+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for RTD applications - For urgent travel reasons

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I will start :

1- Sent a web form to IRCC explaining the reason for travel, estimated date of travel and supporting documents.
2- in two business days I got an email from IRCC advising that they have forwarded the request to the responsible office and that I should get an invitation to submit my application via Canada Post's epost Connect™ in 5 business days.
3 - I received the epost message; and they asked to upload all my documents via the website (you can upload up to 1GB). Here is a copy of the requested documents

I got my guarantor to sign the application, photo and then took photos of everything by my phone since I don't have scanner and uploaded everything by replying to the same message.

I paid the fees online ($120), and I don't have a valid RTD so I didn't mail anything.

4 - I'm not sure if they will contact me if they approved my file/uploads or if they start processing my application. I will update this thread of any changes, fingers crossed!
Hello , you scanned the photos or you submit degital photo ? Thank you

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Hi,
I submitted my application on 3 June 2021. I sent my old RTD as well along with my application through epost. I called the IRCC today they told me that the RTD office is waiting for your old RTD.
I sent the Canada post tracking number with my application, not sure why they couldn’t receive my old RTD. How long does it take to process RTD these days? Please share your experience.
Thanks,
Hi Keliwal,

Did you suceede with the renewal of your RTD and if so, was it a long wait? Also, did you request them to return your old RTD

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
My RTD has been mailed to me today through xpress post which takes 1 to 3 business days.

TImeline:
Applied Nov 28 2021
Marked as urgent the following week in December 2021
Travel dates were 2nd January 2022 which they did not send the RTD
Travel dates updated to 31st January and marked as Urgent again on 11th January 2022
Received an email today that RTD has been mailed and provided a tracking number as well.
did you submit twice?

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Hello guys, urgent question. Can one re-apply and send new application for RTD if the old application is taking too long and not in IRCC system? Please kindly let me know. Have been waiting for too long. Thanks guys