+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Ahhhh Mr. ya61x nice to know :) . your information is the most reliable. So I guess your a nice reliable guy too

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
ya61x said:
Exciting news, CIC has started processing the payments. lol.
Any idea the last name initials of the people who got charged?
Or is the alphabetic order theory is good to throw out the window?

bluemango

Aug 13, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know that ya61x. Congrats !

BTW, when did your package sent it and by which courier.

Thank you

ya61x said:

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
ya61x said:
Hi ya61x, how do you know ? just realized most people watch CC for the clue if they are in 5000 camp, I submitted package in on time, after that, I noticed CIC will be taking payments from CC later only if my case is in 5000 cap, I was confused based on the information on CIC website and instruction guide, It states : " Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to : " So I have paid and the receipt printout ( Barcode one ) attached the Fee Payment Form sent in. in my case, I won't know if my CC will be charged by CIC even my case is in 5000 cap, If I am out from 5000 cap ( Incomplete and so on...) what else I can do about fees I have paid? if I am in the first 5000 camp, does CIC still charge one more time then I called for the refund later? Or simply CIC uses the one I sent in then I won't be able to tell from CC transaction? Thanks for your help.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
2016PGP said:
Hi ya61x, how do you know ? just realized most people watch CC for the clue if they are in 5000 camp, I submitted package in on time, after that, I noticed CIC will be taking payments from CC later only if my case is in 5000 cap, I was confused based on the information on CIC website and instruction guide, It states : " Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to : " So I have paid and the receipt printout ( Barcode one ) attached the Fee Payment Form sent in. in my case, I won't know if my CC will be charged by CIC even my case is in 5000 cap, If I am out from 5000 cap ( Incomplete and so on...) what else I can do about fees I have paid? if I am in the first 5000 camp, does CIC still charge one more time then I called for the refund later? Or simply CIC uses the one I sent in then I won't be able to tell from CC transaction? Thanks for your help.
You prepaid your fees? I didn't even know there was an option like that.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Quoi said:
Any idea the last name initials of the people who got charged?
Or is the alphabetic order theory is good to throw out the window?
The whole alphabetic thing was crap. Neither last name nor first name initial was any way close to ABCDEF...

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
A few seconds of silence for my F5 key...

:-[

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
ya61x said:
The whole alphabetic thing was crap. Neither last name nor first name initial was any way close to ABCDEF...
Alright, well that's excellent news too.
Thank you!

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
ya61x said:
You prepaid your fees? I didn't even know there was an option like that.
Hi Ya61x, this is what I read " Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents " then click step 3

CIC will return your application in all of the following circumstances:

•The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) is not included in your application;
Fees are not paid by certified cheque or credit card;
•Payment is declined when CIC attempts to process the fees required
•The credit card used for the payment of fees expires in less than nine months after the date on which you submitted your application;
•The fee amount authorized on the Fee Payment Form is insufficient

Step 4: Mail the application:

Mailing instruction

Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to:

I was so confused.....

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
2016PGP said:
Hi Ya61x, this is what I read " Guide 5772 - Application to Sponsor Parents and Grandparents " then click step 3

•The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) is not included in your application;
•The credit card used for the payment of fees expires in less than nine months after the date on which you submitted your application;

Mailing instruction

Put your forms along with your receipt and all the supporting documentation in an envelope and mail it to:

I was so confused.....
The info in step 4 may be for general apps. I am sure credit cards and certified cheques (money order/bank draft) are the only two options.

talespin

Jan 4, 2016
2016PGP said:

Mailing instruction

I was so confused.....
I wouldn't worry about it. It may not be preferred, but I doubt this will be held against you if your application is otherwise selected, as you followed some ambiguous instructions. There is a legal phrase called Contra proferentem which implies that where there is ambiguity in language, the preferred interpretation shall be the one that works in favor of the party who did not draft the language. The prepayment does however create a bit of a nuisance when you are trying to get a refund from CIC in case your application did not meet the cap.

By the way the entire application package is full of ambiguities. Half this forum topic is devoted towards clarifying those ambiguities.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
ya61x said:
The info in step 4 may be for general apps. I am sure credit cards and certified cheques (money order/bank draft) are the only two options.
The step 4 is on the PGP instruction Guide... omg, how could I follow the instructions

So I'm in the "dark" ? I won't be able to know if I am in or not from CC transactions? or they will charge one more time?

Thanks