+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

aa20

Oct 8, 2016
Please help me with the following questions:

1. My father will be Principal Applicant so do i have fill 2 Form 1344 E (1 for mother & 1 for father), because it talks abt principal applicant only. so i was wondering about my mother info to go on a separate form or no.

2. Form 5406 Additional family info - Do we have to write all the names in out native language also, if yes should it be in the same form in brackets or we have separate form 5406 with all natives names? in this case, one form will have all in english and other will be all in native langauge?

3 Form 5669 E - abt writing name in native language - Can we hand write our name in native languauge?

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
I am reviewing form "Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344). Does anybody know which one of the below I should check for the first question for sponsoring my parents?
1. withdraw your sponsorship application
2. proceed with the application for permanent residence

TinaA

Oct 11, 2016
Also, do we need to fill out Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) for each of the persons.like for each of my parents and my sister seprately?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Dear Reader,

There are several cases which have been completed (PPR requested / Decision Made) for 2015 and 2016 applications. However, the google spreadsheets shows only handful of such completed or progressed cases. It is requested to all the users to kindly update the spreadsheets which will help others to understand/derive some statistics on processing time, anticipate next step or at least build hope.

The links of spreadsheets are -
2016 PGP: http://goo.gl/0gD5bR
2015 PGP: http://goo.gl/S2SPwf
2014 PGP: http://goo.gl/B3uBBf

Hope you contribute some data today!

Thanks for taking time to read the post.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
So does this mean parents are getting faster PRs now? Earlier it used to be several years. But seems like they are requesting for documents way faster. Am I missing anything here?
All PGP applications from 2014, 2015 & 2016 are getting processed simultaneously.

For all these 3 years (from the spreadsheet entries),

785 applications were submitted
652 applications were accepted
353 applications have got SA and their file transferred to LVO
181 applications have received Medical/PCC/RPRF requests already
36 applications have received PPR so far

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
planningtogo said:
Hi,

I just checked the status of my parents application and their medical is now stating 'PASSED' after we submitted the additional medical results for my father. Any idea what is the next step(s)?

Where is this application? Details
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Thank you!!
The next thing you may see is that background check turns into In-Progress and while it stays In-Progress, you will get your PPR. :)

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for spamming but I am seeking the best plan of action for my situation. I posted it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-help-pcc-requested-for-a-country-my-parents-never-visited-t456924.0.html. Is replying back to CPC and asking for clarification the best option? I am also wondering that instead of waiting for the reply I should at least get my parents work on getting the PCC from india, even though it's not requested in their email.

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immprofessional said:
Hi there,

Just sharing my experience so far with PGP sponsorship

-Mailed application January 4th 2016
-Mom was requested and did medicals in August. Also paid RPRF in August as was requested by IRCC
-Police cert was also requested with medicals. That was sent in Sept
-Received passport request on Oct 10, 2016

Mom is currently in Canada on Supervisa.

All the best.
Congratulation!!!!

If you don't mine where is your Mom's LVO?

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
Sorry for spamming but I am seeking the best plan of action for my situation. I posted it here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-help-pcc-requested-for-a-country-my-parents-never-visited-t456924.0.html. Is replying back to CPC and asking for clarification the best option? I am also wondering that instead of waiting for the reply I should at least get my parents work on getting the PCC from india, even though it's not requested in their email.
It was probably a mistake from CPC-O asking PCC from China (instead of India) and UAE. If your LVO were NDVO, it would be unlikely that they would do the same mistake.

You're also right to start gathering PCC from India and UAE. Meanwhile, you should contact CPC-O asking for a clarification. If you don't hear back from them, send them PCC (India+UAE) with an explanation letter that your parents never visited nor stayed in China in their life.

For PR application with CPC-O, you can send email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

BTW, you shouldn't have opened another topic for your one question which you could ask here first. Read the last reply of the person who replied you first. He also mentioned you in 2010 PGP Topic and 2011 PGP Topic. I feel for pre-2014 era applications but at the same time I hate to play a blame game. You just added fuel to fire. :D

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
It was probably a mistake from CPC-O asking PCC from China (instead of India) and UAE. If your LVO were NDVO, it would be unlikely that they would do the same mistake.

You're also right to start gathering PCC from India and UAE. Meanwhile, you should contact CPC-O asking for a clarification. If you don't hear back from them, send them PCC (India+UAE) with an explanation letter that your parents never visited nor stayed in China in their life.

For PR application with CPC-O, you can send email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

BTW, you shouldn't have opened another topic for your one question which you could ask here first. Read the last reply of the person who replied you first. He also mentioned you in 2010 PGP Topic. I feel for pre-2014 era applications but at the same time I hate to play a blame game. You just added fuel to fire. :D
Thanks.

Sorry for posting at multiple places. I want to email them first CPC-O first thing in the morning. So, I was getting desperate to get an answer overnight.

Coming to the point of pre-2014 applications, I can feel their frustration. Thankfully I can't be blamed for it :).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
blueboy said:
Thanks.

Sorry for posting at multiple places. I want to email them first CPC-O first thing in the morning. So, I was getting desperate to get an answer overnight.

Coming to the point of pre-2014 applications, I can feel their frustration. Thankfully I can't be blamed for it :).
Well, I replied to his post calling you "lucky" on your thread.

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

That indeed is interesting to know, I never received any email or any message saying anything.... last correspondence I had with CIC was SA email on July 7th.
After a week or 10 days ECAS status went to "In Process" at that time I thought we should be receiving medicals / PCC request in a month or so. In late August it changed back to Application Received.
In August I linked my application to MyCIC and below is what I see

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

Also, under MyCIC messages it says "No Messages".

Looking at the progress of other visa offices seems like London Visa office is the slowest.
Also not many people posting their experiences from London Visa office as well.

Again not too sure how many pictures are required and which address to DHL them. I am sure we never submitted any passport photographs along with the application.

Any suggestions?

rizwanahmed said:
ztariq said:
Hi rizwanahmed & ic162K,

This is regarding London Visa Office applicants, did both of you receive SA informing that file has been transferred to London Visa Office? If yes, you mind letting me know when did you receive SA.
I received SA on July 7th and till date no correspondence from London Visa office.
MyCIC under Applicant shows "Application Received" and ECAS has same status as well.

I would appreciate your reply.
Hi zTariq,

I got SA on July 15th and then ECAS status said 'Application Received". The interesting thing is on my status it written they send me some further instruction/document on July 25th , that is not true( i haven't get any correspondence. I emailed on Sept 9th and ask him to resend the instruction that you send me on July 25th. In response of this today i got an email and asked for photographs.

mani_7835

Sep 11, 2012
ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-03-2014
Hello Friends,

I have a different question here.

When I applied for PR few years back, in my wife family information form, she filled her Father's Date of Birth wrong.
Now We were planning to sponsor her parents in Jan 2017 and was thinking that would that create problem, when we apply to sponsor them with correct date of birth. As his passport has the correct date of birth.

Please let me know if anyone had similar situation and how did they corrected the same.

Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
mani_7835 said:
Hello Friends,

I have a different question here.

When I applied for PR few years back, in my wife family information form, she filled her Father's Date of Birth wrong.
Now We were planning to sponsor her parents in Jan 2017 and was thinking that would that create problem, when we apply to sponsor them with correct date of birth. As his passport has the correct date of birth.

Please let me know if anyone had similar situation and how did they corrected the same.

Any suggestion would be very helpful.

Thanks
You don't have to worry about it. Just use the correct DOB and anything like it so that it matches with other valid ID (i.e. passports, birth cert, national id, marriage cert. etc.).