due to covid.

My questions are:
1) Will the officer have any objection since I started my work before the day I received confirmation.
2) As I calculated my working days and weeks online, it says excluding all weekdays and public holidays my work days are 253,
and my total working hours is : 253 * 8 = 2024 > 1560 (good so far)
3) But, total days are: 364 days which is 11 months 28 days which is 52 weeks.
My current score is 462 and expecting ITA comming week. I want to be very honest with my application and have no idea what to do.

Should I wait or what should I do.
Did you submitted yours application or declined ITA then ?? Please let me know?

Reactions: C_vitamin

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Hi i need one advice
Is it mandatory to attach 12 months pay stubs??
I only have last 10 months pay stubs
And first monthe cheque only
I have t4 which shows everything
And have NOA too

will it be ok?

kk18113930

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hello, I have got an invitation for today's draw before completing my 2 years of experience in Canada, my actual 2 years od experience is completing in July 30th, should I decline the ITA or wait for 1 more month and then accept the ITA.
I passed the minimum criteria already.
Hello, I have got an invitation for today's draw before completing my 2 years of experience in Canada, my actual 2 years od experience is completing in July 30th, should I decline the ITA or wait for 1 more month and then accept the ITA.
I passed the minimum criteria already.
i also got invitation on June 10 with 2 years experience,experience is going to be complete on July 14 .. Did you decline it?

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hopefully someone has some insight or has been in a similar situation. Info: Graduated from Canadian college in May 2018, applied for PGWP June 8, 2018, started working full-time June 26, 2018. As of of April 30, 2020 I had a CRS of 434, on May 1, 2020 my CRS was automatically recalculated to include two years of work experience. This now put me at 459 and I received an ITA May 1st. Some of the information I'm seeing in this forum is saying I should decline this ITA because I don't technically have the work experience yet. Others are saying as long as I submit my PR application AFTER I complete two years work experience (so in my case, after June 26) then it's all good and I can keep this ITA.

I would just decline it to play it safe and wait till I get an ITA after June 26, but I have a bad feeling once they start allowing the FSW applications back in the cut-off score is going to go back to the 470 range and my chance at getting PR is over :(
Hello Lazers,
Did you received your PR? Is it ok if I upload my documents after I complete 1 year of work experience but received ITA before 1 year experience completed?

Lazers2416

May 6, 2020
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-06-2021
Hello Lazers,
Did you received your PR? Is it ok if I upload my documents after I complete 1 year of work experience but received ITA before 1 year experience completed?
Yes I did get my PR this past June! I kept my original ITA and waited till after June 26th to submit my application. My understanding in your case is that you must have minimum one year of work experience before accepting an ITA. So if you received an ITA but have not officially gained one year of work experience, you need to decline this ITA and wait till after you complete one year of work experience.

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Yes I did get my PR this past June! I kept my original ITA and waited till after June 26th to submit my application. My understanding in your case is that you must have minimum one year of work experience before accepting an ITA. So if you received an ITA but have not officially gained one year of work experience, you need to decline this ITA and wait till after you complete one year of work experience.
Thank you for your response, I guess your case is different than me right? You were about to complete 2 years of experience, but I will complete 1 year work experience. You say I should meet minimum criteria which means I should complete 1 year of work experience, but system shows me eligible for the pool, so I guess I meet the mec. This is a glitch I think and officers know about it. I am planning to upload my documents after I complete 1 year. Like you did. I don’t want to miss opportunity. Scores are starting to go up and it makes me worried

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Why do you need to decline? We have 90 days to submit right? You can submit it after June 26. Same advise I got here. I also got my ITA Apr 9, but my one yr work exp will be completed on May 21st..so i will submit my application after that. That's what I fear too that scores may go up next time, so im keeping my ITA. :)
Hello horizonj,

Did you received your PR? Is it ok if I upload my documents after I complete 1 year of work experience but received ITA before 1 year experience completed?Did you have any issue?

palakbhatia

Aug 15, 2018
Hey,

I am having confusion regarding my foreign skilled work. I have 2 years 11months and 10 days of foreign skilled experience but when I submit my express entry profile, it calculates experience based on only month and year which gives me points for full 3 years. So is it fine to go ahead with this? or I have to write a loe to explain this.

C_vitamin

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hey,

I am having confusion regarding my foreign skilled work. I have 2 years 11months and 10 days of foreign skilled experience but when I submit my express entry profile, it calculates experience based on only month and year which gives me points for full 3 years. So is it fine to go ahead with this? or I have to write a loe to explain this.
Better to write a loe and explain your situation.Hopefully they will accept your experiences as 3+.

Kunalthapar

Sep 18, 2022
Hey,

Did you get any answer for this? I an in the same boat as you? What are your next steps?