+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we are pleased to confirm that the application is still in process.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

This was reply for my enquiry. Still in process
Also they ask you to check online account for updates haha! I know people who got their pr card and the account still ' Your action is required '. I really wish I was working in immigration during Covid.

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
my travel document is expiring in May 2020 can I travel Germany or it should b valis for at least 6 months to travel outside Canada thanks advance for reply

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
my travel document is expiring in May 2020 can I travel Germany or it should b valis for at least 6 months to travel outside Canada thanks advance for reply
I travelled to Germany in October when Canada was on the list of countries that residents can enter Germany for non-essential reason. Now Canada is removed. I'm not sure but I still think you can use it. Usually this 6 months rule is for getting visas but normally you don't need a visa to Germany if you have a Canadian travel document. The only issue is that according to my information, Germany is closed to Canadians as of October 27th. I travelled there beginning of October so I was ok. Check with the German consulate. Use this link to ask them questions. I used it and they replied to me the next business day https://canada.diplo.de/ca-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulat2/kontakt-formular-gk2

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
I travelled to Germany in October when Canada was on the list of countries that residents can enter Germany for non-essential reason. Now Canada is removed. I'm not sure but I still think you can use it. Usually this 6 months rule is for getting visas but normally you don't need a visa to Germany if you have a Canadian travel document. The only issue is that according to my information, Germany is closed to Canadians as of October 27th. I travelled there beginning of October so I was ok. Check with the German consulate. Use this link to ask them questions. I used it and they replied to me the next business day https://canada.diplo.de/ca-en/vertretungen/generalkonsulat2/kontakt-formular-gk2
thanks a lot brother I ve reason my brother is there but my travel document is expiring in may I think we need 6 month validity for travel

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hey guys I think I knew the reason behind the delay in COPR, there is a new faster procedure and you will receive the PR card within one week
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

and

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/new-online-portal-expedites-permanent-residence-landings-1216478.html#gs.mswsky

just wait till you receive the invitation
Finally some good news now how soon do we receive the invitation???

Reactions: saidur

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys I think I knew the reason behind the delay in COPR, there is a new faster procedure and you will receive the PR card within one week
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

and

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/new-online-portal-expedites-permanent-residence-landings-1216478.html#gs.mswsky

just wait till you receive the invitation
So it means that is why it takes long. I am afraid then sending link and creating account will take months but Pr car will come in one week. I want to believe it is helful but my mind can not get reality. Hope lets see.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
So it means that is why it takes long. I am afraid then sending link and creating account will take months but Pr car will come in one week. I want to believe it is helful but my mind can not get reality. Hope lets see.
this program started back in October has anyone ever used this portal before???

Sunshi

Nov 21, 2017
I am April 2019 applicant my timeline is 99 % and Medical has been extended last week after the ghost update but there is no more update. my question is did I complete criminality and security that's why they updated my medical? Please share your experience

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I am April 2019 applicant my timeline is 99 % and Medical has been extended last week after the ghost update but there is no more update. my question is did I complete criminality and security that's why they updated my medical? Please share your experience
If you can see your biometric info, most likely you passed everything. (this is just a lil theory of mine, I could be wrong)

Sunshi

Nov 21, 2017
If you can see your biometric info, most likely you passed everything. (this is just a lil theory of mine, I could be wrong)
nothing changed in my biometric info and all others section are the same except medical which has been extended las week

Reactions: Ryan4