+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys I got an email from CIC. CPC MISSISSAUGA . That my file is being sent to Edmonton office and I may be called for an interview so I don't know how long it will take but I just cross my fingers waiting for positive results.
Great all the best, when did you apply

Londonfc

Feb 28, 2021
Hello
IRCC requested a police certificate from USA for my PR applciation on May 5th, and i sent fingerprint and full application to FBI office in USA on May 6th. they asked me to send it to mississauga office before June 4th 2021 which is today but the police certificate is still being processed by FBI and may take another week.
I sent a letter on IRCC web from explaining.
will they extend the deadline or will they return back my application? which I hope not.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello
IRCC requested a police certificate from USA for my PR applciation on May 5th, and i sent fingerprint and full application to FBI office in USA on May 6th. they asked me to send it to mississauga office before June 4th 2021 which is today but the police certificate is still being processed by FBI and may take another week.
will they extend the deadline or will they return back my application? which I hope not.

You could have come to this forum the very first time and you could have been ad
Hello

I was asked to do the same back in February and sent it in to FBI it only took 3 for them to process it, and I got it back in one month. I also did fingerprints with the RCMP which was not required but it end up helping my document process faster. Because I got email yesterday that my application is being sent to office here in Edmonton.

Londonfc

Feb 28, 2021
You could have come to this forum the very first time and you could have been ad
I was asked to do the same back in February and sent it in to FBI it only took 3 for them to process it, and I got it back in one month. I also did fingerprints with the RCMP which was not required but it end up helping my document process faster. Because I got email yesterday that my application is being sent to office here in Edmonton.
You mean 3 weeks?
I suppose the police certificate from USA was because I lived there 3+ years. Were you the same case?

Londonfc

Feb 28, 2021
Did you submit the fbi police certificate past the deadline they set for you?

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
For those that have renewed RTD with PR card, what's the appropriate to fill in the column SECTION 3: Proof of Immigration Status in Canada as the Document Number when option PR card is chosen? I have seen different opinion from people stating it is the UCI #,CoPR #, and the Alphanumeric at the back of PR card, so I'm kind of confused a little bit.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello

You mean 3 weeks?
I suppose the police certificate from USA was because I lived there 3+ years. Were you the same case?
I lived in the state for 7 years, and it took the FBI 3 days to process fingerprint but it took one month for the post office to deliver it. What you should have done is electronic fingerprint because that is like 24 hours for them to process. That's what my wife did hers took 24hrs to process but my was 3 days because I sent my with DHL to FBI. I will advise you to call them frequently and also schedule a fingerprint with RCMP I know your not required to do it but that will facilitate your documents because they won't have to do it again it will cost you $50 and also take more than one month for Ottawa to send it you. But trust me that will help you.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hi guys I got an email from CIC. CPC MISSISSAUGA . That my file is being sent to Edmonton office and I may be called for an interview so I don't know how long it will take but I just cross my fingers waiting for positive results.
@Whisky2020,
Kindly confirm if the letter stated " that your application has been completed and transferred to Edmonton" or just transferred for further processing?
Thank you

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
@Whisky2020,
Kindly confirm if the letter stated " that your application has been completed and transferred to Edmonton" or just transferred for further processing?
Thank you
It says that my application has been transferred to Edmonton for further processing and I will be notify if there is an interview. So I don't know it that means that is complicated or still needs to complicated.

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
It says that my application has been transferred to Edmonton for further processing and I will be notify if there is an interview. So I don't know it that means that is complicated or still needs to complicated.
Don't worry. It is part of the process to share the burden of work. However, you should be prepared for a bit more time waiting because file after getting transferred to the local office gets delayed a little bit.....however, it is not complicated at all. I have gone through this process. Just a bit more wait....no interview or complication. Get relaxed.

Reactions: Jahlove2000

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
For those that have renewed RTD with PR card, what's the appropriate to fill in the column SECTION 3: Proof of Immigration Status in Canada as the Document Number when option PR card is chosen? I have seen different opinion from people stating it is the UCI #,CoPR #, and the Alphanumeric at the back of PR card, so I'm kind of confused a little bit.
Please can someone help with this question?

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Don't worry. It is part of the process to share the burden of work. However, you should be prepared for a bit more time waiting because file after getting transferred to the local office gets delayed a little bit.....however, it is not complicated at all. I have gone through this process. Just a bit more wait....no interview or complication. Get relaxed.
Oh really thanks for the info, I thought I will be expecting my PR in the next few months well am not going no where.

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
@Jalalcananda