+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
february 8, my mom's 1st xray test. the physician saw something abnormal and she was asked for sputum and culture test. 9th of May her second xray test. it wasn't cleared again and was schedule on 10th of august for her 3rd xray test. after almost 7 months of stressed and losing hope for my mom's medical we continued on praying. after a long frustration and worries, bothered that she might really sick, finally i got the good news. today i've check my cic account and its written ''MEDICAL PASSED'', i simply cried and praising God for this. oh!! i am so sooo happy.
That is amazing! That was fast that you found that medical passed; unfortunately I cannot link my application to GC key, so I have no idea about medicals. All it says in e-case is "Medicals have been received"
Wishing you best and hoping you get PPR soon!

proulx

Jun 23, 2015
Quebec
LANDED..........
30 MAY 2004 MA VIE EST MERVEILLEUSE
That is amazing! That was fast that you found that medical passed; unfortunately I cannot link my application to GC key, so I have no idea about medicals. All it says in e-case is "Medicals have been received"
Wishing you best and hoping you get PPR soon!
hi carling, on my e-cas its still ''medicals have been received''. on my GC key account its stagnant for almost 6 months saying ''we received your medical and reviewing the result'' but then today i was surprised and it changed to ''you passed medical exam''. keep on checking your gc key, you might have a great news too. God speed!

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
hi carling, on my e-cas its still ''medicals have been received''. on my GC key account its stagnant for almost 6 months saying ''we received your medical and reviewing the result'' but then today i was surprised and it changed to ''you passed medical exam''. keep on checking your gc key, you might have a great news too. God speed!
Thank you! Keeping fingers crossed. Its frustrating when things are out of your control and you are just "waiting"

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Answer 1: Yes, it's blank.
Answer 2: They pushed back the due date 2 times in my case. I have two updates in my GCMS notes.

When is your GCMS note generated? Is it after your status change for Review Documents asking additional documents message? Is there any note for that?
I noticed status change (i.e. need more documents) after the date they seem to have generated the GCMS notes. But at the same time I had not been paying close attention to documents row. Hence, I am not sure if the status change happen before or after they generated notes.

There is no mention of status change in my notes though. I am guessing the status changed after? or...do you think GCMS notes caused this less meaningful status change?

I guess we can only wait...

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Answer 1: Yes, it's blank.
Answer 2: They pushed back the due date 2 times in my case. I have two updates in my GCMS notes.

When is your GCMS note generated? Is it after your status change for Review Documents asking additional documents message? Is there any note for that?
hey dgpatel,

in your gcms notes, under Admissibilities -> Security section, the status is probably 'Not started', right?

From another thread, I gather that this doesn't mean that the security check has not started. In fact it is likely underway. Furthermore, if you see 'S.15(1)' written in the right hand corner (of the page I think), then it means that the security check is complete. They just update it after PPR.

Do you see 'S.15(1)' written under your Admissibilities -> Security section?

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
I noticed status change (i.e. need more documents) after the date they seem to have generated the GCMS notes. But at the same time I had not been paying close attention to documents row. Hence, I am not sure if the status change happen before or after they generated notes.

There is no mention of status change in my notes though. I am guessing the status changed after? or...do you think GCMS notes caused this less meaningful status change?

I guess we can only wait...
I don't think that GCMS notes caused this change but as i mentioned that officer started reviewing our file and officer required more document from someone internally and nothing is required from us. I have strong feeling that officer wants third party report for background check.
See this another thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/we-need-more-documents-to-continue-processing-your-application-we-will-send-you-a-message-with-more.507423/

We can just wait. I am planning to order another GCMS notes by next month around 15 September if i don't hear anything from CIC.

Under Admissibility -> Security section , i don't have anything it says "0". e.g. SECURITY: 0

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
february 8, my mom's 1st xray test. the physician saw something abnormal and she was asked for sputum and culture test. 9th of May her second xray test. it wasn't cleared again and was schedule on 10th of august for her 3rd xray test. after almost 7 months of stressed and losing hope for my mom's medical we continued on praying. after a long frustration and worries, bothered that she might really sick, finally i got the good news. today i've check my cic account and its written ''MEDICAL PASSED'', i simply cried and praising God for this. oh!! i am so sooo happy.
Glad to hear your mum already passed the medical! :) God is really good.

Reactions: proulx

tanjerine

May 13, 2010
Hi. I have a question please.

My parents file is currently in the Manila Office and being reviewed. They haven't been asked for medicals or passport yet. They did submit the additional documentation* required a month ago.

Now, they're visiting me here in Canada (for the next few months). I'm wondering if it's worth asking CIC to move the file to Ottawa or to keep it in Manila. And if so, how should I go about it?

*add'l documentation being -- RPR fee, personal history, police clearance...

Thanks in advance,
~Tanjerine

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi. I have a question please.

My parents file is currently in the Manila Office and being reviewed. They haven't been asked for medicals or passport yet. They did submit the additional documentation* required a month ago.

Now, they're visiting me here in Canada (for the next few months). I'm wondering if it's worth asking CIC to move the file to Ottawa or to keep it in Manila. And if so, how should I go about it?

*add'l documentation being -- RPR fee, personal history, police clearance...

Thanks in advance,
~Tanjerine
I dont think so you can request for file to be transferred. It will be processed at Manila office, however if your parents are in Canada you can complete medicals and send passports for visa stamping at Ottawa office.

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hey Folks,

Any Update - What's going with New Delhi Visa Office?
People who have got their medical expired - have you been asked by NDVO to get the medicals done again ??

Our medicals are expiring 1 month from now.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NDVO is sleeping.......and don't know when they wake up. So i finally plan to bring my parents here on visitor visa. Applied on August and already sent passport for visa stamp.

tanjerine

May 13, 2010
I dont think so you can request for file to be transferred. It will be processed at Manila office, however if your parents are in Canada you can complete medicals and send passports for visa stamping at Ottawa office.
Aha! I can send the passports to Ottawa for stamping. That's good. At least I won't have to send them to Manila. Thanks, Carling.

sa2015

Jan 18, 2015
Could someone please advise regarding port of entry in Canada.
Can it be different from the place mentioned in Application..although in the same Province..

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Hello Guys
My parents just got Passport Request..
When do they get Confirmation of Permanent Resident documents since that's required when you land in Canada.
Please advise.
Thank You
Congratulations!!!
Did you get the request on weekend? Can you share your timeline?