19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
boorishbrat1 said:
Here comes another fear mongering speculator & attention seeker - did you take your pills this morning ?
Not fear mongering or speculating. Cic is a business and there are set procedures they follow. The employee that open the application first have a special checklist they fill out to ensure file is complete with signatures, all forms, required supporting documents and payment information. Each checklist they complete has initials and
A signature section.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MMCS said:
Hi Chris,

Coolguysam

I appreciate the constructive criticism
Thank you for the detailed reply.
All I am trying to say is that it is 2016 now and everyone(most of the people) have nice gadgets and loading of webpages regardless of their type (html, flash etc) does not really matter because as the technology advances, the size of the web pages/contents tend to decrease (because of data compression) thus efficient/quick processing of the webpages. Moreover, people are using Wifi, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE etc thus loading website content is not a problem. Now a days, you can still make a simple, decent, good looking website which can have quick loading content.

I know your website has really useful information and simple design which is good. However, if the website is bit more attractive then it will attract more clients. The website is the front face of your business and it should indeed look attractive :)

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
jomz and you have seen them do it.

to open up every 15000 maybe more and put them all alphabetical order when they only need 5000. I guess they have a lot of highly trained monkeys in the back room room that's a lot of work. its easier for them to pick 5000 applications go through them and pick more if those fail. Tha'ts smarter I think. The government is sow but they definitely are smart so I think they would choose the smart process. anyways I just wanted to answer coolsmartguys question because it was directly to me didn't want to get into this discussion.

but I definitely want to answer Boorishbrat attack on my work and maybe a slight jab to me.

And no we don't create any frenzy boorishbrat, we respond to what our customers tell us what they want to us do. i learned how to do this business by what clients told me. not by creating media and convincing them. So if your jealous go spend a 5000 to register and set up a courier company and show us a better way to to do it. The harder the clients want us to work for them the more we are going to charge. you are probably upset you couldn't get a courier to do it for free for you. We don't stir customers up they stir us up.

I don't give sermons. there are tons of people on this site attest to what I've said and could confirm it. I only share what I've observed and experienced for the benefit of others at the request of some of clients who asked me to for this community. instead of reading the reasons I explain in a post as to why they use couriers in the first place maybe your rant could be taken more seriously. Yes we are businessmen and yes we make money we aren't a charity we don't create a need we fill a need. the harder you make us work and expect from us and push us the more we will charge. Enough said

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@MMCS

Think me as your client and i what i suggested you was just my personal opinion and it was just in regards to the improved design of your website, nothing else.
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you anyway. I never questioned your work/service. My sincere apologies from the deep core of my heart once again.

Peace!

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
No Offence coolsguy. Thanks for the comments. there is always room for improvement in life.
We learn by criticism not compliments. More specifics are more helpful

We are Canadians, Peace is our middle name.

So yes, Peace to you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MMCS said:
No Offence coolsmart. Thanks for the comments. there is always room for improvement in life.
We learn by criticism not compliments. More specifics are more helpful

We are Canadians, Peace is our middle name.

So yes, Peace to you.
Thanks :) i just updated my previous comments to express myself better.
Good Night. It's already around 2 am in Ontario.
My best wishes with you :)

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
no problem cool guy its your honest perception . not insulting at all but an effort to be helpful and a I appreciate it.

take care and best wishes to you
Chris

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Re: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants t

Century said:
So on plane eye, it seems, they would cost a lot and using tax payers money. However, many parents bring enough money which could be more than free medical expenses they will get and stop outgoing money to their home country. So again, one cannot say, economically which is better for Canada without any concrete research data.
Have a look here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/research/elderly/index.asp.

From the Conclusions section:

Parents and Grandparents had a relatively low incidence of employment earnings and of investment income and high incidence of provincial supplements, especially following the 10-year mark. Elderly immigrants in this category also reported the second lowest annual income of all categories prior to the 10-year mark and the lowest annual income following the 10-year mark. Parents and Grandparents also had the highest incidence of OAS and GIS/Allowance following the 10-year mark.

pretty_18

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC:2141 Quebec.Code:B666
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2015 CC charged: Nov. 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 12,2016
IELTS Request
Nov. 1, 2014
Hi,

Is there any spreadsheet for 2016 Parents Sponsorship?

Is there someone who actually go to CIC office and witness the coming of the packages? Just wondering. ;D

How about the quota? Is it still open? Our package was receive yesterday around 9:30AM.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
pretty_18 said:
Hi,

Is there someone who actually go to CIC office and witness the coming of the packages? Just wondering. ;D

How about the quota? Is it still open? Our package was receive yesterday around 9:30AM.
Hi, Pretty_18, we discussed it in this thread, just go 10-15-20 pages back )).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pretty_18 said:
Hi,

In my signature below.

Some did indeed. But as Luda345 said, you have to turn back to look for the info.

If CIC keeps 5000 quota, it never reaches 3rd day. in 2015, the quota was filled before noon of the 2nd day. This year, it may not even go to 2nd day, let alone 3rd day.

pretty_18

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC:2141 Quebec.Code:B666
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2015 CC charged: Nov. 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 12,2016
IELTS Request
Nov. 1, 2014
Why is it there are no updates in the CIC website?
Last year, what date they post that the quota reach? Is it on the same day? Or they only announced after few days?

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
pretty_18 said:
Last year, what date they post that the quota reach? Is it on the same day? Or they only announced after few days?
Last year they announced what quota was reached on Jan5 noon couple of weeks later. After they charged 5000 apps i guess.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pretty_18 said:
ElenaRu said:
Last year they announced what quota was reached on Jan5 noon couple of weeks later. After they charged 5000 apps i guess.
In 2015,
  • Any application reaching after 11:23 AM on the 2nd day (Jan 5) did not make the cap.
  • CIC started charging CC or cashing cheques from 5th day (Jan 8 ). By Jan 30, at least 90% payments were processed. CC's were charged based on when the application was received by CPC-M.
  • CIC made the announcement on Jan 16 that it already received 5,000 complete apps and will no longer accept new app. Although they never mentioned exactly when the cap was filled.

From what I understand, CIC takes in 7000~8000 applications hoping to have 5000 complete app out of them. For example, when they start sorting out "complete" apps, they end their 5000 count on number # 6280. Therefore, CIC will return 7000-6280=720 or 8000-6280=1720 apps saying that they did not make the cap in 2016.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
jomz said:
Oh dear. I just spoke to a friend who's husband wrk in cic Mississauga. I ask for what happen in Monday and ask if they can check if my application s in the cap and sh ask her husband. He say that in 2-3 week I will know because what they do is file all applications in a-z and they pull 10 at the front and 10 form middle and 10 form back and they repeat until they have 5000. So it doesn't matter which courier u use. Oh and they get too many en elvelope from Canada post too
Oh dear. Does your friend's husband work for CIC Mississauge as box mover?cleaning guy?security guard? (no offense to the security guard. The guy on the 8th floor was super nice to me) One thing for sure is he doesn't know what he's talking about.