Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
MadeInCanada said:
English is my native language. I even had to ask a few things here to get it straight. It is not laziness in regards to reading guides. It is a BIG and SCARY venture. I didn't want to mess anything up.
I agree,
we didnt have any problem, because we used an immigration consultant so she walked us through all the questions

but now when i have friends that ask me for help filling out the forms, i have to go back and read them again and double check so i make sure not to give them incorrect info. especially because the forms keep changing :-\ lol

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

I understand that the process of immigrating to another country can be frustrating at times, and the government may not communicate effectively or work as fast as you may like, but please do remember that until you have been approved and are sitting on your comfy couch in Canada somewhere, you are NOT entitled to anything.
Luckily, being Canadian, I'm entitled to express my opinion.

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
DoubleA said:
I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else.
Then stop reading them.

DoubleA said:
For my wife (who is American) and I, we followed the rules,
I stopped reading after this. Americans do not have to go through what most other applicants from non-visa exempt countries do.

You could have done everything wrong and you still would have been approved.

Im very happy that you found the process easy and painless -- it WAS for you because Americans generally get a rubber stamp.

Unfortunatley you now believe its just as easy for everyone else, and that everyone is as privileged as you to just get a rubber stamp on their application.

Ignorance is nothing to be proud of. Show some compassion for people who are being put through the wringer by a biased and demeaning system.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Tired of the Complaining

steerpike said:
Then stop reading them.

I stopped reading after this. Americans do not have to go through what most other applicants from non-visa exempt countries do.

You could have done everything wrong and you still would have been approved.

Im very happy that you found the process easy and painless -- it WAS for you because Americans generally get a rubber stamp.

Unfortunatley you now believe its just as easy for everyone else, and that everyone is as privileged as you to just get a rubber stamp on their application.

Ignorance is nothing to be proud of. Show some compassion for people who are being put through the wringer by a biased and demeaning system.
Hear hear Steerpike! ;D

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

I understand that the process of immigrating to another country can be frustrating at times, and the government may not communicate effectively or work as fast as you may like, but please do remember that until you have been approved and are sitting on your comfy couch in Canada somewhere, you are NOT entitled to anything.

I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else. If you didn't read enough in the beginning to understand the process and what to expect, this is your issue. If you didn't submit the correct docs or are trying to work in a grey area, this is also your issue.

For my wife (who is American) and I, we followed the rules, submitted exactly what was requested and just waited. We didn't phone the CIC constantly (or at all) or complain daily about how long the process was taking. We simply waited and followed the rules. We were approved last week.

Now I can certainly understand that some applicants run into major obstacles, in which case I certainly understand contacting local MPs or inquiring with the CIC, however reading what I have I don't believe this to be the case for most.

The last thing Canada needs is more complainers.

Keep it positive, read, follow the rules and good things will come.

Thank You
-A

PS - Do you ever wonder if the CIC checks websites like this on occasion? This is the mentality you should have when posting here? There is enough info on most members on this site, to quite easily determine who you are.
who do you think you are to tell anyone not to complain.. that's clearly none of your business and everyone has the right to express their opinions freely.

tow75

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Interview........
12-17-2012
steerpike said:
BOOM. Thank you!!

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Most people who feel that people shouldn't complain had an easy time of it. Their apps were handled relatively quickly with no drama. They don't understand what others are going through.

With regard to the original poster your said your app went smoothly and have no complaints. Good for you. So why are you here complaining?

Why don't you enjoy your comfy couch and spend some quality time with your spouse? Stop trying to tell others how they should behave while they get put through the wringer.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
MadeInCanada said:
English is my native language. I even had to ask a few things here to get it straight. It is not laziness in regards to reading guides. It is a BIG and SCARY venture. I didn't want to mess anything up.
I agree. However, the questions that annoy me, are mostly "When will my wife/husband/significant other be able to come here?" or something along of lines of what the timelines are. It's easy to find out with just a few clicks. I used to answer those questions, now I usually avoid them because it drives me nuts with the laziness of just a few clicks of the mouse to get that information.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else. If you didn't read enough in the beginning to understand the process and what to expect, this is your issue. If you didn't submit the correct docs or are trying to work in a grey area, this is also your issue.

For my wife (who is American) and I, we followed the rules, submitted exactly what was requested and just waited. We didn't phone the CIC constantly (or at all) or complain daily about how long the process was taking. We simply waited and followed the rules. We were approved last week.

Now I can certainly understand that some applicants run into major obstacles, in which case I certainly understand contacting local MPs or inquiring with the CIC, however reading what I have I don't believe this to be the case for most.

Thank You
-A

PS - Do you ever wonder if the CIC checks websites like this on occasion? This is the mentality you should have when posting here? There is enough info on most members on this site, to quite easily determine who you are.
LOL. You are complaining about the complainers complaining.

First. Not all applications are treated fairly. CIC can lose documents. They lost mine and that added an extra 2.5 months to my application.

Secondly. The government of their own volition closed the Seoul visa office redirecting those applications through Manila and backlogging the process from 7 months to 12.

Lastly. Their backlog has meant that my wife's medicals have now expired and even though they can extend them they have sent her a letter to have them redone. More wasted time and more money for me to pay. Why should I have to be penalized for their inability to meet demand.

I encourage people to get on here and complain. Share it so others who have been stonewalled or left for 6 months or more with no response from the embassy or CIC don't feel like the pariahs that this process makes you feel like. Find courage to flood your MP's office with inqueries and complaints. Send those same complaints to the Minister's office. Especially if you are a citizen.

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Venting is one thing...
I've seen so many posts about wanting to sue the CIC etc, and it's ridiculous.
Things get delayed with reason usually, and the same for denials. All I can do is patiently wait and hope that doesn't happen with us. Do I get stressed? Yes. Anxious? Hell yes. Will insulting CIC help? Nope.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
brightredscream said:
Venting is one thing...
I've seen so many posts about wanting to sue the CIC etc, and it's ridiculous.
Things get delayed with reason usually, and the same for denials. All I can do is patiently wait and hope that doesn't happen with us. Do I get stressed? Yes. Anxious? Hell yes. Will insulting CIC help? Nope.
Why would it be ridiculous to sue them? They have a system with policies that they can't even meet so when your documents expire they send you a letter saying go get another one at your expense or we won't process your application. Thats extortion and it violates my Charter rights to be treated equally; no discrimination.

You can't insult CIC because they hang up on you. I called to make a complaint and they bhad the complaint department call me and all the guy did was send me a link the the CIC website that didn't answer my question and then complained about me to me.....LOL.

You need to contact your MP's and the Minister and make their lives as miserable as yours.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL. You are complaining about the complainers complaining.

First. Not all applications are treated fairly. CIC can lose documents. They lost mine and that added an extra 2.5 months to my application.

Secondly. The government of their own volition closed the Seoul visa office redirecting those applications through Manila and backlogging the process from 7 months to 12.

Lastly. Their backlog has meant that my wife's medicals have now expired and even though they can extend them they have sent her a letter to have them redone. More wasted time and more money for me to pay. Why should I have to be penalized for their inability to meet demand.

I encourage people to get on here and complain. Share it so others who have been stonewalled or left for 6 months or more with no response from the embassy or CIC don't feel like the pariahs that this process makes you feel like. Find courage to flood your MP's office with inqueries and complaints. Send those same complaints to the Minister's office. Especially if you are a citizen.
+1 for that :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Why would it be ridiculous to sue them? They have a system with policies that they can't even meet so when your documents expire they send you a letter saying go get another one at your expense or we won't process your application. Thats extortion and it violates my Charter rights to be treated equally; no discrimination.

You can't insult CIC because they hang up on you. I called to make a complaint and they bhad the complaint department call me and all the guy did was send me a link the the CIC website that didn't answer my question and then complained about me to me.....LOL.

You need to contact your MP's and the Minister and make their lives as miserable as yours.
ِ Yeah, I was also gonna ask why complaining or trying to find ways to file a complaint is ridiculous?

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

Thank You
-A

Even though this topic was brought back from the dead, I find it very interesting that you post this following your visa issuance, whereas if one looks at your post history before October 2012, they will not only find the positiveness you espouse, but find you complaining and expressing both doubt and negativity about the timeline/process.

You'd have a lot more validity in your post had you not been a hypocrite and doing what you are telling others not to do (those who do so for rather valid reasons, even if they are irrational sometimes), and if you had not decided to post this at the most convenient of times.. after you're finished.

I had virtually no problems during the process myself, and while I find some good in the message of staying positive, the gravity and uncertainty of the situation logically will make people uneasy. Rather than being up on a pedestal, try and actually put people's minds at ease by helping them with information instead of preaching from the pulpit like a hypocrite.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
What some people also seem to miss is that complaining can be constructive. If we all sit back and accept poor service and wear a happy face then poor service will become the norm. Any improvements in services, law, and citizens rights comes from complaints and protest. So people who don't like complaints or don't want to see them, then scroll by them. As for CIC, MPs and the government in general, they will not change until the people demand it. So don't tell people they have no right to complain. Just watch how accommodating the government will get when the next election rolls around.