+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Sam0001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
NDVO Applicants :

Anyone here whose medical has got expired ? Could you please share with us what is the communication you have received from the New Delhi Office ? Thanks

There are so many applicants just in this blog with their file at NDVO & reaching the 1 year medical expiry mark & seems like no communication is coming from the other side.

koonisr

Jan 28, 2014
*** EXPIRING MEDICALS NOTICE ***

If your medicals expires before you enter Canada, you need to redo your medicals and go through extra costs and hassles. This happened to me when I immigrated and now it seems that it is going to happen for my parents. This is very unfair as in most cases CIC incompetence had led to this situation.

I think we should not stay silent and protest before it is too late. They shouldn't ask for medicals when they are not ready and if they have do, it is up to them to finish the process before it is too late.

What about a petition or sending a group email to CIC?

We all should go to courts. I live in BC. Can we start collecting email addresses and communicating privately. If someone knows how to create an excel sheet to sign up for a petition or something that would be great. Even if they issue visa one week before medical expires that will either make us bring them here within the week and send them back to settle their properties and stuff. THey are only allowed to bring money, jewelry on the first trip. They can't bring money without paying taxes after that. This is so unfair.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am 2015 applicant. Is their anyone NDVO applicant whose parents were not in or retired from defense or army in india but still getting 1 year expiry on medical?
my father was in defense department. His medical is getting expired next week. In our case PR would have been granted in Feb 2017 i guess but at that time instead interview come from delhi & officer clearly tell my father that it will take more time as they trigger a new set of background checks. So waiting is only option. May be new medical request will come later this year

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
NDVO Applicants :

Anyone here whose medical has got expired ? Could you please share with us what is the communication you have received from the New Delhi Office ? Thanks

There are so many applicants just in this blog with their file at NDVO & reaching the 1 year medical expiry mark & seems like no communication is coming from the other side.
Hi ,

Medical expired for my parents. I contacted NDVO by web forms, they said an officer will contact you for further requirement.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
One of my friends checked the GCKey for his mother whose medicals expired. The medicals line has been changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

I have a feeling they are going to ask to redo medicals. I believe they most probably have focused their attention to 2017.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
I am 2015 applicant. Is their anyone NDVO applicant whose parents were not in or retired from defense or army in india but still getting 1 year expiry on medical?
my father was in defense department. His medical is getting expired next week. In our case PR would have been granted in Feb 2017 i guess but at that time instead interview come from delhi & officer clearly tell my father that it will take more time as they trigger a new set of background checks. So waiting is only option. May be new medical request will come later this year
Its not only for retirees or in Army personals. My parents have no history of government jobs, any political institutional membership, army etc, but still waiting from last September 2016 when they did their medical. They have visited Canada only and already submitted police clearance from here. So don't know what they are waiting for...........

accucheck

Apr 21, 2015
Hi all,

I was wondering if the sponsor shoud go with the parents when they are going to a border to validate CoPR? Can they go alone?

Thanks.

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
Hello All,

I need some information about how to add new baby in sponsorship file. I have applied for PGP in 2016 and current status is medical passed and next step is background check. Si i have a new baby now. Please let me know how to update my file or if i dont need to update.

Thanks

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
I am in the same boat, Medicals expired around 20 days ago. Status changed from "you have passed the medicals" to "You do not need Medical at this time......"

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
NDVO Applicants :

My Parent's medical expired, no communication from NDVO.

Thanks

Ywcat

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-12-2016
Status Update
Background Check started: July 25, 2017
Decision Made: July 26, 2017
PPR: Awaiting .......
VO: Ottawa

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello All,

I need some information about how to add new baby in sponsorship file. I have applied for PGP in 2016 and current status is medical passed and next step is background check. Si i have a new baby now. Please let me know how to update my file or if i dont need to update.

Thanks
you have to provide that information.
Call them and tell to agent or fill out a new finan.form and send them

htha

Jul 25, 2017
Anyone from Jan 2016 PGP application, I have received an email with the sponsorship approval in March 2017 and file transferred to Ottawa office. I haven't received anything (i.e. Medical or PCC etc..) after that. Is it the same for everyone?