+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
HI zTariq,

I got an another email this morning and they asked 2 photographs that meet their specification. Interestingly the letter which i got from LVO stated that "Your photographs does not meet our criteria...." In reality I never send any photographs at first place.
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

That indeed is interesting to know, I never received any email or any message saying anything.... last correspondence I had with CIC was SA email on July 7th.
After a week or 10 days ECAS status went to "In Process" at that time I thought we should be receiving medicals / PCC request in a month or so. In late August it changed back to Application Received.
In August I linked my application to MyCIC and below is what I see

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Also, under MyCIC messages it says "No Messages".

Looking at the progress of other visa offices seems like London Visa office is the slowest.
Also not many people posting their experiences from London Visa office as well.

Again not too sure how many pictures are required and which address to DHL them. I am sure we never submitted any passport photographs along with the application.

Any suggestions?

HI zTariq,

I got an another email this morning and they asked 2 photographs that meet their specification. Interestingly the letter which i got from LVO stated that "Your photographs does not meet our criteria...." In reality I never send any photographs at first place.

Also , I tried many times to link my application to MYCIC, but not get success.
You're right zTariq, LVO is the slowest visa office and their processing procedure is different than what we heard in this forum.

Thanks

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi rizwanahmed,

Actually thats a good thing, seems like they have touched your file and its in process now :)
This brings couple of more questions in my mind for you, if you mind answering below:

1- What does your ECAS say? does it say in-process or application received? ( Mine says Decision made and Application Received )
2- Which email are they sending you these letters? Your email or your parents? ( In my case I provided them with 2 email addresses; mine and my parents')
Their initial correspondence has all been through my email address yet.
Though I am checking both the emails and nothing from CIC yet.

Thanks again for answering my questions, really appreciate it !

rizwanahmed said:
HI zTariq,

ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

That indeed is interesting to know, I never received any email or any message saying anything.... last correspondence I had with CIC was SA email on July 7th.
After a week or 10 days ECAS status went to "In Process" at that time I thought we should be receiving medicals / PCC request in a month or so. In late August it changed back to Application Received.

Looking at the progress of other visa offices seems like London Visa office is the slowest.

Again not too sure how many pictures are required and which address to DHL them. I am sure we never submitted any passport photographs along with the application.

Any suggestions?

HI zTariq,

Also , I tried many times to link my application to MYCIC, but not get success.
You're right zTariq, LVO is the slowest visa office and their processing procedure is different than what we heard in this forum.

Thanks

rizwanahmed

Aug 28, 2012
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed,

Actually thats a good thing, seems like they have touched your file and its in process now :)
This brings couple of more questions in my mind for you, if you mind answering below:

1- What does your ECAS say? does it say in-process or application received? ( Mine says Decision made and Application Received )
2- Which email are they sending you these letters? Your email or your parents? ( In my case I provided them with 2 email addresses; mine and my parents')

Hi zTariq:
In ECAS , if i used my credentials it says the same "Decision Made" and "Application Received" . if i used my father credentials in ECAS then it says only "Application Received". But not any "in-Process" status in my case.
They send all correspondence (so far) on my email address.

Thanks

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
The next thing you may see is that background check turns into In-Progress and while it stays In-Progress, you will get your PPR. :)
Thanks Rossie!! :D

We were worried about my father's medical but it's really good to know that we are now good.

Good luck to those who are still waiting and stay positive! :)

kaka555

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Rossei and all Forum members:

My ecas in permanent resident application shows “In Process” on 26th of Aug.2016 but on 1st sept.2016 again turned to “Application Received” and still “application received”.

Can any one have an idea regarding this and when this will be turned to “in Process” OR When my file be processed.

Any other member having same situation please discuss in the forum as I am worried being after SA on 22nd June no progress in the file.

Anon2016

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello folks,

Seems from the responses on the forum typically CIC gives 30 days to obtain PCC.

Was wondering if anyone asked CIC for more time (time extension) to obtain their PCC. If so, can someone share their experience or thoughts on this.

Thank you!

dgpatel

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
06-07-2016
Med's Request
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Passport Req..
23-01-2018
kaka555 said:
Rossei and all Forum members:

My ecas in permanent resident application shows “In Process” on 26th of Aug.2016 but on 1st sept.2016 again turned to “Application Received” and still “application received”.

Can any one have an idea regarding this and when this will be turned to “in Process” OR
When my file be processed.

Any other member having same situation please discuss in the forum as I am worried being after SA on 22nd June no progress in the file.
I am in same situation like you. Application status went to "In Process" on 1st Sept and then after 10 days went back to "Application received". Have not heard anything from CIC. No idea what's happening?

canadian_legend

Sep 2, 2015
Hi,
Mine is London as well, the slowest one out of all perhaps.
SA was received in July. My online status shows same as yours (Decision made and Application Received )
I also linked my application in August to MyCIC and below is what I see:

Thanks,

rizwanahmed said:
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed,

Hi zTariq:
In ECAS , if i used my credentials it says the same "Decision Made" and "Application Received" . if i used my father credentials in ECAS then it says only "Application Received". But not any "in-Process" status in my case.
They send all correspondence (so far) on my email address.

Thanks

xzev

Sep 25, 2016
My application was transferred to LVO also in July and haven't received any correspondence from them since...unfortunately in my case Iam still not even able to link my application on myCIC yet even after numerous attempts.

Very frustrating....

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

My parents file is with London visa office but didnt hear anything since file transfered to them and also it says same staus in my cic like under review.

Thanks

S

ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

Any suggestions?

Happy2016

Jan 2, 2016
Hi ,

I was wondering for the PPR , Ottawa asked you to send them the passport to CPC-Ottawa.
or to LOVO .

My question is if the parent is in Canada on a tourist visa and the get the PPR to their Local office ? what to do in that case ?

Thanks

mani_7835

Sep 11, 2012
ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-03-2014
Rossei said:
You don't have to worry about it. Just use the correct DOB and anything like it so that it matches with other valid ID (i.e. passports, birth cert, national id, marriage cert. etc.).
Thanks Rossei for sharing your thoughts.

If any one else has gone through this situation I would appreciate to hear from them there experience.

I have another question here, as We are thinking of applying for sponsoring my wife's parents and my wife is not working for past 3 years as we had kid and she is taking care of him. But We would qualify with my income.
Now here, I wanted to ask that would my wife be the main applicant and I will be the Co-signer and we would have to submit Option-C for both my wife and myself or Only I can sponsor my in-laws.?

Thanks in advance

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I received three emails saying that we have new messages in my CIC account.

However, trying to login to my cic, I keep on getting "Internal Server Error" after the first page. Anybody could log in to my cic this morning?

I called CIC and they were saying the website is up working fine.

Please let me know.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daniala said:
I received three emails saying that we have new messages in my CIC account.

However, trying to login to my cic, I keep on getting "Internal Server Error" after the first page. Anybody could log in to my cic this morning?

I called CIC and they were saying the website is up working fine.

Please let me know.
I was able to log in both MyCIC and E-cas ...maybe try again :)