First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
kilamans said:
Hi, to people who have used the old format form IMM5669E; as in CIC website it says "Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 795.96 KB) December 2012"; was worried that even I did not notice this change inspite of downloading it, I called CIC call center after reading this info in this forum, and they said as long as no new information is captured, date is not modified so no issues. I just wanted to share this in this forum.

Now SMEs here, please share your comments about this, lets leave it to our fate/destiny!!! :( :)
thank you so much for info, since date wasn't changed I used my last year form

pektusin

Nov 21, 2015
MMCS said:
sponsorship is a privledge not a right.
Agreed. However, this privilege has to be implemented in a fair way. No lottery or rat race with couriers!
It has to be a queue like in old good/bad days and 5000 or whatever cap per year. Are you ready to sponsor? Submit your app and wait. You know your number in the queue, you can count when it comes to you. So you can plan accordingly.

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
pektusin said:
Agreed. However, this privilege has to be implemented in a fair way. No lottery or rat race with couriers!
It has to be a queue like in old good/bad days and 5000 or whatever cap per year. Are you ready to sponsor? Submit your app and wait. You know your number in the queue, you can count when it comes to you. So you can plan accordingly.
Lets start with Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request. What information you want to be included in request:

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
pektusin said:
This sounds fair to me too. The current system is ridiculous.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
pektusin said:
It has to be a queue like in old good/bad days
In the good old days every application was accepted all year round. no one was refused BUT the processing time was very very long.

Personally I think everyone's application should be accepted. But I know people here will begin to grumble about the costs of elderly parents and how much they cost Canadian taxpayers etc......

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a little stress and at the same time laughing with the posts here. But, hey guys, all we can do is hope for the best with our application.

What I am doing now is check my CC online for CIC charge lol.

Chill everyone! ;D

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
soonihope said:
In the good old days every application was accepted all year round. no one was refused BUT the processing time was very very long.

Personally I think everyone's application should be accepted. But I know people here will begin to grumble about the costs of elderly parents and how much they cost Canadian taxpayers etc......
I'm not concerned so much about elderly parents and burden on tax payers, since we are obligated to take care of our parents for 20 years once they are here. I'm more concerned about CIC's capacity to process the applications if they just accepted every application. That's what led to the huge backlog and ridiculous wait times that we currently have to deal with. I don't know what the solution would be, but accepting everyone's application would be going back to square one (in my opinion).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MissFrowz said:
I'm not concerned so much about elderly parents and burden on tax payers, since we are obligated to take care of our parents for 20 years once they are here. I'm more concerned about CIC's capacity to process the applications if they just accepted every application. That's what led to the huge backlog and ridiculous wait times that we currently have to deal with. I don't know what the solution would be, but accepting everyone's application would be going back to square one (in my opinion).
There is a difference between being financially responsible for your parents for 20 years and your parents being on canada health care on taxpayers dime. They are not the same.

I would accept your argument if you pay for your parents medical cost like cancer treatment for next 20 years instead of taxpayers paying for it.

The financial responsibility basically cover social assistance (welfare) of your parents. Nothing more. No difference from spousal responsibility for 3 years.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
MissFrowz said:
There is nothing wrong to either go back to square one or keeping the current cap system, as long as the govt does not change policy suddenly, like the Conservatives.

If the policy is stable, whoever considering immigrating to Canada would take the long queue or annual cap into consideration. Those who cannot tolerate the long queue or the cap will not decide to move to Canada. So in the long run, the number of PGP applicants will decrease just like everything will balance itself lol.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
screech339 said:
There is a difference between being financially responsible for your parents for 20 years and your parents being on canada health care on taxpayers dime. They are not the same.

I would accept your argument if you pay for your parents medical cost like cancer treatment for next 20 years instead of taxpayers paying for it.
The govt runs the PGP program to attract potential economic immigrants. So don't be too fixated on the health care cost. It's the price to pay to attract immigrants. Otherwise who will come to Canada.

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
hoveran said:
The govt runs the PGP program to attract potential economic immigrants. So don't be too fixated on the health care cost. It's the price to pay to attract immigrants. Otherwise who will come to Canada.
Cannot agree more with you :)

wec080

Jan 29, 2015
Can anyone tell me why in the US citizen can get their parents green card within 6 months? Why don't they have a backlog or processing time of 5 years? They don't have public health care, but anyone over 65 gets medicare, which most of the parents qualify right away. Isn't Canada supposed to have a better system?

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
wec080 said:
Can anyone tell me why in the US citizen can get their parents green card within 6 months? Why don't they have a backlog or processing time of 5 years? They don't have public health care, but anyone over 65 gets medicare, which most of the parents qualify right away. Isn't Canada supposed to have a better system?
Excellent question!
I guess it takes so long to get a green card, it makes up for the extra time for family to be brought over? hahaha... ha... :(

NikkiMontalvo

Jan 6, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pektusin said:
Hello! I called Immigration Canada and asked them about the date stamping and how they will differentiate between the 1st and 100000st application received. I told them that the courriers said no time stamps. He said we have our system and the courriers don't see what happens behind doors. 1st application is for sure being seen first.

Quoi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4th, 2016
NikkiMontalvo said:
1st application is for sure being seen first.
Thanks for calling.
I wonder how they keep track without delivery people to notice some kind of system... hmm..