05-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Passport Req..
02/23/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/10/2012
Morning All,

I understand that the process of immigrating to another country can be frustrating at times, and the government may not communicate effectively or work as fast as you may like, but please do remember that until you have been approved and are sitting on your comfy couch in Canada somewhere, you are NOT entitled to anything.

I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else. If you didn't read enough in the beginning to understand the process and what to expect, this is your issue. If you didn't submit the correct docs or are trying to work in a grey area, this is also your issue.

For my wife (who is American) and I, we followed the rules, submitted exactly what was requested and just waited. We didn't phone the CIC constantly (or at all) or complain daily about how long the process was taking. We simply waited and followed the rules. We were approved last week.

Now I can certainly understand that some applicants run into major obstacles, in which case I certainly understand contacting local MPs or inquiring with the CIC, however reading what I have I don't believe this to be the case for most.

The last thing Canada needs is more complainers.

Keep it positive, read, follow the rules and good things will come.

Thank You
-A

PS - Do you ever wonder if the CIC checks websites like this on occasion? This is the mentality you should have when posting here? There is enough info on most members on this site, to quite easily determine who you are.

McDutch

Dec 20, 2011
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2012
AOR Received.
26-09-2012
File Transfer...
11-08-2012
Med's Done....
REDONE: 22-01-2013
LANDED..........
26-04-2013
I agree.

Although i do see the relieve in venting here, most of the "problems" i read about here are people who are cutting corners.
Also, it sometimes amazes me that people seem to find this forum quicker then the official FAQ.

I'll sit here waiting....

Peaches14

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville transferred to Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None requested but sent them anyway
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
October 1, 2012
Med's Done....
21-02-2012
To me this website is used for many things and if it helps others by venting then I don't see the harm it. An individual has the choice of either including or excluding themselves in this forum. There are many people who have already received their PR's who have been kind enough to guide others and share their experiences. Not everybody understands and absorbs information in the same way regardless of CIC's website, FAQ's, or instruction manuals. I oftentimes see this forum as a supportive tool for those that are experiencing the stress of long waits, file transfers and an ecas that often times is not up to date. If somebody is from the CIC is scanning this forum then I think that is positive because I don't hear about anybody receiving client satisfaction questionnaire's.

I think it is wonderful that you and your wife were approved, congratulations.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I agree with all, even the last post. Some of the complaining is (ahem) annoying . . . to the point that posts from certain aliases I avoid reading. Unless I'm curious about that topic and am thinking "what the heck is he/she on about now . . . "
And yes I've wondered if they have a look and how often, AND MAYBE due to the fact I haven't complained even a peep that they wonder 'hey maybe that application isn't genuine' . . . get my drift?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Peaches14 said:
To me this website is used for many things and if it helps others by venting then I don't see the harm it. An individual has the choice of either including or excluding themselves in this forum. There are many people who have already received their PR's who have been kind enough to guide others and share their experiences. Not everybody understands and absorbs information in the same way regardless of CIC's website, FAQ's, or instruction manuals. I oftentimes see this forum as a supportive tool for those that are experiencing the stress of long waits, file transfers and an ecas that often times is not up to date. If somebody is from the CIC is scanning this forum then I think that is positive because I don't hear about anybody receiving client satisfaction questionnaire's.

I think it is wonderful that you and your wife were approved, congratulations.
+1

Totally agree with you. It is a public forum where we all come to share, help and empathise with each others problems. If venting and letting off steam gets you through the process.... then hey go ahead, nobody is going to mind, after all freedom of speech and if those who don't like complaining on a public forum site, well they have the option to log off, un-subscribe to the site. It is always easier for a person who has just been issued COPR to come on and say hey the complaining annoys me. Congrats on your COPR and hope you have a great life in Canada. I guess you won't have to come on here any more and view all the complaining hey?

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

I understand that the process of immigrating to another country can be frustrating at times, and the government may not communicate effectively or work as fast as you may like, but please do remember that until you have been approved and are sitting on your comfy couch in Canada somewhere, you are NOT entitled to anything.

I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else. If you didn't read enough in the beginning to understand the process and what to expect, this is your issue. If you didn't submit the correct docs or are trying to work in a grey area, this is also your issue.

For my wife (who is American) and I, we followed the rules, submitted exactly what was requested and just waited. We didn't phone the CIC constantly (or at all) or complain daily about how long the process was taking. We simply waited and followed the rules. We were approved last week.

Now I can certainly understand that some applicants run into major obstacles, in which case I certainly understand contacting local MPs or inquiring with the CIC, however reading what I have I don't believe this to be the case for most.

Thank You
-A

PS - Do you ever wonder if the CIC checks websites like this on occasion? This is the mentality you should have when posting here? There is enough info on most members on this site, to quite easily determine who you are.
We followed the rules too. We knew exactly what to expect. Our case is straightforward. I am an American (so are my ancestors going back 100's of years). We were married for 2 years before applying. We submitted everything that was asked on time. When we applied, the wait time at Buffalo was 11 months. It says right there on the sie that you can contact CIC if your case is over the normal time.

But now it is almost 2 years later. We have heard nothing. All I know is that my file is sitting in Seattle. Based on my GCMS notes, all processing is completed. But nothing.

What advice do you have for me? What are WE supposed to do? It's nice that you were approved so quickly, but there are others who have followed the same process, and for no reason, have had to wait MUCH longer for the same thing.

It's not so much that we come here to complain, but there is NO ONE else that would even remotely begin to understand what this process is like on families. So it is nice to be able to share frustrations with people who understand.

I just don't feel like being positive anymore...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MSP2YYZ said:
We followed the rules too. We knew exactly what to expect. Our case is straightforward. I am an American (so are my ancestors going back 100's of years). We were married for 2 years before applying. We submitted everything that was asked on time. When we applied, the wait time at Buffalo was 11 months. It says right there on the sie that you can contact CIC if your case is over the normal time.

But now it is almost 2 years later. We have heard nothing. All I know is that my file is sitting in Seattle. Based on my GCMS notes, all processing is completed. But nothing.

What advice do you have for me? What are WE supposed to do? It's nice that you were approved so quickly, but there are others who have followed the same process, and for no reason, have had to wait MUCH longer for the same thing.

It's not so much that we come here to complain, but there is NO ONE else that would even remotely begin to understand what this process is like on families. So it is nice to be able to share frustrations with people who understand.

I just don't feel like being positive anymore...
Based on your timeline it looks like your original application was incomplete? It took until Jan 2012 to get your AOR. You were also an unfortunate victim of file transfer because of Buffalo office closures. Just bad luck. In any event, get the local MP in the sponsor's region to make an inquiry. If you are both living outside of Canada, make a Case Specific Enquiry to Seattle.

ohliuw

Star Member
May 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
DoubleA said:
Assuming you are right, Canada does not need you. You are complaining that the others are complaining.

Like it or not, that makes you are a complainer 8)

His_Wife

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 4, 2012
AOR Received.
15/10/2012
File Transfer...
16/10/2012
Passport Req..
Feb 21st 2013
LANDED..........
March 27th 2013
ohliuw said:
Assuming you are right, Canada does not need you. You are complaining that the others are complaining.

Bhahahahahahaha... That is funny!!

***thumps up****

I likeee!

MSP2YYZ

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2011
Doc's Request.
08-10-2011
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11/01/12
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Med's Request
11-01-2012
Med's Done....
30-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2012
LANDED..........
16-12-2012
rjessome said:
Based on your timeline it looks like your original application was incomplete? It took until Jan 2012 to get your AOR. You were also an unfortunate victim of file transfer because of Buffalo office closures. Just bad luck. In any event, get the local MP in the sponsor's region to make an inquiry. If you are both living outside of Canada, make a Case Specific Enquiry to Seattle.
That is the crazy part, they asked for a second FBI report (there was nothing on the first or second one), and asked for a second set of medicals at the same time they sent the AOR (nothing out of the ordinary on the first or second set). I think someone goofed up and lost part of our file or something.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
ohliuw said:

+1

Patience21

Oct 11, 2012
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

Thank You
-A

I agree with the others. You are complaining right now on the forum. You have to understand that people's lives are greatly affected by the overall experience of immigration. So... If there are concerns people will vent and hopefully receive support from others on the forum.

If you do not like this" counseling type" of forum then just do not view. Simple. :)

Have a good evening and congrats

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

Thank You
-A

Wow, I totally agree with you. It's so nice to see someone on here thinking the same thing as me =) I congratulate you immensely on your approval and I wish you a very happy and healthy life with your spouse. You deserve it.

We are taking quite the same procedure as you, we followed all the rules, haven't bothered CIC for anything other than one problem that arose with my medical, with which they were very friendly and helpful I might add, and don't plan on bothering them again unless something comes up(we really hope nothing does though).

My wife was just approved for sponsorship and my application is now in Ottawa waiting for processing. We are staying hopeful and positive every day even though we have no idea of a timeline or when we may hear back about the application at all. All we know is that we have to wait, just like everyone else, and that it will be worth it in the end.

Though I do agree that sometimes it's okay to use this place to vent to people who understand what you're going through, a lot of what I read on here is outright rude and angry arguments that 1) don't settle or change anything and 2) make this positive place that we all have to share our experiences into a place of negativity.

Anyway, thank you for posting this, I hope that it helps. =)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
DoubleA said:
Morning All,

I'm quite tired of seeing posts devoted to complaints about the process, the CIC, the visa offices and just about everything else.
Really?! I admit that sometimes questions that are asked here seem simple and can easily be answered by reading instructions, HOWEVER, not everyone deals with the stress of applying for something so important in the same way and many feel that they need support for even the simplest things because this process is so scary and daunting. Who are you (or me) to say to someone that their question is not important or their complaint/concern is not valid because, to them, it is.

I'm glad that you are sitting on your "comfy couch" in Canada and now feel that you can safely criticise those who are still stressing about this process or who had a harder battle with CIC timelines/issues than yourself. Congratulations. But, considering YOU TOO are complaining (which is annoying) and, in a way, insulting people (whether you meant to or not), you should heed your own advice. Unless you are on this forum after receiving your PR to help people, I do not really see much point in your coming on at all to read posts that annoy you and make you upset and then for you criticise. If I had my PR already and the way people posted on this site bothered me so much and I did not have any advice to give to help posters, I think I would probably... oh... I dunno... NOT COME ON THE SITE.

So thank you for adding one more "complaint" to the site, you've essentially just done the opposite of what you wanted.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
ohliuw said:

haha good one.