+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Accept ITA or to Decline based on calculation of work experience

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
Hello, I have got an invitation for today's draw before completing my 2 years of experience in Canada, my actual 2 years od experience is completing in July 30th, should I decline the ITA or wait for 1 more month and then accept the ITA.
I passed the minimum criteria already.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hello, I have got an invitation for today's draw before completing my 2 years of experience in Canada, my actual 2 years od experience is completing in July 30th, should I decline the ITA or wait for 1 more month and then accept the ITA.
I passed the minimum criteria already.
There's no such thing as accepting the ITA. Just wait until you have 2 years of experience and then apply for PR with the ITA. Make sure your reference letter is dated on or after the day you complete 2 years of work experience.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
I am on the same boat, Got ITA today. Joined work in Canada on June 17,2019. As of today, I meet the criteria of 30/hr for 52 weeks . Im confused as to accept the ITA or wait till next draw.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Please could you comment about my scenario
If you already have 52 weeks of full-time work experience at the time of ITA and you are worried about cutting it too close. Wait for a week and then submit your e-APR with a reference letter dated just on or before the date of your submission.

Reactions: Vipeanesammurasila

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Do remember, folks. The visa officer has a discretion here. It won't be a straight refusal, so submitting an LOE is highly recommended.

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
If you already have 52 weeks of full-time work experience at the time of ITA and you are worried about cutting it too close. Wait for a week and then submit your e-APR with a reference letter dated just on or before the date of your submission.
Thank you for clarifying. When I meant 52 week, I will complete 30hr of 52nd week today. That is what bothers me a lot. Moreover, no one knows what will happen in the next draw.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Thank you for clarifying. When I meant 52 week, I will complete 30hr of 52nd week today. That is what bothers me a lot. Moreover, no one knows what will happen in the next draw.
I see it's a close call. Again, you could try explaining it in an LOE. Usually, officers calculate work experience on the day you submit your e-APR until you give them a reason to check your qualifications at the time of ITA. Since it's the system's fault, they can't punish you right away. That's why it's up to the officer to decide. Being upfront about it will help make your case stronger.

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
There's no such thing as accepting the ITA. Just wait until you have 2 years of experience and then apply for PR with the ITA. Make sure your reference letter is dated on or after the day you complete 2 years of work experience.
So should I decline the ITA and get into the pool again and wait or wait till July end and then proceed with the ITA that I already have?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
So should I decline the ITA and get into the pool again and wait or wait till July end and then proceed with the ITA that I already have?
Do not decline the ITA, if you will have the 1 year of work experience by July, then just submit application then.

Absolutely do not decline the ITA.

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
Do not decline the ITA, if you will have the 1 year of work experience by July, then just submit application then.

Absolutely do not decline the ITA.
I have already 1 year of Canadian experience and 1 year foreign experience so in July end I'm completing my 2nd year of Canadian experience. Should I decline the ITA or not?

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
When I said they will re-calculate your score at e-APR, I literally meant it. Your qualifications at the time of e-APR. You will even see your points again when you submit your e-APR. Like I said, you will get credit for 2 years if you submit your e-APR after the completion of 2 years of work experience.

So, it's literally up to you now. As per my understanding, you will get 2 years of work experience after June 26th. If you submit before it, the recalculated score will be 434 which will result in refusal. If you submit it after June 26th, you will get credit for the two years and your score at e-APR will be 459 which means your application will not be refused.

Personally, I would not recommend you to waste this ITA or jeopardize your chance of getting PR in Canada. If you are still in doubt, an immigration lawyer (a good one) will be able to help you. She/he will suggest the same.
Hi. My question is also regarding score calculation with job experience. I had a part time job with average 22 hours per week, because my work hours varied every week, so they calculated average. Would my hours be counted as only 15 hours/ week or 22? Rest all my jobs were 40 hours a week. But they will consider it only 30 hours right?
Please guide. I am really confused how this works, and I got points in CRS. But I am also confused about whether my employment period is calculated as 3 years/4680 hours or not.