+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips on Contacting IRCC for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot (Webform and Phone)

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: The process of contacting may change by IRCC without notice so please read carefully or listen and select options on the phone carefully. This information is only up to date during the time of posting.

I would like to provide help to anyone who wants to get in contact with IRCC through web form or phone (phone is within Canada only) for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.

For Webform(Best Method):
Go to: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Scroll down and click: Tell Us More
Select the following:
Have you submitted an application -- YES
Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? -- NO
Click "Go to Web Form" after you answered.

Filling out WebForm:
Type of application/enquiry (required): Temporary Residence (by Mail)
Type of application/enquiry (continued): Temporary Residence (by Mail) - Work Permit

After that you just fill the rest of the web form with your information.

If you haven't received your AOR yet, you can still contact them but in "Application Number", you put your work permit receipt number which you get after you paid your work permit fees before you mailed your application.

For Phone Contact:
I have gotten through an agent always using this method, unless the lines are super busy (Call back after 15-30 mins if they are super busy and no agent is available)

First off, before you call, make sure to be patient and listen to everything they say on the phone.

Call: 1-888-242-2100 (Calling within Canada Only)
- After all the talking is finished and you are asked to enter a number click -- 3
- After talking again, you are asked to enter a number click -- 1
- After all the talking is done, at the very end it will tell you, to speak to an agent click -- 0

I hope this could help some people out so you can reach IRCC agents for further information. If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Mv1017

ritu123

Jan 12, 2021
What is the work permit receipt number? My employee submitted in August 2020. Has not received an AOR yet. When my employee submitted the fee, there was a number given on the receipt. That was all.

mv1017

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
***From my understanding, the phone information in my post is now outdated. They have updated their phone line***