+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

bender

Jun 16, 2016
My parents are heading home next month. They live in quite remote area of the home country, which is quite far from the listed physician who can do the medical exam.

Is there a way that I can get them to do a medical check before ME request come in Toronto? If yes, how should I tell the clinic. And when the clinic finish the exam, how can I upload the result or inform Ottawa CIC?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
bender said:
My parents are heading home next month. They live in quite remote area of the home country, which is quite far from the listed physician who can do the medical exam.

Is there a way that I can get them to do a medical check before ME request come in Toronto? If yes, how should I tell the clinic. And when the clinic finish the exam, how can I upload the result or inform Ottawa CIC?
Yes, you can do medical in advance (upfront medical). Mind you, medical is valid for 12 months.

This is what CIC says:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

1) Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application

2) Undergo your exam before you submit your application
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:
they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:
they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi guys!

Among PGP 2016 applicants (1st or 2nd batch) has anyone received the SA recently?
I believe its been few months that they stopped issuing SA letter and I'm so worried as I was in the first batch and no SA yet...
I requested for GCMS notes last week

axen0001

Jan 22, 2016
Good stuff. They started working at my parents app on August 11 and nothing yet.

lili2013 said:
Hello everyone,

As an update, finally I got the CSQ approval after 8 weeks!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Roya-FSW said:
Hi guys!

Among PGP 2016 applicants (1st or 2nd batch) has anyone received the SA recently?
I believe its been few months that they stopped issuing SA letter and I'm so worried as I was in the first batch and no SA yet...
I requested for GCMS notes last week
Still waiting for SA. FedEx 9-40 batch. Let us know if GCMS notes are useful.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
last week i received an email saying there is an update on my application.

i logged in to my online application and checked and found there was nothing new there.

today i called cic and asked them about this and they mentioned from the moment an employee open the file ,we receive an email saying there is an update (which didnt really make sense to me) so its kind of a false positive indication.

while on the phone ,i asked the agent to check my file and she asked which year i applied, i answered its 2016 and she said " oh well you i guess you shouldnt be worrying because you guys are getting the process of speed of a light where people who applied before you 2011 etc..are still waiting and they are getting upset at this "

no one is able to know why the recent application is moving faster than the previous applications !

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
random hero said:
last week i received an email saying there is an update on my application.

i logged in to my online application and checked and found there was nothing new there.

today i called cic and asked them about this and they mentioned from the moment an employee open the file ,we receive an email saying there is an update (which didnt really make sense to me) so its kind of a false positive indication.

while on the phone ,i asked the agent to check my file and she asked which year i applied, i answered its 2016 and she said " oh well you i guess you shouldnt be worrying because you guys are getting the process of speed of a light where people who applied before you 2011 etc..are still waiting and they are getting upset at this "

no one is able to know why the recent application is moving faster than the previous applications !
It seems though that processing has slowed down recently –doesn't it? Or is it just me?

bender

Jun 16, 2016
Hi Rossei,
Thanks for your advice! Wish you a great weekend.
Rossei said:
Yes, you can do medical in advance (upfront medical). Mind you, medical is valid for 12 months.

This is what CIC says:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

1) Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application

2) Undergo your exam before you submit your application
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:
they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:
they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Congrats,

What are the next steps after CSQ? We need to send a copy of CSQ to CIC but is there any other form to send with?

lili2013 said:
Hello everyone,

As an update, finally I got the CSQ approval after 8 weeks!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

RAVIJAN2016

Aug 1, 2016
canam3 said:
Same case with me. It was transferred to Ottawa in early August and that's it; no medical or PCC.
I think, Ottawa is going slow in comparison to other offices. May be they have more load overall so have assigned few resources for PGP.
Fingers crossed!! Still, overall PGP program is going fast so that's a relief .

I am in same boat, no progress after case transferred to CPC Ottawa. If someone please reply when ottawa office starts processing our case will they trasfer our files to local visa office countries from where our parents coming from ?

THanks

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
For Dadaum2 ie for my mother today on Sunday we received an email at 9/12 AM that your application is updated.Please sign in to your account and Check your application status.But did not find any updation.Any one can say something in this matter?

nav1982

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
Aug 2016
Med's Done....
Sept 2016
dadaum said:
For Dadaum2 ie for my mother today on Sunday we received an email at 9/12 AM that your application is updated.Please sign in to your account and Check your application status.But did not find any updation.Any one can say something in this matter?
I got same about month ago but nothing shows in my account .
When I called they said anytime when CIC update or make some notes in your file you will get this message .This is normal

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
nav1982 said:
I got same about month ago but nothing shows in my account .
When I called they said anytime when CIC update or make some notes in your file you will get this message .This is normal
Thanks for the information.This is surprising that this is on Sunday.