18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
arjun29 said:
Yes if you really want to do mandamus it can definitely help you and 2 be honest I have just met with a lawyer the other day and he said if your file is above processing times you have a right to do so!! Why dnt u contact a lawyer or tell me which part of the city u live in maybe I can refer u 2 one...plus there are quiet a bit of gud lawyers but all of them are after money :( and they want to get max money out of u but ya it is done in 6-8 months why dnt u pm me and I'll reply thanks
@
Arjun29,
Itry to understand the bref of mandamus, here is what I could find, as I shared my concern with you, please try also to determine if really in my case it may help.''What mandamus? .........
A writ of mandamus or simply mandamus, which means "Order" in Latin, is the name of one of the prerogative writs in the common law, and is issued by a superior court to compel a lower court or an officer of government to perform mandatory or purely ministerial duties correctly the ..........

Mandamus is a judicial remedy which is in the form of an order of a superior court to any government subordinate court, corporation or public authority to do or refrain from doing a specific act which that body is obliged under law to do or refrain from doing, as the case may be, and is in the nature of the public service and in some cases a legal obligation. It can not be issued to compel an authority to do something against statutory provision ......

The applicant argues for a writ of mandamus to be enforced must demonstrate that he / she has the legal right to compel the defendant to do or refrain from doing a specific act. The duty sought to be enforced must have two qualities: .....

1. There must be an obligation of a public nature, and .....

2. The duty must be imperative and should not be discretionary ......

For the court to issue a writ of mandamus a number of conditions must be met ........
(1) There must be a legal obligation to act in public ......

(2) The obligation must be owed to the plaintiff .....

(3) There is a clear right to carry out this duty, in particular: ....

(A) the applicant has complied with all conditions precedent giving rise to the obligation; .......

(B) there was .......

(I) a request for enforcement of the obligation, (ii) a reasonable time to comply with the request, unless flatly refused, and .......

(Iii) the subsequent refusal can be either explicit or implicit, for example, unreasonable delay ......

(4) No other adequate remedy is available to the applicant ......

(5) The order sought will be of some practical value or effect.

(6) The Court, in the exercise of discretion finds no equitable bar to the relief sought ......

(7) On the "balance of convenience" an order in the nature of mandamus should be made.

When considering whether to apply for a mandamus, the lawyer must refer to the processing time stated on the CIC website late. Unreasonably can not be determined with respect to the average processing time.
In his submissions, counsel should focus on processing times and how long the treatment in question exceeded the average, that the applicant has to ensure that his / her application is complete and well documented and the reasons why the applicant believes that the explanation of an officer for the delay is not satisfactory.

In this regard, the courts have refused to accept ministerial delays or lack of staff that rational explanations, and they tend to turn to the system as a whole. Instead, each case is assessed on its own facts. The question often arises whether a background or security check is an explanation for the delay.
As with other arms of the trial, it is a decision that can be made with reference to the particular facts of the case. The lawyer must adapt the arguments of the facts of the case at hand, with particular attention to what the applicant has to move along its case, and that the defendant does not have to fulfill their duty to .

No other remedy is available to the applicant ....

In the immigration context, this part of the test is easily met - an immigration / visa is the only person able to grant the relief the applicant seeks - namely, the issuance of a visa or other immigration document.

The order sought will be some practical value or effect

Again, this is rarely a problem in an application for mandamus in the context of immigration. In general, given that the order will force''

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
@
Arjun29,
Itry to understand the bref of mandamus, here is what I could find, as I shared my concern with you, please try also to determine if really in my case it may help.''What mandamus? .........
A writ of mandamus or simply mandamus, which means "Order" in Latin, is the name of one of the prerogative writs in the common law, and is issued by a superior court to compel a lower court or an officer of government to perform mandatory or purely ministerial duties correctly the ..........

Mandamus is a judicial remedy which is in the form of an order of a superior court to any government subordinate court, corporation or public authority to do or refrain from doing a specific act which that body is obliged under law to do or refrain from doing, as the case may be, and is in the nature of the public service and in some cases a legal obligation. It can not be issued to compel an authority to do something against statutory provision ......

The applicant argues for a writ of mandamus to be enforced must demonstrate that he / she has the legal right to compel the defendant to do or refrain from doing a specific act. The duty sought to be enforced must have two qualities: .....

1. There must be an obligation of a public nature, and .....

2. The duty must be imperative and should not be discretionary ......

For the court to issue a writ of mandamus a number of conditions must be met ........
(1) There must be a legal obligation to act in public ......

(2) The obligation must be owed to the plaintiff .....

(3) There is a clear right to carry out this duty, in particular: ....

(A) the applicant has complied with all conditions precedent giving rise to the obligation; .......

(B) there was .......

(I) a request for enforcement of the obligation, (ii) a reasonable time to comply with the request, unless flatly refused, and .......

(Iii) the subsequent refusal can be either explicit or implicit, for example, unreasonable delay ......

(4) No other adequate remedy is available to the applicant ......

(5) The order sought will be of some practical value or effect.

(6) The Court, in the exercise of discretion finds no equitable bar to the relief sought ......

(7) On the "balance of convenience" an order in the nature of mandamus should be made.

When considering whether to apply for a mandamus, the lawyer must refer to the processing time stated on the CIC website late. Unreasonably can not be determined with respect to the average processing time.
In his submissions, counsel should focus on processing times and how long the treatment in question exceeded the average, that the applicant has to ensure that his / her application is complete and well documented and the reasons why the applicant believes that the explanation of an officer for the delay is not satisfactory.

In this regard, the courts have refused to accept ministerial delays or lack of staff that rational explanations, and they tend to turn to the system as a whole. Instead, each case is assessed on its own facts. The question often arises whether a background or security check is an explanation for the delay.
As with other arms of the trial, it is a decision that can be made with reference to the particular facts of the case. The lawyer must adapt the arguments of the facts of the case at hand, with particular attention to what the applicant has to move along its case, and that the defendant does not have to fulfill their duty to .

No other remedy is available to the applicant ....

In the immigration context, this part of the test is easily met - an immigration / visa is the only person able to grant the relief the applicant seeks - namely, the issuance of a visa or other immigration document.

The order sought will be some practical value or effect

Again, this is rarely a problem in an application for mandamus in the context of immigration. In general, given that the order will force''
To be really honest you shld talk to a lawyer maybe the one I told you about check your inbox maybe he will be able to help

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
arjun29 said:
To be really honest you shld talk to a lawyer maybe the one I told you about check your inbox maybe he will be able to help
Yes I see it, and thank you so much. I will contact him by Monday then I can take appointment with him. I will still back top you to let you know the rest.

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Hi Guys,

Why is it so quiet in this treat now, no news? nothing to share? you guys who file have been transferred form Vegreville to Edmonton for more than 23 months, you didn't get any news or update so far?
good luck and wish you the best.

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Hey friends, I need some advices,

I did apply for spousal sponsorship inland, but I didn't include a copy of valid passport, as well as the police clearance certificate for my depends children out land,since my file was transferred to Edmonton office, I wonder if I request these documents back home, it may be helpful, or just to wait until they call us for interview, please I need your help.....

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
I got an invitation letter from CIC Edmonton last Monday July 8/2013 for an interview, you may remember my last post, my post was transferred to Edmonton Local office from Vegreville, because the IO said that I did not declared one of my son on my initial application before I landed,(Which was wrong) as I'm sponsoring now my husband, due to this red flag, my file was then transferred here in Edmonton since November 2012. My husband and I requested the foss notes, and we found the only reason for transfer was that. Then we did write a letter, with all proof since February, by the last Monday July 8/2013 I received an invitation letter from CIC , they want my husband and I for interview on July 18/2013. Any advices, suggestions please, feel free.....

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
On my invitation letter for Interview, the IO didn't ask any document to bring or to proof, she/he just said you spouse has to accompany you. What this sign mean? In the FOSS NOTE, the reason for transfer was, I did not declare my one of my son who still out of Canada on my previous application, and he said as conclusion possible misrepresentation, so my husband file was transferred since November 2012. Now we got a date for Interview, in the boxes of requested documents of the invitation letter, it is not mentioned nothing no thing, bring, no document requested to bring, ANY IDEA, ADVICES, SUGGESTIONS, JUST IN CASE TO BE PREPARED PLEASE....

Hilo

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Mar 14/2013, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?

Hilo

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
CIC2013 said:
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Maech21/2012, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Hilo said:
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Mar 14/2013, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?
In our case, we waited 24 months before cic edmonton opened our file again. 24 months is their processing time.

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
hi there, I applied as protected person for permanent resident. during the process i changed my marital status from common law partner to married. once i did this my file was transferred to edmonton cic office. I was approved in principle.. i received a letter where it says that i met the requirements to apply for permanent resident. my wife also received a letter where the office overseas asked her for the forms for permanent resident, everything was good until i did send our marriage certificate. i called to Vegreville they said i have to wait 24 stupid months when i have been waiting 17 months already.

I am not sure if you get the approval in principle the process is gonna be faster or what is gonna happen? they already received my medicals. everything was setting up to finish the process.

Guarona

Feb 5, 2014
Any updates on what the processing times are for files transferred to Edmonton?

Latest update in this post mentions 24 months, but timeframes may have changed now. Does anybody have recent experience with this?

Hilo

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Does anybody get appointment letter from CiC Edmonton where application transfer to the local office and does the timeline change from 24 months??? :(

Hilo

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Guarona said:
Any updates on what the processing times are for files transferred to Edmonton?

Latest update in this post mentions 24 months, but timeframes may have changed now. Does anybody have recent experience with this?
did you get your GCMS yet

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
hello guys! because of backlogs... I doubt it if the processing time in Edmonton office will change... I asked this in 2011 and the one who answered me before said she waited for 24 months... and unfortunately I did too... What I suggest you to do is gather all evidences that you can think of that will support your application...

I started sending stuff to Edmonton office the very next month I learned that my file was transferred. And I did this for a year and 3 months...

I know it sucks! :(