File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
SH Korea said:
My application timeline

PCCs and RPRF submited on Oct. 12 (received email to confirm their receipt)
Medical Exam done on Oct. 18
"Medical Passed" updated on Oct. 25
"Backgound check in progress" updated some time between Nov. 23 and Nov. 26. (I check MyCIC on Nov. 26 again after Nov. 22)
Thank you, so it took more than 1 month from PCC sent... okay, i am just trying to get the time frame and see how much time, i should expect.

toronto_dun

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
I remember this was mentioned somewhere, but I cannot find it, so got to ask. What's the process for police check from Canada? The site says the first step is fingerprinting and everything is electronic. What does it mean? Just show up for fingerprinting and everything else is done automatically? Or do something else?

Also, my parents did fingerprinting for their previous application 3 years ago already (that fell though because Canada did not recognize my income from the USA), so they have their fingerprints in the system - can they reuse that somehow?

BTW, update on the status - medical requested in on Aug 18, sent Sept 12, police certs requested Nov. 28.

Thanks

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
One question about "Background Check" changing to "In Progress" from CPC-Ottawa: I could see cases in the Spreadsheets that applicants were getting PPR the same day or in a week after seeing "Background Check" going to "In Progress", when dealing with CPC-Ottawa. How can background check be completed over a day or in very few days. Does this mean that CPC-Ottawa actually start the background check earlier, but updates the status to "In Progress" only when everything is received, but the final review is pending. Any thoughts?

hotchocolate

Dec 21, 2015
Hi friends,
Just a question… Have you received any confirmation email other than the automatic response when you emailed the police clearance certificate?
I emailed my PCC few weeks ago and I have received the automatic response but now when I check my ECAS there is still nothing about the PCC. They only mentioned that the medical result has been received but nothing about PCC.
The deadline is only in few days, so I am getting a little worry about this.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI friends,

My mother got an email asking her for her photos. Can I upload the photos online or they need original. Has anyone uploaded the photos and they have accepted it ?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hotchocolate said:
Hi friends,
Just a question… Have you received any confirmation email other than the automatic response when you emailed the police clearance certificate?
I emailed my PCC few weeks ago and I have received the automatic response but now when I check my ECAS there is still nothing about the PCC. They only mentioned that the medical result has been received but nothing about PCC.
The deadline is only in few days, so I am getting a little worry about this.
Don't worry about it. I had the same issue. What you can do is call CIC Call center and confirm. That's what I did. They confirmed that they have received the PCC & RPRF.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
The medical result has changed to passed in the GCkey login for my parents application today :)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
gigibyte said:
I received my SA in mid July and there's no updates or progress after that. The status for my parents in CIC account is still " application Received" . Seeing so many ppl in this forum got medical request or approved. I am feeling so confused. Whats going on this my case? I called cic, and a lady told me just wait... wait... she didnt even try to access to file to check it out.

Does anyone have the same situation as mine?

btw, I was in Puralator 9:43 batch.
I have the same, guy just said I need to wait :mad:

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
Good news for NDVO applicants. We just received the PPR.

However, a question. The email mentions:
3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this(???) office immediately:

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

Should we read "any person included in your application" in conjunction with sponsors and applicants? We are expecting a little devil next year March. Has anyone gone through this situation? I believe they mean NDVO by "this office". Can anyone confirm this please?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ShiftyTinCan said:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this(???) office immediately:

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

Should we read "any person included in your application" in conjunction with sponsors and applicants? We are expecting a little devil next year March. Has anyone gone through this situation? I believe they mean NDVO by "this office". Can anyone confirm this please?
First of all, congratulations!

Our PPR from Singapore-VO stated this instead: A change in your family size (birth or death of a child or spouse, etc.)

Nevertheless, PPR is addressed to PR Applicant, not the sponsor. This change of circumstance applies to Principal Applicant, his/her spouse and any other dependents.

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
Rossei said:

Our PPR from Singapore-VO stated this instead: A change in your family size (birth or death of a child or spouse, etc.)

Nevertheless, PPR is addressed to PR Applicant, not the sponsor. This change of circumstance applies to Principal Applicant, his/her spouse and any other dependents.
That sounds good. Thanks Rossei. I cant seem to get in the New Entry tab on your 2016 excel file. it keeps asking me to reload the page. Would you update my entry for me please?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Rossei said:

Rossei, i believe this is indireclty linking to the income table right? to ensure the person's family size is increasing whether sponsor or PR applicant...

IndoCanadian777

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ShiftyTinCan said:

Hello ,
Did your myCIC account changed status ?
Or it is still the same ?