+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dadaum said:
Thanks for the information.This is surprising that this is on Sunday.
When there is an update at CIC's end, it takes 2-3 days to update on e-cas or online cic account.
So, for example, if there is an update on file on Thursday or Friday, the update will reflect on e-cas or online cic account on Saturday or Sunday.

Mrs Hassan

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
I need your advice; how long after the sponsorship status changing to "in process" do we get medical request? Our file started processing on June 27th, and status update almost 3-4 weeks now. Any input will be sincerely appreciated.

bender

Jun 16, 2016
Rossei said:
Yes, you can do medical in advance (upfront medical). Mind you, medical is valid for 12 months.

This is what CIC says:

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

1) Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application

2) Undergo your exam before you submit your application
This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:
they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.
If the doctor works with a paper system:
they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.
You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.
Hi Rossei,

I have my application in the mycic account. But I didn't find a place to upload the medical exam confirmation. Do you know where can I do the upload?

Thanks.

xzev

Sep 25, 2016
Folks, I have not heard anyone from the London Visa Office hearing any news? Also was anyone able to link their application on myCic for those whose files were transferred to LVO?

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
bender said:
Hi Rossei,

I have my application in the mycic account. But I didn't find a place to upload the medical exam confirmation. Do you know where can I do the upload?

Thanks.
One need not upload the medical papers.If the doctor is EEnabled it will automatically be reflected in my cic account within 10 to 15 days and now most of the doctors are EEnabled.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Mrs Hassan said:
I need your advice; how long after the sponsorship status changing to "in process" do we get medical request? Our file started processing on June 27th, and status update almost 3-4 weeks now. Any input will be sincerely appreciated.
There is no relation between the two ! What is your LVO?

lili2013

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Naqvee said:
Hi Congrats,

What are the next steps after CSQ? We need to send a copy of CSQ to CIC but is there any other form to send with?
Hello, No need to send the CSQ approval to CIC. As far as I know we should just wait for PCC and Medical.

Mesohilo

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
random hero said:
no one is able to know why the recent application is moving faster than the previous applications !
I Shared my theory a while ago:

"I agree that it does not make sense for 2016 applicants to move ahead of 14/15 apps. My theory though is that Trudeau, having strongly criticized the previous administration's processing times, could be trying to prove his point, that processing times can be way lower than current averages. Since 14/15 apps were under Harper's, he could be using us as guinea pigs. I really hope my theory proves me right! :)"

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Mesohilo said:
I Shared my theory a while ago:

"I agree that it does not make sense for 2016 applicants to move ahead of 14/15 apps. My theory though is that Trudeau, having strongly criticized the previous administration's processing times, could be trying to prove his point, that processing times can be way lower than current averages. Since 14/15 apps were under Harper's, he could be using us as guinea pigs. I really hope my theory proves me right! :)"
I doubt Trudeau wanting to prove a point has anything to do with it. Even if he did, he wouldnt prioritize 2016 applicants that way.
If you look at the statistics page, you will see that out of 195 tracked on Rossei's spreadsheet, 107 went to OTTAWA as LVO while only 16 has progressed to IME/PCC stage. But out of the remaining 88 applications that went elsewhere, 43 are already at IME/PCC. That is about ~50% compared to ~15%.

To me, it looks like just luck. I dont think the government is even aware that the LVO are processing this quickly. Since majority of all applications (all types of PR applications, not just PGP) go to OTTAWA, they are much slower now compared to LVO who only process a few of these PGP applicants now that almost all the old backlog is mostly dealt with.

Regardless, all 2016 applicants are luckier to see much faster processing and the larger intake. Some are/will be seeing the process complete in 9 months- 1 year while most will likely go through 1.5 year - 2 years of processing. Still a huge improvement.

Happy2016

Jan 2, 2016
Hi Random Hero ,

When you submitted your CSQ to CIC by email + PCC ,
Did Cic acknowledge the reception of the papers , I mean did they send you an email to say there received them - or you just guess they got them .

If so , how long it took for them to acknowledge ?
Thanks

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Happy2016 said:
Hi Random Hero ,

When you submitted your CSQ to CIC by email + PCC ,
Did Cic acknowledge the reception of the papers , I mean did they send you an email to say there received them - or you just guess they got them .

If so , how long it took for them to acknowledge ?
Thanks
I was never asked to submit csq ! I just sent pcc by registered mail to LVO as they instructed and there was no email received confirming receipt thereafter !

Mlav

Sep 22, 2016
Re: Thread for 2016 PGP Applicants?

Im new here. Where's the thread for 2016 Parent & Grandp. applications? I can't find it.

Feb. 2, 2016- got an application number through my son, who's the sponsor
June 24, 2016- when my son received an email, stating he has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
after that, no more email or update. I read that other 2016 sponsors have already received medical & police certificate req. for their parent in July.

Happy2016

Jan 2, 2016
Hi Random Hero ,

I guess I was late to apply for CSQ , so cic sent me s letter to scan them the CSQ .
They sent me an email for that around the same time I got the CSQ.
They also asked for PCC but they never requested original , just the scanned one .

Any updates from your end ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Thread for 2016 PGP Applicants?

Mlav said:
Im new here. Where's the thread for 2016 Parent & Grandp. applications? I can't find it.
Well, you found it.

Feb. 2, 2016- got an application number through my son, who's the sponsor
June 24, 2016- when my son received an email, stating he has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
after that, no more email or update. I read that other 2016 sponsors have already received medical & police certificate req. for their parent in July.
We have a Google SS for all 2016 PGP applicants' timeline. You can look for yourself what progress some of them made so far. You are also welcome to register by simply putting your info on the 'New Entry' sheet. Links to all SS are given in my signature.

random hero

Star Member
Jul 6, 2016
Happy2016 said:
Hi Random Hero ,

I guess I was late to apply for CSQ , so cic sent me s letter to scan them the CSQ .
They sent me an email for that around the same time I got the CSQ.
They also asked for PCC but they never requested original , just the scanned one .

Any updates from your end ?
no updates from my end, submitted pcc, done medicals then they came back asking for updated background declaration form which i submitted on same day and after that no updates !