+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
talespin said:
Just an observation. I have followed this forum once every few days in the past couple of weeks. Lately, this forum has turned from informative to borderline paranoid, especially all the speculation going on around courier times, order of deliveries, guessing what CIC does behind the scenes, coming up with alternative theories, suggestions of opening courier companies, guessing the size of cages, etc. Seems like people are splitting hair on this forum. The over-anxious ones need to channel their paranoia and go practice some yoga for a couple of weeks and start checking their credit card statements then to see if the immigration gods have decided to favor them. Everyone here knows better than anyone that in any immigration system in the world with factors of 10 chasing a limited number of spots, you are playing the odds when you decide to submit your application. You either get picked or you don't. I also believe, that in any given year, CIC will be doing calibrations behind the scene adapting to the changing techniques used by applicants in the given year. Its all a zero sum game in the end to which all of the over-speculation adds no value. The CIC doesn't owe it to tell you about their background processing techniques, that's just not what them or you signed up for.
Relax and just know that your odds here are a million times better than the hopes we all put in to buying 649 tickets every week!
Well sad ..let me add to this. Some local courier owners are thriving on this paranoia - just see their comments and sermons - they are literally feeding people with crumbs of inconsequential info to exploit their anxiety and emotions. In reality, all this is just a gimmick to build a case for them to charge exorbitant prices next year. Smart & opportunistic businessmen I must say ! I sincerely hope CIC restructures its process to cut this dependency on couriers in future.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Re: Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants t

Century said:
It is certainly a debatable issue whether influx of immigration will remain same if PGP is called off. I came here back in my mind that my mother will one day become immigrant and would stay here else I won't come. I am sure, many also consider PGP factor while immigrating here.
Every country has their pros and cons when it comes to parents immigration, and Canada is no different. Considering what parents get immediate access to upon becoming a PR, Canada is actually one of the more generous countries when it comes to parents PR. A similar wealthy country like Australia, has up to 20-30 year wait times for parents immigration.

If the PGP program is totally scrapped, nothing will change with Canadian immigration and people will still apply in great numbers to come here. There was certainly no reduction in applications when the PGP program was halted for several years recently and nobody knew when it would open again.

Whenever parents come, they generally sell their property and bring lot of money. When parents are at the home country, immigrants do send money at home. So on plane eye, it seems, they would cost a lot and using tax payers money. However, many parents bring enough money which could be more than free medical expenses they will get and stop outgoing money to their home country. So again, one cannot say, economically which is better for Canada without any concrete research data.
And many many parents have very little in their home country and certainly don't come here with any great wealth. And even if they come with money, this does little to offset the costs to taxpayers that the parents will use in healthcare and social services, which increase as one gets older.

You can be sure there have been studies on every immigration program out there, and what the costs/opportunities are. If parents immigration represented a net positive to the economy then it would not be capped or have long wait times, and Canada (and other countries) would simply allow as many parents as possible (if you think they are all wealthy). However it is not a positive to the economy, it's a negative. Overall the costs are more than what the parents contribute back in taxes financially. So as you can see in most countries out there, quotas for parents are capped and processing times can be long.

It is a compassionate program that not all countries offer, and needs to be carefully tracked in terms of visa issued per year.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
aryan15 said:
Maybe they had already received x number of applications by 11 Am. What this person is saying, after they have finished receiving the number of applications they wished to intake, they then sort by a-z. Actually it would make sense to do that but how do they do it?! Based on the 'from' name. Regardless. That is tricky
Her husband said, they will repeat until 5000 counting. It is not after finishing the intake.

jomz said:
Oh dear. I just spoke to a friend who's husband wrk in cic Mississauga. I ask for what happen in Monday and ask if they can check if my application s in the cap and sh ask her husband. He say that in 2-3 week I will know because what they do is file all applications in a-z and they pull 10 at the front and 10 form middle and 10 form back and they repeat until they have 5000. So it doesn't matter which courier u use. Oh and they get too many en elvelope from Canada post too
[/quote

boorishbrat1

Jan 6, 2016
jomz said:
Oh dear. I just spoke to a friend who's husband wrk in cic Mississauga. I ask for what happen in Monday and ask if they can check if my application s in the cap and sh ask her husband. He say that in 2-3 week I will know because what they do is file all applications in a-z and they pull 10 at the front and 10 form middle and 10 form back and they repeat until they have 5000. So it doesn't matter which courier u use. Oh and they get too many en elvelope from Canada post too
Here comes another fear mongering speculator & attention seeker - did you take your pills this morning ?

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the explanations that you have given in the previous posts.
My recommendations to you on a positive note:
1. Please make your website more user friendly and more attractive (it looks like old school). The reason I am telling is that "First Impression is the Last Impression". When the website is nicely designed, it attracts more clients.
2. You can increase your price and send delivery receipts to everyone so that people are more satisfied and don't feel unsecure and have peace of mind. It's good for your business too and it will attract more clients.

Bottom line is that the customer satisfaction should be the utmost priority.

Coolguysam

I appreciate the constructive criticism

The site is designed for fast loading and there fore avoids flash bells and whistle
The lay out is designed to allow the site to be mobile friendly. Unfortunately when you go mobile all sites have to conform to restrictions in format, fonts and pics. Just the reality in all such design. That's why you'll not as much especially in this industry do not convert over and earn the mobile friendly tag on google.

Colors are company colors not going to change after 2 decades.

To be honest the less you write the better. Besides, people don't read things through as much as you believe. I even had a PDF 3 step instruction on how to prepare and send applications and I still had to walk clients through it. because they didn't want to read it.

Actually old school is coming in as you can see the new google phones and android screens as well as the iphone ios 8 and up screen everything is going flat, simple, uncluttered and square. We try to follow that model not much 3D and pop. just flat and clean.

Most of my regular clients were consulted in the design and most like it cause it wasn't busy. Easy to navigate.

Its designed for function over beauty life is full of choices. My nana said handsome is as handsome does. based on that I think the site is handsome. most important its fast.

Yes i know I should have charged more and made Proofs standard like other companies like VW. Most clients only as it in dispute situation which is rare and no one asked for it last year surprisingly.
so it slipped my mind.

Like I said I hope good things for you all on this site and success on your applications

and thanks for your comment kind wishes and kudos.

and to awsner another question on here when we will receive applications. anytime you are ready to send them.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
:eek: I like reading this forum))) Go on!

For the new Schedule A - if someone read the beginning of forum, I wrote there were changes in forms comparing to previous year although the date was 2012.
I had my heart stopped when I read someone used forms of november and they were old... Coz I dont remember when did I download mine. But finally I used new version. :)
But I hope the old version is fine too. Fingers crossed!

nursemich

Jun 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/08/10:app sent 09/16/10:CC charged 12/29/10:PER rcvd 02/03/11:2nd AOR 02/08/11:Med rqt with PRPF and PC 03/10/11:Medicals rcvd by VO
Passport Req..
04/07/11
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/11
LANDED..........
05/19/11 Canadian Citizen 07/16/15
To those who were there in CCP on Jan 4th, do you think cap was reached on that day? Based on your estimate did they received 5k applications already on the 4th? Does Jan 5th applicants still have chances? :'(

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015

Rob_TO said:
Every country has their pros and cons when it comes to parents immigration, and Canada is no different. Considering what parents get immediate access to upon becoming a PR, Canada is actually one of the more generous countries when it comes to parents PR. A similar wealthy country like Australia, has up to 20-30 year wait times for parents immigration.

If the PGP program is totally scrapped, nothing will change with Canadian immigration and people will still apply in great numbers to come here. There was certainly no reduction in applications when the PGP program was halted for several years recently and nobody knew when it would open again.

And many many parents have very little in their home country and certainly don't come here with any great wealth. And even if they come with money, this does little to offset the costs to taxpayers that the parents will use in healthcare and social services, which increase as one gets older.

You can be sure there have been studies on every immigration program out there, and what the costs/opportunities are. If parents immigration represented a net positive to the economy then it would not be capped or have long wait times, and Canada (and other countries) would simply allow as many parents as possible (if you think they are acll wealthy). However it is not a positive to the economy, it's a negative. Overall the costs are more than what the parents contribute back in taxes financially. So as you can see in most countries out there, quotas for parents are capped and processing times can be long.

It is a compassionate program that not all countries offer, and needs to be carefully tracked in terms of visa issued per year.
My message was it is not 100% compassionate program. There are economic sense associated with this. PGP program stops sending money, increase chance of getting one time money, motivates immigrants to earn more, and makes the overall immigration program appealing to skill workers. It is not that lopsided negative one that many want to depict.

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015

Seriously. a-z sort. how is that possible when every applications are addressed to 2 CPC robert speck and alot of people don't even put a return address on it. so they open every package to see the name put it in order or the they use x ray scanners to look through the envelope to see the name. really how do you come up with this stuff.

M

mikeymyke

Rob_TO said:
To add to that, residents of Australia have a couple main options to bring their parents over, and neither of them are close to how generous Canada's parent sponsorship is. One is the parents have to meet a "balance-of-family" test, where at least half of their children have to be living in Australia to qualify. Even if that happens, they have to wait 20-30 years to come over. The other option is they can have faster processing, but the visa processing fee is almost $5000, plus sponsors are required to pay a "bond" of $10,000 Australian dollars which will be returned to them after 10 years of not receiving government assistance

talespin

Jan 4, 2016

Century said:
My message was it is not 100% compassionate program. There are economic sense associated with this. PGP program stops sending money, increase chance of getting one time money, motivates immigrants to earn more, and makes the overall immigration program appealing to skill workers. It is not that lopsided negative one that many want to depict.
From a pure economic perspective, there is no sense in this program. What you are saying is what the feel gooders like to say about such things. On the whole, this program does not bring a net positive economic gain to the country. That is a fact. That being said, family reunification has social benefits which must be carefully balanced against the economic costs. It is for this reason that countries including ours either have caps to restrict the inflow of entries or have enormously large wait times on such programs. If you make it, count yourself lucky but know that on an aggregate basis all the sponsored parents who would relocate here wouldn't bring any net economic benefit to this country.

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
MMCS said:

Seriously. a-z sort. how is that possible when every applications are addressed to 2 CPC robert speck and alot of people don't even put a return address on it. so they open every package to see the name put it in order or the they use x ray scanners to look through the envelope to see the name. really how do you come up with this stuff.
They open them of course, log them in. They have more. Than 5000. So the first 5000 they separate alphabetically and start to check signature to be original all form there, financial information of sponsor. After they put through payment. If payment ok they set aside to be forwarded to visa office etc etc. last year around 1000-1500 applications were not complete/missing info,payment or income information so even application from next day was processed.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014

Of course this program will cost money. But this is not a compassionate program.

Suppose you are the owner of a company you offer good benefits program to employees. Do you consider those as compassionate programs? Of course not. That's just the price to pay to attract the best employees.

talespin said:
From a pure economic perspective, there is no sense in this program. What you are saying is what the feel gooders like to say about such things. On the whole, this program does not bring a net positive economic gain to the country. That is a fact. That being said, family reunification has social benefits which must be carefully balanced against the economic costs. It is for this reason that countries including ours either have caps to restrict the inflow of entries or have enormously large wait times on such programs. If you make it, count yourself lucky but know that on an aggregate basis all the sponsored parents who would relocate here wouldn't bring any net economic benefit to this country.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014

mikeymyke said:
To add to that, residents of Australia have a couple main options to bring their parents over, and neither of them are close to how generous Canada's parent sponsorship is. One is the parents have to meet a "balance-of-family" test, where at least half of their children have to be living in Australia to qualify. Even if that happens, they have to wait 20-30 years to come over. The other option is they can have faster processing, but the visa processing fee is almost $5000, plus sponsors are required to pay a "bond" of $10,000 Australian dollars which will be returned to them after 10 years of not receiving government assistance
So what? This just means Australia earn less points on this front when potential immigrants are evaluating their options. Don't forget when govts evaluates candidats, the candidates are also evaluating countries. Just like the job market.