+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Anyone knows what happens if DM and you are physically outside Canada. Can you still receive CoPr if you are outside Canada or you have to go back to Canada to finalize your PR? Does anyone know someone who has been in this scenario? Thanks
I have. It was such bittersweet experience. The day before I head back to Canada, i got my CoPR. The letter says not to travel to Canada if this letter was received when you’re outside of Canada.
SO.. I emailed the immigration office where my case is, told them that im outside of Canada. They responded a week later and reversed back my status to protected person and told me that i can now come back.
I emailed them immediately after I arrived in Canada and they reversed back my status to Permanent Resident. It was a mess for me

roycanada

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Anyone knows what happens if DM and you are physically outside Canada. Can you still receive CoPr if you are outside Canada or you have to go back to Canada to finalize your PR? Does anyone know someone who has been in this scenario? Thanks
Yesterday I called IRCC, the agent advise me if we travel outside after DM we have to inform IRCC via webform.
If DM and you are outside, you can request for landing on arrival. Good luck

vipush

May 27, 2020
Not started yes after 2 years. Like me. I have no words probably the government don’t have any explanations for this.
April 20, 2021 received pre-arrival service letter. April 25 submitted resume on request. Medical passed APRIL 20,2021. After that no up date.

lost2011

Dec 30, 2020
what did ircc tell you? that's absolutely insane. you have to contact your office that finalizes your application and mp .thats unbelievable
They always say im in queue for finalizing it but that queue never comes :( even the mp says the same I am really tired.