+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi everyone. Can someone kindly guide me through... My family's applications were transferred to Pretoria VO after I became a permanent resident in Canada. This month marks the 15th month since then with no communication. Woke up now and saw a message from Pretoria office that my marriage with my spouse was we did in absentia (I was in South Africa while my wife was in Nigeria) is not recognized by Canada unless we provide a proof that both of us were physically present on the day of wedding. What do I do? This marriage is recognized in my country of origin and I provided them with our marriage certificate from the beginning of my application....
Well you know Canada always do things their way, and because over the years Nigeria has been going down gradually so any documents that comes from the country is also not wealthy of Canadian standard. The best you can do is get a lawyer involve and it may result in you going to SA or back to Nigeria to do the official marriage with much more evidence to prove. Good luck.

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Well you know Canada always do things their way, and because over the years Nigeria has been going down gradually so any documents that comes from the country is also not wealthy of Canadian standard. The best you can do is get a lawyer involve and it may result in you going to SA or back to Nigeria to do the official marriage with much more evidence to prove. Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll get a lawyer involved as you had advised. However, I cannot go back to Nigeria or South Africa at this time as I claimed my life was in danger in both countries when I lived there(both countries) + both countries are even under travel ban and all evidences are requested to be submitted before the middle of next month...

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Hi everyone. Can someone kindly guide me through... My family's applications were transferred to Pretoria VO after I became a permanent resident in Canada. This month marks the 15th month since then with no communication. Woke up now and saw a message from Pretoria office that my marriage with my spouse was we did in absentia (I was in South Africa while my wife was in Nigeria) is not recognized by Canada unless we provide a proof that both of us were physically present on the day of wedding. What do I do? This marriage is recognized in my country of origin and I provided them with our marriage certificate from the beginning of my application....
I have someone with a similar case and it's a very easy nut to crack. Don't let anyone lead u in the wrong direction of how Nigeria is going down. That's the typical characteristics of Nigerians they just have to bring their country down at any given opportunity.

Op, you should travel to a third country of your choice to marry again with both of you physically present and get the documents saying u are now married in the country you got married in.
That's it.

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I have someone with a similar case and it's a very easy nut to crack. Don't let anyone lead u in the wrong direction of how Nigeria is going down. That's the typical characteristics of Nigerians they just have to bring their country down at any given opportunity.

Op, you should travel to a third country of your choice to marry again with both of you physically present and get the documents saying u are now married in the country you got married in.
That's it.
Hmmm. Thanks a lot, man. The person in question who went through the same thing like I am, when he went to third country to physically be present at the wedding and submitted the evidence to IRCC, was their applications continued from there or IRCC restarted it from scratch because they just got married after their applications were submitted?
I spoke to an immigration lawyer now,he advised me on the same thing(third country). However, he said he's not sure if the processing would continue or if it'll be restarted from the scratch....

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Hmmm. Thanks a lot, man. The person in question who went through the same thing like I am, when he went to third country to physically be present at the wedding and submitted the evidence to IRCC, was their applications continued from there or IRCC restarted it from scratch because they just got married after their applications were submitted?
I spoke to an immigration lawyer now,he advised me on the same thing(third country). However, he said he's not sure if the processing would continue or if it'll be restarted from the scratch....
Hello, Since you are from Nigeria, u can travel to Ghana or Liberia or Senegal or Benin according to my map they are the closest to you. Your wife can also be present there and u have the marriage done and get your marriage document and pictures. Then IRCC will continue from there. That's what they require you to do. If any other person says otherwise then I really do not know. This is what I was part of and it unfolded before my own very eyes. They will continue from there provided you submitted the evidence within the time frame alloted to you. If you submit afterwards, all the process will be restarted.

Reactions: Abtols

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Thanks a lot for your advice. I'll get a lawyer involved as you had advised. However, I cannot go back to Nigeria or South Africa at this time as I claimed my life was in danger in both countries when I lived there(both countries) + both countries are even under travel ban and all evidences are requested to be submitted before the middle of next month...
Am sorry to hear that. I don't know if it possible for you to your wife to a country where you can get married, the problem is the time frame which they work with, and know traveling is not as easy a it is before. Why I was telling you that Canada does not value any documents coming from Nigeria is because it happens to me back in 2019. My National ID which I got 2006 and Birth certificate which got in 2014 where all said to be fake. It cost me over 5K appealing, and additional one year going through that.

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Hello, Since you are from Nigeria, u can travel to Ghana or Liberia or Senegal or Benin according to my map they are the closest to you. Your wife can also be present there and u have the marriage done and get your marriage document and pictures. Then IRCC will continue from there. That's what they require you to do. If any other person says otherwise then I really do not know. This is what I was part of and it unfolded before my own very eyes. They will continue from there provided you submitted the evidence within the time frame alloted to you. If you submit afterwards, all the process will be restarted.
I really you, man. The same thing is what a lawyer told me that we have no choice than to go to another country to get married and present the evidence. Major problems are; travel ban on Southern Africans, secondly, my wife's permit is expired. Although, she'd applied for an extension since April this year, but no response yet for her local permit. I'm so stressed now, but I know I'll find a way out....

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Am sorry to hear that. I don't know if it possible for you to your wife to a country where you can get married, the problem is the time frame which they work with, and know traveling is not as easy a it is before. Why I was telling you that Canada does not value any documents coming from Nigeria is because it happens to me back in 2019. My National ID which I got 2006 and Birth certificate which got in 2014 where all said to be fake. It cost me over 5K appealing, and additional one year going through that.
Exactly, the time frame is the main concern. Like I told Lucas, her permit in South Africa is expired. So if she goes out of South Africa, she'll not be able to go back in there again. However, I've handed it over to a lawyer today to handle it coz the stress is just getting too much for me.
He said his first move would be to write to IRCC for an extension so we could have enough time to plan where to meet to arrange for the wedding. I hope IRCC approve the extension coz medical requests were also sent to my family with the marriage evidence request....

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Finally got some communication yesterday and today

Application Submitted: July 29, 2021
Requested Dependants Documents Again: Dec 9, 2021 (Have submitted before the family documents, but they asked again for some pilot project)
AOR: December 10, 2021

I hope it will be fast now!

timon bi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Has anyone received a PR card with a PHOTO of someone else on it? This is a terrible mistake! My friend received his card today With a photo of woman on the card! WTF
Etobicoke office

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Has anyone received a PR card with a PHOTO of someone else on it? This is a terrible mistake! My friend received his card today With a photo of woman on the card! WTF
Etobicoke office
Etobicoke is the worst office!! Bunch of incompetent officers

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Hello I had a confirmation email on April in this year about application for PR that's received by immigration and refugee board. Today I have received another email. Could you please tell me what am I suppose to do after now?

Email:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

peace_84

May 8, 2020
Hello,
today i received below but no login credentials are sent
This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials."
with which credential should i login?id ont want to create myself since it says it delay our process
thanks
timeline:application Aug 2020