+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
jesa said:
I was able to log in both MyCIC and E-cas ...maybe try again :)
I tried 100 times. It accepts the username and password. But it gives the "Internal Server Error" Error 500 before asking the security question. I had been checking my cic almost everyday before. I am very worried for this.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Daniala said:
I tried 100 times. It accepts the username and password. But it gives the "Internal Server Error" Error 500 before asking the security question. I had been checking my cic almost everyday before. I am very worried for this.
they had maintenance between 6 and 7 am EST and i guess they screwed something up !

BQM

Dec 31, 2015
rizwanahmed said:
Hi All,

Today I got an email from London Visa Office and they asked me for permanent residence photographs. They haven't asked any medical or any other documents. In fact this is first contact from LVO after my case transferred. Is anyone had same kind of experience? and How i send these photographs to them ? via courier service??

Thanks
I got the same request in July form LVO and send the pictures using Purolator. I didn't heard anything back since then.

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Glad to see some people from London Visa Office. :)
In comparison to other visa offices London is the slowest, not sure why is that.

canadian_legend said:
Hi,
Mine is London as well, the slowest one out of all perhaps.
SA was received in July. My online status shows same as yours (Decision made and Application Received )
I also linked my application in August to MyCIC and below is what I see:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started
Thanks,

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Happy2016 said:
Hi ,

I was wondering for the PPR , Ottawa asked you to send them the passport to CPC-Ottawa.
or to LOVO .

My question is if the parent is in Canada on a tourist visa and the get the PPR to their Local office ? what to do in that case ?

Thanks
Usually, in the PPR correspondence, it's all described what to do/where to send if your parents are in Canada (or somewhere else). If your parents are in Canada and will stay here for at least 3 more months; CIC tells you to submit passports to CPC-O via CanadaPost.

Read my post re: this instructions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsoring-parents-in-2015-t248893.0.html;msg5476931#msg5476931

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
random hero said:
they had maintenance between 6 and 7 am EST and i guess they screwed something up !
Thank you for the response. I called CIC two times. It is very frustrating that they do not even accept to send those messages to the email address on the file. And I knnow whatever is inside is time-sensitive.

Has anybody tried to create a new my CIC and re-link the application? If yes, the main question is whether the messages of the application get transferred to the new my CIC account after linking.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
mani_7835 said:
Thanks Rossei for sharing your thoughts.

If any one else has gone through this situation I would appreciate to hear from them there experience.

I have another question here, as We are thinking of applying for sponsoring my wife's parents and my wife is not working for past 3 years as we had kid and she is taking care of him. But We would qualify with my income.
Now here, I wanted to ask that would my wife be the main applicant and I will be the Co-signer and we would have to submit Option-C for both my wife and myself
Correct

or Only I can sponsor my in-laws?
No, you can't.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kaka555 said:
Rossei and all Forum members:

My ecas in permanent resident application shows “In Process” on 26th of Aug.2016 but on 1st sept.2016 again turned to “Application Received” and still “application received”.

Can any one have an idea regarding this and when this will be turned to “in Process” OR When my file be processed.

Any other member having same situation please discuss in the forum as I am worried being after SA on 22nd June no progress in the file.
It's little unlikely that E-Cas status reversed during processing for PGP. I've seen it on a number of occasions for other types of applications.

Anyway, the case officer might have opened your file either by mistake or left it in queue.
Or, it was caused by a system glitch.

I wouldn't worry about it much. It will happen when it happens.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
thecoolguysam said:
Has anyone who has still not received SA, did you cobtact cic call centre? If yes, what did they say?
Has anyone tried ATIP as well?
I called them today and they told me that they have just issued AOR only and can't access the application as it is too early.

I am glad that few people among us have luckily already received SA and applications are progressing further. You must be luckily chosen to process early. Please let me know what should i do?
I'M still waiting, I called them, just said we are working on 2014 application

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
I cannot log-in to my CIC anymore to access my messages due to the unknown technical reason on CIC's side. I keep on getting the Internal Server Error message from any computer and browser.

I am now thinking of creating a new GCKey and re-linking my application. Will I see the messages in the new account, if I succeed re-linking the application? Has anybody done this before?

I really need to see the enw messages that are stuck in the my cic account.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Hi All,

my parents application was sent this year
CIC received on 04.jan.2016
payment charged on 13th January 2016
AOR letter in mail - mid Feb 2016
another letter in email - 10.Aug.2016 (referring the application sent to ottawa)

my parents have supervisa and they were in canada in 2015 for few months, and uci#

Questions to "The Guru's"
1. not sure why it was sent to ottawa? when there home address is mentioned at india
2. can i submit PCC, medicals and rprf (CAD 980) before they ask?

because for PCC, to get it from india, its long process, they make big fuss, 30 days is not sufficient
and to avoid delays in medicals for additional test (if required)

Note: in ECAS, it says
Sponsorship - Decision Made
Applicants - In Process

yet to add this case to mycic to more details

"The Guru's" please reply

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Daniala said:
I cannot log-in to my CIC anymore to access my messages due to the unknown technical reason on CIC's side. I keep on getting the Internal Server Error message from any computer and browser.

I am now thinking of creating a new GCKey and re-linking my application. Will I see the messages in the new account, if I succeed re-linking the application? Has anybody done this before?

I really need to see the enw messages that are stuck in the my cic account.
like i mentioned to you in the morning ! you are not alone in the boat ,i am having the same issue too ! they had maintenance between 6 and 7 am ! and there is something not working which most probably have been reported couple of times but you can be proactive and report it yourself too if you would like .

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
kilamans said:
Hi All,

my parents application was sent this year
CIC received on 04.jan.2016
payment charged on 13th January 2016
AOR letter in mail - mid Feb 2016
another letter in email - 10.Aug.2016 (referring the application sent to ottawa)

my parents have supervisa and they were in canada in 2015 for few months, and uci#

Questions to "The Guru's"
1. not sure why it was sent to ottawa? when there home address is mentioned at india
2. can i submit PCC, medicals and rprf (CAD 980) before they ask?

because for PCC, to get it from india, its long process, they make big fuss, 30 days is not sufficient
and to avoid delays in medicals for additional test (if required)

Note: in ECAS, it says
Sponsorship - Decision Made
Applicants - In Process

yet to add this case to mycic to more details

"The Guru's" please reply
i wouldnt suggest to pay beforehand as its always a pain and long process to get refunded if anything happens.
you can try get pcc from india if u r sure u will be asked for it within next 6 months and not after ! otherwise u will have to request new ones.
medicals are valid for one year so again, ur playing with the time.

your call.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
random hero said:
i wouldnt suggest to pay beforehand as its always a pain and long process to get refunded if anything happens.
you can try get pcc from india if u r sure u will be asked for it within next 6 months and not after ! otherwise u will have to request new ones.
medicals are valid for one year so again, ur playing with the time.

your call.
really, PCC is only valid for 6 months? :( :( :( :(
and CIC gives only 30 days to submit PCC and medicals? :( :( :(
in india to get PCC in short time, applicants should have got special gift, even that Tatkal (express) service is not feasible for us ??? ???

any suggestion or thoughts? :-X

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
kilamans said:
really, PCC is only valid for 6 months? :( :( :( :(
and CIC gives only 30 days to submit PCC and medicals? :( :( :(
in india to get PCC in short time, applicants should have got special gift, even that Tatkal (express) service is not feasible for us ??? ???

any suggestion or thoughts? :-X
read this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp