+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi All

Update on my case. The online status tool is showing as "decision made". I called in the telephone number for status check and it also has moved forward to "your background check is in progress" from "you do not need fingerprints taken". But there have been no emails or comm from CIC yet. Anyone else who had the same/similar experience with their family sponsorship for parents/grandparents? Any ideas when to expect a response from CIC? Or how long it may take from "decision made" to hearing back from CIC about what decision has been made?

Please advise, thanks.

Regards.

AH.
Congrats man. Can u please share the visa office n how long it took for your application till current status from date of medicals.

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ANY UPDATE FOR NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE APPLICANTS ?
MY PARENTS MEDICAL IS EXPIRING SOON - REACHING THE 1 YEAR MARK

Background has not even started yet ! Anyone in the same boat - applicants who got their medical done b/w July -Dec 2016 - any update on your respective file ? Thanks
The Same situation infect our medical expired due to 1-year mark :(

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
I am wondering if members can share what option did they select for the following questions when submitting request for GMCS or ATIP notes?

1. What type of record would you like to request?
a) Permanent Residence, or b) family class​

2. Which specific information are you looking for?
a) electronic notes of immigration officer. or b) the application, supporting documents, communications etc.
Many thanks!!
for 2nd question, it should be electronic notes because you want to know what the officer has written in your file...
unless you wanted to track what you have sent and what they have sent...

for 1st
I am going to select permanent residence

and in the notes i wrote this

I, <my name> (Son & sponsor & representative) for Main Applicant - <name> (father) and the dependent - <name> (Mother), enquiring for the notes and status of the PR application under Family class category, Medicals - Passed, PCC - submitted, RPRF fee - Paid.
Please share an update and when can we expect the letter to submit the passport for stamping?

Last edited:

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 &amp; for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 &amp; for PCC
end of April (around the 20th) and it takes them 30 days or more to answer your request so I got my notes at may 30th
thank you
if you are comfortable and hiding confidential information, can you share what the GCMS notes had...?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 &amp; for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 &amp; for PCC
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check: Not applicable

Background check changed to NOT APPLICABLE

Anyone else in the same boat ?
What does this mean?
even I have this change, yesterday (Sunday est hrs) no change, today after seeing your msg, i checked my cic application status and it had 'Not Applicable' where is LVO?

And did your parents came to Canada? either thru tourist visa or super visa?
because my parents came thru super visa 2 years back, stayed for 3 months mid may to mid aug

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 &amp; for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 &amp; for PCC
Background check changed to NOT APPLICABLE

Did anyone get their PR request or further document request? or 'decision made' status with Bg Chk = 'Not applicable'?

El1975

Dec 23, 2016
Frankly speaking I don't know where our file is. The last I heard was that it was in Ottawa. I have submitted the representative form 3 times, but each time it has been rejected for some reason or the other (hand-written, etc.). If the file was approved from Ottawa does it mean that it will need to be transferred to New Delhi (we are from India) before the PPR comes? Or can my parents get their visa stamped from New Delhi without delays on the file?
Congrats! My parents took 2 weeks to get the email after the background check changed to in progress and after the website was updated to decision made. We are Ottawa office. I was just wondering how long it takes to sent the passport back. We have sent it on July 4 and haven't received it back yet. Any idea when we might get it back! Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting.

Reactions: kilamans

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 &amp; for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 &amp; for PCC
hello everyone,

I just got an email from 'CIC My Account' directing me to login and see the new message sent by the CIC officer

E-mail Notification

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: <my email address>.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account.

They have asked for these details, did anyone else has come across this document submission? thou its a self-explanation that they just need to know the qualification and work experience but why at this stage? when we are waiting to expect passport submission for visa stamping?

UCI # - main applicant name
- CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.

UCI # - dependent name
- CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.

did anyone else got such a msg/email please share your thoughts and do share if you have used any formats

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Dear all,

My husband got accepted for sponsorship, and got the visa on his passport.
I would just like to ask what should we expect when he enters Canada the first time. What documents are needed other that the CORP...
In addition, on the visa he got on the passport it says 1 entry. However, after the first visit we plan to return back to our home country after a month and a half finish our business there and then go back to Canada. So my question is will he receive another visa or a PR card that would allow him to enter Canada as much as he wants from that date and onwards? Would we have to apply for a certain form/application? and would it be done in a month and a half to be able to travel again??

Thanks so much.
P.S. we both are living abroad if that would make any difference.

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Dear all,

My husband got accepted for sponsorship, and got the visa on his passport.
I would just like to ask what should we expect when he enters Canada the first time. What documents are needed other that the CORP...
In addition, on the visa he got on the passport it says 1 entry. However, after the first visit we plan to return back to our home country after a month and a half finish our business there and then go back to Canada. So my question is will he receive another visa or a PR card that would allow him to enter Canada as much as he wants from that date and onwards? Would we have to apply for a certain form/application? and would it be done in a month and a half to be able to travel again??

Thanks so much.
P.S. we both are living abroad if that would make any difference.
Congratulations!

I would suggest that your husband take all supporting documents when he lands. No harm in being over prepared rather than under prepared when, if, an immigration officer asks for a document. As for the visa saying 1 entry, that only means that the visa on his passport is good for one entry. Once he has landed, he will get the COPR and in due course of time the PR card and then he will not need a visa on his passport to enter again. I don't remember the time in which the PR card comes along, but it is not in months. May be a 3-4 week period.

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
What kind of supporting documents would we need? Would we still be needing proof again?
Can the PR card be sent via mail if we r not there. Cz on the CIC website now it says 63 days...

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
Congrats man. Can u please share the visa office n how long it took for your application till current status from date of medicals.
Thanks! The last time when I had called CIC they told me that the file was in Ottawa. The medicals were done in December 2016. The PCC were also sent in December 2016, and the RPRF was submitted in January 2017.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
hello everyone,

I just got an email from 'CIC My Account' directing me to login and see the new message sent by the CIC officer

E-mail Notification

They have asked for these details, did anyone else has come across this document submission? thou its a self-explanation that they just need to know the qualification and work experience but why at this stage? when we are waiting to expect passport submission for visa stamping?

UCI # - dependent name

did anyone else got such a msg/email please share your thoughts and do share if you have used any formats
Hello Kilamans,
So strange to see that they are asking to submit the CV/Resume of the applicants at this stage. Infact their work history, education etc was already mentioned in the forms filled out. I don't know if they just want to kill some time asking this and that .......

My parents medical is expiring in less than 2 months now and background check is not even started. Don't know why they ask to do medical if the BG is not started. Agents handling the file are very poor in time and cost management......

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
hello everyone,

E-mail Notification

UCI # - dependent name

I read somewhere that they asked this from someone's father detailed cv. I guess the father was a university teacher or so.
I don't know all the details but I remember that he eventually got the visa for his father.