+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
Hi Folks,

So CIC has asked me send my father's Death certificate again

It was originally submitted with a translation from a Lawyer

Not sure why they are asking for it again

Any Idea who is allowed to translate documents for CIC ?

I am in Mississauga and the document is in Hindi

Jan 9, 2015
Hello Everyone
I got CIC email yesterday asking for RPRF for my parents which i already paid and submitted that Receipt with PCC on march 3,2017. Any suggestion why they asking again or anybody else got same email?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello Everyone
I got CIC email yesterday asking for RPRF for my parents which i already paid and submitted that Receipt with PCC on march 3,2017. Any suggestion why they asking again or anybody else got same email?
in my case they asked to send RPRF by mail initially . Did you send them?

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Hello Everyone
You can try logging in ECAS using your RRPF receipt number. In case it does not recognize the receipt number, then you know that the receipt has not been attached to your file yet and you can explain it to them. In case you are able to log in, then the new RRPF request must be an error on CIC's part. Perhaps tell them that you are able to log in with receipt number and it will prove that you have indeed paid the fee. Hope it helps.

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Hello Everyone
Just send the receipt again in email and mentioned that you paid it and sent it with PCC in March. Don't forget to mention UCI number, Application number, Name of your parents and birth date. May be they are not able to link it with your application so they are asking again. When did you get Medical request?

Last edited:

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
Hi Folks,

So CIC has asked me send my father's Death certificate again

It was originally submitted with a translation from a Lawyer

Not sure why they are asking for it again

Any Idea who is allowed to translate documents for CIC ?

I am in Mississauga and the document is in Hindi
Use Translation agency of Ontario. They have office in Toronto. They will do it on same day. I used for my birth certificate translation.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
hello everyone,

I just got an email from 'CIC My Account' directing me to login and see the new message sent by the CIC officer

E-mail Notification

This message is intended for the following e-mail address: <my email address>.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account.

They have asked for these details, did anyone else has come across this document submission? thou its a self-explanation that they just need to know the qualification and work experience but why at this stage? when we are waiting to expect passport submission for visa stamping?

UCI # - main applicant name
- CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.

UCI # - dependent name
- CV/Resume: A document containing a brief description of your education, qualifications and experience.

did anyone else got such a msg/email please share your thoughts and do share if you have used any formats
hello everyone, here is the update..
while i was preparing for CV of my parents, what I noticed in the submitted application (i have the copy of it) was, the dates of the education for my father was not right, he should have said it correctly but in a hurry, i had made a typo, and this could have been a reason to ask for it, also he took voluntary retirement and not working, this could rise a question...

and my mom never worked, even thou, she has a better/higher qualification than my dad..

so called the call centre and ensured whether a sign is required, as it is stated as CV, in general, no sign required, but we are submitting on special requests, so do we need to sign? Lady, from CC replied that its not required, and I have uploaded it in CIC MyAccount. hope for the best.

here is a conflicting message she said...
Background Check as per myaccount says: 'Not Applicable'
and her reply was - Not Started

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
hello everyone, here is the update..
while i was preparing for CV of my parents, what I noticed in the submitted application (i have the copy of it) was, the dates of the education for my father was not right, he should have said it correctly but in a hurry, i had made a typo, and this could have been a reason to ask for it, also he took voluntary retirement and not working, this could rise a question...

and my mom never worked, even thou, she has a better/higher qualification than my dad..

so called the call centre and ensured whether a sign is required, as it is stated as CV, in general, no sign required, but we are submitting on special requests, so do we need to sign? Lady, from CC replied that its not required, and I have uploaded it in CIC MyAccount. hope for the best.

here is a conflicting message she said...
Background Check as per myaccount says: 'Not Applicable'
and her reply was - Not Started

Says the same thing for my account for Background Check
Not sure what that means tho

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Anyone from NDVO has any updates about their Medical expired recently or expiring in the near future. My parents medical is expiring in couple of months and no updates since October 2016.

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
No idea as to what will be the next step by NDVO ?

Has anyone from NDVO who got their parents medical expired asked to get Re-medical ?

noors33

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut/Lebanon
App. Filed.......
05-11-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
14-12-2016
Med's Done....
22-12-2016
Interview........
not requested
Passport Req..
24-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-10-2017
Hello.. does anyonr have any idea how long it takes to issue a PRTD?

Thanks

Garry 1263

Star Member
May 23, 2017
No idea as to what will be the next step by NDVO ?

Has anyone from NDVO who got their parents medical expired asked to get Re-medical ?
No clue what next NDVO would do , ours expiring in 10 days from now, I saw couple of conversations here regarding some medicals expired already, did u guys talked to the call centre folks regarding it, if so what did they say, please share.

ahtandon

Jul 7, 2017
UPDATE from NDVO.

My parents got their PPR email yesterday. I called VFS and they informed that the below will need to be done/provided for the visa to be stamped:

copy of letter/print out of email (PPR)
any additonal documents as mentioned in the PPR
photocopies of first and last pages of passport
597 INR per applicant : visa processing fee.
two photographs of each applicant ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf)

Optional services include:

courier charges: 362/passport
SMS: 49/applicant

All fee are to be paid in cash in the VFS office.

For those waiting for PPR and postponing their trip to Canada, here is the section in the email that informed of what to do if you are in Canada and want to submit your passport at Ottawa:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspostenvelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

I think the important thing is "If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months"

I would suggest that you take a decision based on the above. I hope this info helps those who were in the same boat as I was a little while ago. And I also hope that everyone's PPR comes quickly so that everyone can have their loved ones come over to live with them. It is a very unnerving wait and I hope no one has to go through it for a day longer than what they have been through already.

Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: kilamans

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
UPDATE from NDVO.

My parents got their PPR email yesterday. I called VFS and they informed that the below will need to be done/provided for the visa to be stamped:

copy of letter/print out of email (PPR)
any additonal documents as mentioned in the PPR
photocopies of first and last pages of passport
597 INR per applicant : visa processing fee.
two photographs of each applicant ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf)

Optional services include:

courier charges: 362/passport
SMS: 49/applicant

All fee are to be paid in cash in the VFS office.

For those waiting for PPR and postponing their trip to Canada, here is the section in the email that informed of what to do if you are in Canada and want to submit your passport at Ottawa:

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspostenvelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

I think the important thing is "If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months"

I would suggest that you take a decision based on the above. I hope this info helps those who were in the same boat as I was a little while ago. And I also hope that everyone's PPR comes quickly so that everyone can have their loved ones come over to live with them. It is a very unnerving wait and I hope no one has to go through it for a day longer than what they have been through already.

Best of luck everyone!

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Thanks for sharing the info Tandon.

Could you please share after how many days once your status showed "background in progress" - that you got the request for Passport ?