Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Guys,

I got ITA and filling the application form.There is a question that asks if any of my visa was ever refused to any country or not.

I had applied UK in 2007 for student visa and got refused.do i need to answer YES for that question?i dont have the refusal letter.and the refusal seal was in my previous passport,not in current one.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
justpat07 said:
Hi anyone

I have some question.

Can you please help me to convert my IELTS score into CLB score. I would like to apply in MPNP 2015

IELTS CLB

Listening score: 5.5
Reading score: 4.5
Writing score: 5.0
Speaking score: 6.5

I have no idea how to convert it. I hope you can help me and what will be my Input language test score (CLB): 5?

TIA
Google.

It brought me here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

Then:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-tool.asp

Use both tools to find what you need.

lexis

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2014
Nomination.....
August 30, 2014
AOR Received.
April 17 - XEP & May 7 - EP and UCI
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
May 22, 2015
Med's Done....
May 30, 2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
July 22, 2015
usually po whats the procedure pag magpatransfer from ADVO to CEM., my contract will end in September 3 here in auh and I do not intend to renew. My status in ECAS is Medical Received last June 3, processing has stopped when Ramadan started. Do you think I can request na po ngayon to transfer? or i need to wait after i change address or after i reach phils po. Is it true that processing will take more time :) or is it wise to stay here as a visit vsa holder. ( as far as i know po they are not giving visa to those who are not residence( correct me f am wrong po).

need ur advises. salamat po

zldis

Jul 13, 2015
Hi everyone, just got our MR last Saturday :)

Couple of quick questions for anyone who got their medical exam done at St Lukes.

In the St Luke's online registration form, last section called Visa Application Information, we're confused about these things:

1. Category of Applicant: What did you type in as your answers for your own family members? For example, in our family, it's my mom who's the principal applicant, my dad and 2 younger sisters are dependents accompanying and me, required for a medical exam but not accompanying.* Do we put "Provincial Nominee" for my mom? What about my dad and my sisters? What about me?

2. Contact Person: Who should we write down? As this is for the Visa information, we thought it might be our relative who's sponsoring us in Canada. Are we correct? Or do we we put someone else in? How about you?

Maybe trivial questions but we're worried we might make a mistake and be turned away on the scheduled day and have to re-do again. Any help on what you guys wrote down yourselves for your own application would be very helpful.

* Another question regarding this. I'm not accompanying them to Canada so naturally I don't have the form IMM1017. They only sent one each for my mom, dad and 2 sisters. How does that work? So I only go there and? I don't need anything other than my id/birth cert? Sorry if this might seem like a simple question. But as this is our first time applying for anything to go abroad (we haven't gone outside of the country, ever), we have no idea what to do or expect and everyone in our family all had their children go with them to Canada so none of them knows too.

Luckily so far, our application has been fairly easy and fast. We submitted our application Jan 2014 and received our nomination from Manitoba last November, received the letter last week of January (snail mail is slow), passed our package to CIC last Feb 2015 and received our AOR last May. After 2 months, we received our MR. So we hope the last stages will go just as smoothly.

I'm planning to call St Luke's tomorrow morning to ask but thought there's no harm in asking here too.

Thanks to anyone who can answer!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zldis said:
* Another question regarding this. I'm not accompanying them to Canada so naturally I don't have the form IMM1017. They only sent one each for my mom, dad and 2 sisters. How does that work? So I only go there and? I don't need anything other than my id/birth cert? Sorry if this might seem like a simple question. But as this is our first time applying for anything to go abroad (we haven't gone outside of the country, ever), we have no idea what to do or expect and everyone in our family all had their children go with them to Canada so none of them knows too.
If you expect na me IMM1017 ka - and wala - ask your Mom (who is the PA) to clarify with CEM or your VO if you do not need a form and consequently to undergo a medical exam. As per below - you should still go through with a medical exam. Lahat ng applicants/dependents/spouse who are listed on the application will have their own numbered IMM1017 to be presented to the IME physician/clinic.

When you said "not accompanying then to Canada" - were you listed in the application as non-accompanying?
Careful - madami nagkakamali dito - ano ba pagkakaintindi mo dito? See below sa definitions ng CIC.

Accompanying family member
Related term: Accompanying dependant

A spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child (grandchild), who plans to immigrate to Canada with the principal applicant. Accompanying family members are included on the application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#a

Non-accompanying family members
Related term: Non-accompanying dependant

Family members who are dependent on the principal applicant but who are not immigrating to Canada. They include a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and the children of a dependent child.

These people must be listed on the principal applicant's application for permanent residence. They should have a medical exam so they can remain eligible for sponsorship at a later date.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#n

Note sa terms sa non-accompanying - "but who are NOT immigrating to Canada" as well as "so that they can remain eligible for sponsorship at a later date".

Refer to the earlier discussions:
Read first here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/timeline-for-filipinos-submitted-pnppr-applctions-at-cio-t93206.0.html;msg3394340#msg3394340
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/timeline-for-filipinos-submitted-pnppr-applctions-at-cio-t93206.0.html;msg3115948#msg3115948
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/timeline-for-filipinos-submitted-pnppr-applctions-at-cio-t93206.0.html;msg3115299#msg3115299

zldis

Jul 13, 2015
ragluf said:
If you expect na me IMM1017 ka - and wala - ask your Mom (who is the PA) to clarify with CEM or your VO if you do not need a form and consequently to undergo a medical exam. As per below - you should still go through with a medical exam. Lahat ng applicants/dependents/spouse who are listed on the application will have their own numbered IMM1017 to be presented to the IME physician/clinic.

When you said "not accompanying then to Canada" - were you listed in the application as non-accompanying?
Careful - madami nagkakamali dito - ano ba pagkakaintindi mo dito? See below sa definitions ng CIC.
Thanks for the swift reply!

I checked the links you provided. Thanks for the thorough explanation.

I belong sa latter category, non-accompanying. I'm a dependent child, hindi lang ako sasabay sa family ko this time. I'm planning on going there maybe 1 year or 2 years after with my own application. Right from the start, only 4 out of 5 members of our family were stated as going but I was always listed, just non-accompanying. I wasn't included in the payment for the RPRF etc. Pero we know that it does state that all family members even those na hindi sasama should get their med exam done so our budget for the med exam has always included me.

When we received the MR, we only got 4 forms, none for me. So as a non-accompanying dependent who was always listed in the applications right from the start, should I have also gotten my own IM1017? My understanding when my sister told me she only received 4 forms was that I didn't need one since I wasn't accompanying them and isn't applying for a visa. But that since the website said I needed to undergo a med exam too, I just needed to show up. But I wasn't sure so I was hoping maybe someone else had the same situation and could tell us what they did.

Is the only way to know to contact CEM or our VO? Which is the quickest way to get a response? Should I call tomorrow morning? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. My sister's pretty much stressed out since it's only the two of us handling the application papers.

Thanks ragluf. You've already helped a lot just with the links you gave.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zldis said:
I belong sa latter category, non-accompanying. I'm a dependent child, hindi lang ako sasabay sa family ko this time. I'm planning on going there maybe 1 year or 2 years after with my own application. Right from the start, only 4 out of 5 members of our family were stated as going but I was always listed, just non-accompanying. I wasn't included in the payment for the RPRF etc. Pero we know that it does state that all family members even those na hindi sasama should get their med exam done so our budget for the med exam has always included me.
Ok - that settles that - so maliwanag talaga on the outset, you will be going on your own application to immigrate. So just on that - see if:
1. you are still classified as a dependent child (as per the latest definitions of a dependent child - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-08-01.asp)
2. you will still be a dependent child by the time you apply later
3. or as you mentioned, you will apply on your own
#1 is to make sure what is your current status under the latest definitions of a dependent child)
#2 is only relevant if ang balak ng application mo will be under a federal family sponsorship application
#3 is relevant if you will apply separately (no federal family sponsorship - under different streams - such as PNP Family Streams etc.)
Just keep this in mind in your future plans.

On the main topic...
First - is Manila or CEM your visa office? Check with your mom (who is the PA). Second - is this a Provincial Nomination application or a Federal Family Sponsorship application?

When we received the MR, we only got 4 forms, none for me. So as a non-accompanying dependent who was always listed in the applications right from the start, should I have also gotten my own IM1017? My understanding when my sister told me she only received 4 forms was that I didn't need one since I wasn't accompanying them and isn't applying for a visa. But that since the website said I needed to undergo a med exam too, I just needed to show up. But I wasn't sure so I was hoping maybe someone else had the same situation and could tell us what they did.
Next - on contacting the VO - only the PA or the authorized representative will be responded to with communicating with the VO, so you need to go through your mom. Is your sister or you a designated/authorized representative?

CEM does not have a hotline anymore, so only a CSE, or an email with urgency is a recommended approach. If CEM is your VO (I am assuming) then:
1. CSE (Case Specific Enquiry): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/manila.asp
- use these link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=manila
2. General: MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
If not - see how to contact your VO via this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp

Now - ask your mom if she can reply back to the email addresses from where the forms were sent, but this time:
- on subject line - add URGENT: CLARIFICATION on MEDICAL INSTRUCTONS - Number of IME Forms
- on the body - ask for clarification on the number of expected IMM1017 forms that should be received - show them how many and for who the forms received are and ask if there should be a form for you. Specify all the names included in the application, and who has a form and who has none.
- explain one of the dependents (you) is non-accompanying and include the passages in the application guide as well as the link for the requirement for medical even for non-accompanying dependents. Refer to the application guides.
- ask if the medical examination is still a requirement for the non-accompanying dependent so as not to be disqualified from being sponsored in the future
and if you should be getting a form for the non-accompanying dependent

But that since the website said I needed to undergo a med exam too, I just needed to show up.
You have the specific link to the website where this is shown?

Remember - hindi masama humingi ng clarification o magtanong - lalo na kung maliwanag na me pagkukulang sa side ng VO. Ang diskarte dyan is ipapakita mo sa kanila galing ang pagkakamali. If CEM, medyo mas mabilis naman yan sumagot kapag claro ang hinihingi na kailangan at maliwanag ang hinihingi. In this case, inaalam ninyo kung tama ba o hindi na wala kang form. Hindi klaro, at baka mawala pa ang eligibility mo to be sponsored later dahil lang sa technicality or omission of facts.

zldis

Jul 13, 2015
ragluf said:
On the main topic...
First - is Manila or CEM your visa office? Check with your mom (who is the PA). Second - is this a Provincial Nomination application or a Federal Family Sponsorship application?

Next - on contacting the VO - only the PA or the authorized representative will be responded to with communicating with the VO, so you need to go through your mom. Is your sister or you a designated/authorized representative?
1. Fortunately, it's CEM.
2. My mom's a Provincial Nominee

So the fastest way is to email CEM via CSE?

It will be no problem contacting them via my mom's mail because it's my sister and I who manage the contact email for my mom. Unfortunately, the account is linked to her laptop for now so I'll just ask her when she wakes up later for the log in details. Like I said, even though my mom is the PA, it's my sister and I who manages all the forms and application papers.

Regarding that specific line you asked for a source, I think I wasn't clear so I'm sorry. I meant we saw on their website that non-accompanying dependents should still undergo the med exam. - So I assumed I should just show up even without the form.

My thought process
a. i'm a non-accompanying dependent
b. website says i should still undergo med exam even if i'm not going with them
c. receives email with only 4 forms
d. must mean i only need to show up because point b. even though point c.

I guess my concern is clarification because I don't want to be the cause of delay for my family's medical exam. My sister is adamant that we undergo the exam this Wednesday and I fear there'll be a hold-up because of my form.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it.

cutesilverangel

Aug 6, 2014
Re: question about application for Police clearance in singapore

my husband is currently applying for singapore police clearance. my question is Canadian Visa office in Manila is asking for his police clearance but on his application is asking which country COC is to be submitted. should it be Philippines or Canada? thank you very much

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lexis said:
usually po whats the procedure pag magpatransfer from ADVO to CEM., my contract will end in September 3 here in auh and I do not intend to renew. My status in ECAS is Medical Received last June 3, processing has stopped when Ramadan started. Do you think I can request na po ngayon to transfer? or i need to wait after i change address or after i reach phils po. Is it true that processing will take more time :) or is it wise to stay here as a visit vsa holder. ( as far as i know po they are not giving visa to those who are not residence( correct me f am wrong po).

need ur advises. salamat po
Wala naman official form/process, kundi susulat ka sa VO mo. Try to lookup GKarl, itguy26 and ad123164 - they sent requests to change their VOs, look up their posts. Final decision to transfer the files will be up to ADVO, and sila ang titingin kung me enough reasons to warrant a transfer. Also, note, me time elapsed din mula sa pagfile ng request, until kung kelan nila ma-dedesisyunan ito, then add time sa pag transfer ng files mo to CEM. So hindi agad-agad after ng approval (kung ma-approbahan) na transferred na agad. In many cases, baka mas mahaba pa ang processing time overall between ADVO (plus time to decision and to transfer file) and CEM, so decide carefully given me added time talaga.

Request ito, meaning kailangan backed-up ng valid reasons. Amenable naman ang mga VOs sa request ng isang applicant kung ito ay nasa rason. In your case, me rason ka na (repatriation) pero me mga supporting papers ka ba sa impending repatriation mo (i.e. end of contract date, end of visa, or specifically, a letter sent to your employer stating na wala ka na intention to renew the contract/employement?). Anything na makakapagpatunay, na definite na ang plans mo to change residence. This only strengthens your request, still it is not a guarantee kung maaprove ito - that is dependent on ADVO.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zldis said:
So the fastest way is to email CEM via CSE?

It will be no problem contacting them via my mom's mail because it's my sister and I who manage the contact email for my mom. Unfortunately, the account is linked to her laptop for now so I'll just ask her when she wakes up later for the log in details. Like I said, even though my mom is the PA, it's my sister and I who manages all the forms and application papers.
Send twice - a reply to the email address of the message that brought the instructions/IME forms to you and then a CSE containing the same message.
Multiple avenues to communicate with CEM.

Regarding that specific line you asked for a source, I think I wasn't clear so I'm sorry. I meant we saw on their website that non-accompanying dependents should still undergo the med exam. - So I assumed I should just show up even without the form.
No worries - that is to clarify - information changes over time in the cic web, so if you have updated links, then we can analyze the changes.

My thought process
a. i'm a non-accompanying dependent
b. website says i should still undergo med exam even if i'm not going with them
c. receives email with only 4 forms
d. must mean i only need to show up because point b. even though point c.

I guess my concern is clarification because I don't want to be the cause of delay for my family's medical exam. My sister is adamant that we undergo the exam this Wednesday and I fear there'll be a hold-up because of my form.
Nice thought process, but d is an assumption. One of the things I learned over the years is with CIC/immigration processes do not assume :). That is also how these officers deal with applications - only with information that is given. If not asked, then it is not needed yet. If no instructions are given, there is no reason to do an action. Where the confusion lies is when the instructions given from the VO contradict CIC's own published processes/policies/instructions in the web. So for these cases - ask a question and be specific in the question.

Now, unfortunately, the IME forms are numbered and contains the name of the applicant/dependent/spouse that will undergo the IME. These are official forms, so if you don't have one, you can't undergo an IME. The application is for a provincial nomination, so Upfront Medical (one wherein the applicant can go to the IME clinic without having an IMM1017) is only a requirement for certain classes (see application guide). In the application guide for PNs (non-EE) there is no mention of an upfront medical requirement. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp
FYI - Medical Exams.
See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Now hindi naman ibig sabihin nito na hindi posible - maaring maidaan sa pakiusap na kahit hindi ka saklaw ng kategorya ng pwede ang upfront medical, eh dahil na rin sa kakulangan ng abiso o instructions mula sa CIC para ka mag-proceed. Yan ngayon ay depende sa clinic. Pwede mo naman subukan di ba? Kung papayagan, why not, kung hindi, well sigurado na ngayon na kailangan kunin ang IMM1017 mo. Note me supply ng IMM1017B forms dapat ang clinic, at lalo na kung eMedical enabled, madali na lamang ang pag-encode ng resulta ng medical mo kasama ng iba mong mga kapamilya.

So unahin ninyo muna mag-tanong sa CEM bakit me kulang, at the same time - schedule nyo na ang medical exams. Note pala - check ninyo ang wording ng instructions sa IME - nakasaad ba na "to complete your medical exam within <x> days" or ang nakalagay is "to schedule your medical exams within <x> days". Magkaiba yun - the mere scheduling ng IME is in fact compliance sa instructions. Hindi na "complete" ang medical sa pagtapos lamang ng medical exam - kailangan i-upload ang results, at me isang Medical Officer na titingin at gagawa ng medical assessment. Dun lang matatapos ang medical checks.

lencabz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Nomination.....
February 2013
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013/ May 2015 (Repeat)
Passport Req..
june 19, 2015... DM July 1, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 29, 2015 received July 16, 2015
LANDED..........
August 20, 2015
ragluf said:
No idea - di na reliable ngayon ang mga ranges. Kaunting pasensya pa ng paghihintay - last step ka na, mas madali na lang ito.

thank you sir! habang hinihintay lalong tumatagal. :) hopefully wag na umabot ng december. nakalagay naman po sa letter nila na 90 days daw maibalik na passports namin. unfortunately, nawala pa mobile phone ng husband ko, pero nainform na rin namin ang embassy sa bagong contact number nya. sana maibalik na visa namin before taglamig. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: question about application for Police clearance in singapore

cutesilverangel said:
my husband is currently applying for singapore police clearance. my question is Canadian Visa office in Manila is asking for his police clearance but on his application is asking which country COC is to be submitted. should it be Philippines or Canada? thank you very much
Paki linaw ito - "but on his application is asking which country COC is to be submitted. should it be Philippines or Canada?" Ano ibig mo sabihin?

Hinihingi ng Canada Visa office sa Manila na magsubmit ang husband mo ng PCC mula sa Singapore right? So kukuha sya ng PCC sa SG at ibibigay sa CEM.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lencabz said:
thank you sir! habang hinihintay lalong tumatagal. :) hopefully wag na umabot ng december. nakalagay naman po sa letter nila na 90 days daw maibalik na passports namin. unfortunately, nawala pa mobile phone ng husband ko, pero nainform na rin namin ang embassy sa bagong contact number nya. sana maibalik na visa namin before taglamig. :)
Hindi aabot ng 90days yan. 90 days ang target, pero usually di na tatagal pa ng ganyan.