+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Don't worry. It is part of the process to share the burden of work. However, you should be prepared for a bit more time waiting because file after getting transferred to the local office gets delayed a little bit.....however, it is not complicated at all. I have gone through this process. Just a bit more wait....no interview or complication. Get relaxed.
Since you have gone through this process!! How long did yours take or are you still waiting?

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Since you have gone through this process!! How long did yours take or are you still waiting?
I have got everything passed including eligibility, security and criminality since february 10, 2021. But yet no final decision. File at local office of london ontario. Even contacted MP. Response is that due to covid 19, we are not finalizing yet. Utterly stupid answer. I am waiting....no problem as everything passed and my family with me in canada. So final decision will come sooner or latter.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I have got everything passed including eligibility, security and criminality since february 10, 2021. But yet no final decision. File at local office of london ontario. Even contacted MP. Response is that due to covid 19, we are not finalizing yet. Utterly stupid answer. I am waiting....no problem as everything passed and my family with me in canada. So final decision will come sooner or latter.
Oh I see what your saying, that's the painful part know that you very close to get your PR but still far away. Am just thinking that maybe since we don't have a as much population as other big cities in Canada maybe that will help and you know Alberta is the only province in Canada with 2 big cities as Edmonton office is open, Calgary also have office serving people there. And why am a bit frustrated is because my family live in the state I haven't been able to see my 2 kids for 3 years. But I thank God that am in the process and God will help us all.

imadeddin

Jul 5, 2016
Oh I see what your saying, that's the painful part know that you very close to get your PR but still far away. Am just thinking that maybe since we don't have a as much population as other big cities in Canada maybe that will help and you know Alberta is the only province in Canada with 2 big cities as Edmonton office is open, Calgary also have office serving people there. And why am a bit frustrated is because my family live in the state I haven't been able to see my 2 kids for 3 years. But I thank God that am in the process and God will help us all.
Have not seen my kids for 6 years and counting. Nobody cares about this part. There is even nobody to reach out to explain your pains. MPs, immigration office and prime minister's office are all useless. I am sorry to say that but that is the truth that we have to say. All we can do is just wait and be patient. Unbelievably unbelievable.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Have not seen my kids for 6 years and counting. Nobody cares about this part. There is even nobody to reach out to explain your pains. MPs, immigration office and prime minister's office are all useless. I am sorry to say that but that is the truth that we have to say. All we can do is just wait and be patient. Unbelievably unbelievable.
Yeah I feel the pain, God will help us all to accomplish our goals.

Reactions: imadeddin

Glidag

Apr 1, 2021
Hello everyone

Submitted application - February, 2020
Got AOR - January,2021
Requested for more docs - February, 2021
Pre-arrival, settlement services - March, 2021
The medical exam passed. -April 21, 2021
Eligibility Passed April 21, 2021
Karar Verildi - 28 Nisan 2021
portal invitation 28 May
and today 05 June eCoPR

I hope everyone who is waiting will get rid of this troubled process as soon as possible.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hello everyone

Got AOR - January,2021
portal invitation 28 May
and today 05 June eCoPR

I hope everyone who is waiting will get rid of this troubled process as soon as possible.
Wow congrats , I submitted January 2020 ,
Got AOR January 2021.
Medical pass march 2021 .
FBI fingerprints submitted April 2021.
File transfers to Edmonton office June 2021.
Still waiting. God will help us.

Reactions: Glidag

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello, i applied to pr as accepted protected refugee ,and am going to get marry and to add my wife on my application while i applied since 16 months , when they give the corp or decision how much time my wife shy need to take pr and be able to come ? Thanks

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello everyone

Got AOR - January,2021
portal invitation 28 May
and today 05 June eCoPR

Great congrats

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hello, i applied to pr as accepted protected refugee ,and am going to get marry and to add my wife on my application while i applied since 16 months , when they give the corp or decision how much time my wife shy need to take pr and be able to come ? Thanks
you need to add her to your application as soon as possible before your PR application is finalized

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I took a passport photograph back in late January 2021, I don't know if I should use it or not for my RTD application, as they said it shouldn't be more than 6 months when it was taken but it's getting close though I can mail before then.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
March 22, 2019. Still waiting.
Eligibility: passed (21 April 2021 after talking to my MP and transferred next day to Montreal office)
Security: Not started
Criminality: in progress (since October 2019)

26 months and counting. File was transferred to Montreal for further assessment. Folks at Immigration were drinking tea the entire time and then remembered that they have an application from 2019 that needs processing. Quelle bonne pays et quelle bonne traitement. Just venting.

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou