+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for spousal sponsorship in CIC Edmonton

CIC2013

Dec 23, 2012
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Maech21/2012, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?

Kev1n

Nov 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014
AOR Received.
01/08/2014
File Transfer...
01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
CIC2013 said:
I was sponsored by my wife in Canada, both we live in Edmonton, CIC Vegreville received the application in Maech21/2012, after 9 months, CIC-Vegreville transferred the case to Edmonton Office without any decicion. My question is, Has anyone know how long this may take to get approved from the Edmonton office?
I would think their is someone here that can answer this question for you, although the thread is quiet at the moment.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
CIC2013 said:

You won't believe IT BUT IT IS 24 MONTHS! you can read my old posts. our file was transferred to EDM. in Oct. 2011.

Still waiting...

Order your foss notes... this can help you know what's going on... foss notes are IO's comments or concerns on your file. From that, you can send a letter or answers to IO's concerns...

Like for us, when we ordered our foss notes, it says there, age difference, , is it a bonafide relationship... etc... etc...

So we sent them a letter answering all the concerns, then from Oct. 2011 to Sept. 2012 (2nd year wedding anniversary) we sent them more pictures, facebook pages, copy of cards from friends and family. etc...etc.... name it we sent it! lol

I'll probably send them new proofs and evidences in January :)

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
first of all welcome aboard.............you are in Que and the Que is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long,sorry for the bad news but its true... 24 months before they touch your file,unless you or your sponserd person have criminality you will be hearing from them very soon maybe in month or so from the CBSA with deportation order....but if not then wait 24 months,as me and Charmaine are waiting for more than 2 years now.......call center is useless.....they cant help you......your local mp cant help you,they will give you response that the file is transferred because they need an interview but the processing time at cic Edmonton is 24 months after the file is transferred. so basically 9 months(That u waited) + 2 years more, Nothing can be done or would be done by them no matter what u do, unless you file an mandamus case in the federal court and if u win(FYI any lawyer will not charge less than 4k )then within 4 months of the court case your file will be assessed,that is the only option u have...... sorry to give you all the news but trust me i am just venting cause we filed in starting of 2011 and now in 3 days is 2013 so 2 years gone.....

but ya the best option is order foss notes...it will tell you exactly why they transferred and it will help u a lot in the interview......rest is the waiting game and fyi if your sponserd person does not have a work permit from before he cant work either till AIP is granted and if he does and get caught he will become inadmissible and then and CBSA will start his deportation process even if sponsorship case is in process .............so make the proper decision

TC and god bless

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Hi! Every one,

I have some concerns about the file transferred from Vegreville to Edmonton. I was told by call center that my file spousal sponsorship inland case or file was transferred to local Edmonton office, but when I check online, it says and showed only: File received on 12 March 2012? Why it don't say in process even the file was already transferred two months ago?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Hi! Every one,

I have some concerns about the file transferred from Vegreville to Edmonton. I was told by call center that my file spousal sponsorship inland case or file was transferred to local Edmonton office, but when I check online, it says and showed only: File received on 12 March 2012? Why it don't say in process even the file was already transferred two months ago?
Did u receive a letter saying that ur file has been transferred? Have u ordered ur foss notes? Don't rely on ecas. It's not reliable. Even the call centre agents. U r lucky if someone from there will give u a good answer.

Do u have any idea why ur file was transferred!? If yes, make sure that gather all evidences as in everything. And ready urself for more waiting. 24 months is their processing time in cic edm.

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Thank u Chairnainefrance, I never received any letter from CIC, we did call my husband and I as the 6 months processing actual time for the first stape was over, and we have been told that the file was transferered to Edmonton cic. One month before, I got a privat call a sunday from some body asking me many question about my sponsorship, he then asked me why I didn'n includ my youngest son who still outland in my spouse sponsorishp? Then I told this privat agent that I was not confortable to answer these kind of question from a privat call, an anonyme person on sunday, If you like send me a letter for me to be sure that I was speaking with a real and correct immigration agent. From there 4 weeks after we have been told that the file was transferred to edmonton, no idea why/.....

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Thank u Chairnainefrance, I never received any letter from CIC, we did call my husband and I as the 6 months processing actual time for the first stape was over, and we have been told that the file was transferered to Edmonton cic. One month before, I got a privat call a sunday from some body asking me many question about my sponsorship, he then asked me why I didn'n includ my youngest son who still outland in my spouse sponsorishp? Then I told this privat agent that I was not confortable to answer these kind of question from a privat call, an anonyme person on sunday, If you like send me a letter for me to be sure that I was speaking with a real and correct immigration agent. From there 4 weeks after we have been told that the file was transferred to edmonton, no idea why/.....
Omg! I think that was an immigration officer. They usually phone on a weekend using a private #. As for me, nobody phoned us but we received a letter. Both of us. Saying that our file was transferred. Then after that we ordered foss notes. There we learned that an io is questioning why we ont have many pictures together. Then we answered through letter saying " we were taking pictures of each other" it was obviously at the same place and same weather. And then we saud we dont have a tripod duh! So we sent many as in many pictures of us together. We purchased a tripod lol. We sent pictures too with our friends. Then io also qeustioned if the relationship is bonafide and our age difference too. We answered that as well. Io also questioned me if i am truly not married to the father of my son so we sent proof that i was never married.

We started sending them proofs and evidences Nov. 2011. One month after ourr file was transferred until Sept 2012. Our 2nd wedding anniversary. Then we stopped sending them cause sometimes its tiring too. Maybe next month we will send an update. :)

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Hi! Chai.., I did order the Foss note since last week, I will wish to know realy the reason, In my case I'm much conrtable about my relationship with my husband we have been maried since over twenty five years now, the best thing for me is to wait and get knowlegde of what is said in Foss notes then I will share with you guys.

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Hi! Chai.., I did order the Foss note since last week, I will wish to know realy the reason, In my case I'm much conrtable about my relationship with my husband we have been maried since over twenty five years now, the best thing for me is to wait and get knowlegde of what is said in Foss notes then I will share with you guys.
You should have been very nice to him and answered all the question if u would have done that your file would not been transferred for sure...
you are lucky enough to get a call people hope to get a call................he just had doubts about your dependent ...if u did answer him and satisfied him with his concerns you would probably had AIP by now...and ya Charmaine is rite they do call over the weekend from a private no.......but now i guess you will have to wait like we been doing ........

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Ur right Arjun,

it is exacte, the same think my husband told me what you said. But................!!!????... From these suggestion it leads me to another under question: Is it my guinine realtionship with my husband which has to be prooved in this class(spousal sponsorhip), or the gunine realtionship of my dependents outland toward my husband which is important to be aprooved. In my thinking and according the law, my relationship with my husband is the most only important, because the one who is sponsoring is me as wife sponsoring her husband. I worry only about the waiting time now, but I don't worry about any relationship doubt of dependents or about my relationship with my husband, we have been maried over 25 five years,( 6 children, unfortunatly one passed away outland in 2003), and when he(my husband) first entered in Canada, I was and I still with all same dependents in his Canadian Immigration file, when I did enetered too in Canada a year after, my file had and still has the same dependents whom two of them are here in Canada as Canadian ctizen......???.....

arjun29

Star Member
May 3, 2012
ALBERTA
Visa Office......
Vegreville
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Ur right Arjun,

it is exacte, the same think my husband told me what you said. But................!!!????... From these suggestion it leads me to another under question: Is it my guinine realtionship with my husband which has to be prooved in this class(spousal sponsorhip), or the gunine realtionship of my dependents outland toward my husband which is important to be aprooved. In my thinking and according the law, my relationship with my husband is the most only important, because the one who is sponsoring is me as wife sponsoring her husband. I worry only about the waiting time now, but I don't worry about any relationship doubt of dependents or about my relationship with my husband, we have been maried over 25 five years,( 6 children, unfortunatly one passed away outland in 2003), and when he(my husband) first entered in Canada, I was and I still with all same dependents in his Canadian Immigration file, when I did enetered too in Canada a year after, my file had and still has the same dependents whom two of them are here in Canada as Canadian ctizen......???.....
i tottaly get what u are saying..........but the thing is even if they have any doubts even the silliest questions and if they think something is fishy they do not look into the case further as they have 2 much work load so what they do is they transfer the file to local office so they can look under the case more....whatever issues they have they review in detail..........maybe the io thought something different but to u its just a simple question so they transferred the file........but in your case he just called u which shld have been the best news for you cause then you wont have to wait 2 years just to get a review..........it does not matter if its relevant issue to your file any red flag they get they make a issue out of it.........ill give you an example there is one lady here her file was transferred to local office just because her name and dob was matching to a criminal and she dint send pcc ..........after the life transfer she ordered foss and sent in finger prints pcc and guess what her file was sent back and was given AIP...... one guy file transferred cause his uncle was a failed refugee claimant.......so anything they find at cpc veg they transfer to local office.our bad luck is our local office Edmonton takes 24 months to process which is ridiculous but we cant do anything.....other offices like Hamilton ,etobicko , Regina takes anywhere from 3-6 even Vancouver takes 8 months Calgary takes 16 months i duuno why Edmonton is the longest wait 24 months......but now your waiting game starts....i would suggest u order your foss notes it takes 30 days to come in and see what the issue is there as u will need to address those things..

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Ur right Arjun,

arjun is right about this... It is not only the relationship with ur husband is important. Dependents are important too..

I'll give you an example as well... and this is based on my experience. When I applied for a visa to come here in Canada as a worker, ofcourse I filled up the forms.. Even if I was single that time, I put my son's name as my dependent. This was in 2009.

so lo and behold, after the transfer of our file and ordered foss notes, I learned that the IO in Vegreville, is questioning WHY I DID NOT DECLARE my son when I applied for a visa to come to Canada.

So I immediately sent them a letter saying that this is not true and I have a proof. I still have the forms I filled out in 2009.

I don't know if they are only making this up because I married a Canadian and I am from a third world country. which is BS!!!! lol

what I'm trying to point out is that, they will really dig in to your file... family, dependents etc. etc. smallest things they will make it BIG!

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
Thank u soooooooo much, It up to them, if they want they have to do what they like, they can dig, do what they need, my family will stay the authenticaly same, We dn't have choice. I did order the Foss note, I'm waitting to see what and why they did transfer my file. Once I will have an idea then I will decide what to do, even to do an amandmus file in federal court, I will, I have all evidences that what is in our sponsorship is right, genuine and authentic.

SEPTSIXHUIT

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
EDMONTON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 21/2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
AIP 22 JULY 2013
AOR Received.
07 JUNE 2012
File Transfer...
19 NOVEMBER 2012
Med's Request
22 JULY 2013
Med's Done....
09 AUGUST 2013
Interview........
18-07-2013
Passport Req..
09 AUGUST 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13 JAN 2014
LANDED..........
13 FEB 2014
SEPTSIXHUIT said:
Thank u soooooooo much, It up to them, if they want they have to do what they like, they can dig, do what they need, my family will stay the authenticaly same, We dn't have choice. I did order the Foss note, I'm waitting to see what and why they did transfer my file. Once I will have an idea then I will decide what to do, even to do an amandmus file in federal court, I will, I have all evidences that what is in our sponsorship is right, genuine and authentic.