+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TIMELINE FOR GROUP OF FIVE SPONSORSHIP

mharia milani

May 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

Any one of you know the timeline for processing to sponsor a refugee when outside Canada? (1) (2)yrs???and also is it possible to travel to Canada as tourist first while processing group of five sponsor?If yes is it enough to travel using refugee travel document or will be required to get eta?temporary visitor visa?or>>>>?Thanks

appreciate your response..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
2+ years. There is a backlog of applications. If the family qualifies for G5 sponsorship if is highly unlikely that they qualify for a TRV. An RTD is used for protected people already in Canada and who have already had their hearing. The family will have to remain in whatever country they are currently living in.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hello everyone,

Any one of you know the timeline for processing to sponsor a refugee when outside Canada? (1) (2)yrs???and also is it possible to travel to Canada as tourist first while processing group of five sponsor?If yes is it enough to travel using refugee travel document or will be required to get eta?temporary visitor visa?or>>>>?Thanks

appreciate your response..
The processing time within Canada is about 5 months ( in my case ) before the file gets transferred to Canadian embassy overseas. Then the embassy processing time depends on the location.

Mahadi24

Mar 30, 2019
Hello, i was applying group of five sponsership and my application received after few days but not yet Approved almost 4 month and 15 days now? Is that normal? Online states said on process, Can anyone tell me Average of processing time for first stage approval?

SouthForeigner

Jul 12, 2019
Hello guys, the application depends: where you are based, your story( Normal cese or Emergency case), how many you are in the family.... I know someone that took him 6months.. it was very quick

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is not always quick. It could take a couple of years. All depends on what stage of the process you are at. There is a relatively small yearly quota for private sponsorships.

Jul 19, 2019
W
Hello, i was applying group of five sponsership and my application received after few days but not yet Approved almost 4 month and 15 days now? Is that normal? Online states said on process, Can anyone tell me Average of processing time for first stage approval?
Where are you applying from??? It depends sometimes???