+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Guys, did any of you apply with an affidavit instead of parent's marriage certificate on 2016? Could you confirm if it got accepted? I'm prepping to apply in 2017. Thanks!

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
razerblade said:
Hi Guys, did any of you apply with an affidavit instead of parent's marriage certificate on 2016? Could you confirm if it got accepted? I'm prepping to apply in 2017. Thanks!
yes ....provided in 2016......application approved........already received passports back with visa.....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Amarpreetd said:
yes ....provided in 2016......application approved........already received passports back with visa.....
Thanks! Do you mean your parents got approved within 1 year? I thought the processing time was a few years.

Also, any chance you have a template of the affidavit you used? Much appreciated.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
blueboy said:
If you had already submitted the requested documents then it will show blank. It seems like if you link your application in MyCIC after submitting the documents the 'Review of Submitted Docs' shows blank. I have the same.
Thank you very much.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
How long does it take usually to get PPR after Medicals/PCC/RPRF? Any rough idea?

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
SH Korea said:
I just checked MyCIC and the background check is in progress now!
I don't know when it was updated. The last time I logged in was 4 days ago.
Last time, I received an email that there was an update on MyCIC and found out that the medical passed when I logged in.
This time, I didn't received any update email. It's a good thing I checked today. It still shows "We need additional documents" for "Review of submitted documents" section. I hope it doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I hope I can get PPR soon! :)

I also hope everyone here who's waiting for any updates can hear good news soon!

Have a good weekend, guys!
I have the same status now. The "Background Check" is " In Process" since Nov. 24. My LVO is also Ottawa. Do we have any statistics on how long will it usually take from here to get the PPR from Ottawa?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Daniala said:
I have the same status now. The "Background Check" is " In Process" since Nov. 24. My LVO is also Ottawa. Do we have any statistics on how long will it usually take from here to get the PPR from Ottawa?
After how many days the "Background Check" was updated as "In Process", when did you email the PCC, RPRF, & medicals sent from hospital?

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
kilamans said:
After how many days the "Background Check" was updated as "In Process", when did you email the PCC, RPRF, & medicals sent from hospital?
I submitted the CSQs and PCCs through MyCIC on Nov. 1. Then, I decided to email them one more time on Nov. 7. The status changed to Background Check In Process on Nov. 24.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Daniala said:
I submitted the CSQs and PCCs through MyCIC on Nov. 1. Then, I decided to email them one more time on Nov. 7. The status changed to Background Check In Process on Nov. 24.
thank you for the quick reply, did you get any reply from CIC for the email?

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
kilamans said:
thank you for the quick reply, did you get any reply from CIC for the email?
No reply from CIC. However, I tried checking my ECAS using the RPRF receipt number and it worked. So, I had this clue that at the very least, the RPRF payment was recorded in our application.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Daniala said:
No reply from CIC. However, I tried checking my ECAS using the RPRF receipt number and it worked. So, I had this clue that at the very least, the RPRF payment was recorded in our application.
great!!!

Medicals was done on 31st Oct, so Nov3 it was upload from the hospital, 'Medicals Passed' status by 7th Nov
RPRF was paid on 22nd Oct, as per ECAS search, it shows that it has been updated in the profile
PCC was uploaded on 21st Nov, not sure how long i need to wait to see the background check

holidays are coming by, things will slow down...
anyways hope for the best

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
great!!!

Medicals was done on 31st Oct, so Nov3 it was upload from the hospital, 'Medicals Passed' status by 7th Nov
RPRF was paid on 22nd Oct, as per ECAS search, it shows that it has been updated in the profile
PCC was uploaded on 21st Nov, not sure how long i need to wait to see the background check

holidays are coming by, things will slow down...
anyways hope for the best
My timeline is kinda same. I am hoping to see some movement in a week on two in the app status.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
blueboy, kilamans , Daniala & SH Korea

my timeframe is similar to you, however I got a request for additional information about "details of military service" since my father was a marine officer :(

I have to fill in all his details with dates and details so I guess it will take me more time to pass by the background check :(

good luck guys and hopefully you will get your ppr soon :):):)

and wish me luck

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
kilamans said:
My application timeline

PCCs and RPRF submited on Oct. 12 (received email to confirm their receipt)
Medical Exam done on Oct. 18
"Medical Passed" updated on Oct. 25
"Backgound check in progress" updated some time between Nov. 23 and Nov. 26. (I check MyCIC on Nov. 26 again after Nov. 22)

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
tweetyishere said:
blueboy, kilamans , Daniala & SH Korea

my timeframe is similar to you, however I got a request for additional information about "details of military service" since my father was a marine officer :(

I have to fill in all his details with dates and details so I guess it will take me more time to pass by the background check :(

good luck guys and hopefully you will get your ppr soon :):):)

and wish me luck
good luck for your new documentation, however, if the dates and things are clear and precise, CIC is not going to take more time.
so c u soon, back in race