+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline from Decision Made

debbiewy

Nov 21, 2013
Hi,
My PR renewal application status finally changed to Decision Made sometime over the last few weeks (December 2014).
Generally how long does it take to:
1. Receive confirmation letter whether my renewal is approved or rejected? Will I be notified by mail?
2. Receive renewed PR card in the mail?

Will renewed PR card be sent by mail since I submitted a Canadian address?
Under what reasons will they request someone to pick up the card in person instead?
If I have to pick up in person and I can't make it to a CIC office within 180 days, can I request for a later date? or will they destroy my card regardless and I will have to reapply?

And is there anyway to contact the CIC from overseas? I live abroad with a Canadian citizen husband.

Thanks for your help.
D.

Outlook2009

Dec 29, 2014
Hi debbiewy,

Do you mind to share your timeline before getting DM? I applied in July, but haven't seen any processing status online.
Thanks a lot.

O

debbiewy

Nov 21, 2013
My PR card expired in Sept 2014.
I applied to renew in April 2014. Online status says they started processing in May and they asked for more documentation which I provided immediately.
Status changed from In Process to Decision Made in December 2014.
I visited Canada in August 2014 and rang CIC. They said the expected processing time for my application was not exceeded until Sept 2014, so she could not tell me the status of my application at the time of my phone call.

So now I'm waiting for some sort of correspondence to confirm their decision.
Hopefully my renewal is approved and they will simply mail my card to my Canadian mailing address.