+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
I am saying it because I am a protected person and pr since Mar 2018, I know it because I have been there. being a pr via protected person does not change the fact that you are not a protected person anymore.
Please read the below thread first page carefully. Someone took his time to get all information, if you become a pr under-protected person status you are still a protected person.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-travel-document-questions-and-answers.397458/

My information is not complete about RTD and PRTD, Thank you for informing, and sharing that link.

Last edited:

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
guys I Requested for ATIP 2 months ago but not received it yet, in the confirmation email I received they informed the due date will be the 10th of September

This is further to your request under the Privacy Act, which was received on July 12, 2020, for the following records:

the application, supporting documents, and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning.
I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Privacy Act, an extension of 30 days beyond the statutory 30-day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is required in order to undertake consultations that are necessary to comply with the request that cannot reasonably be completed within the original time limit.

Considering the extension, your request is now due on September 10, 2020

Anyone had the same experience? is it normal?

Last edited:

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
"""""This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements. The overseas office in London is responsible for processing the applications for permanent residence of your family members outside Canada.""""""

What does it mean? I'm a January 2019 principal applicant with 2 kids inside in Canada included in my in-land application. I have a husband and one kid abroad. Am I going to wait another year for their application or I will get it it first together with my 2 kids here in Canada after i received today the "AIP" Very confused..... Please Help me :(

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Dear Jalal,
In your AIP letter did they asked you to complete other documents or just AIP?

usually officers they open and read your application until your due date after 20ish months right when the requested results like your Criminality and Security arrived First of first they will inform your AIP, and then if there was a question or misrepresentation or any documents needed officer will contact you and ask what they need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ex ツ and Talab111

izolomo

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
Alhamdulilah, finally got approval letter today. I am October 3, 2018. Your local office (Edmonton) would contact you to arrange for the issuing of your pr, it says in the letter. The letter also says my family in oversea(wife for now, not applicable to kids) should go for her biometric. Question: does this mean that my family would not be asked for medicals? Thank you,all....

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Alhamdulilah, finally got approval letter today. I am October 3, 2018. Your local office (Edmonton) would contact you to arrange for the issuing of your pr, it says in the letter. The letter also says my family in oversea(wife for now, not applicable to kids) should go for her biometric. Question: does this mean that my family would not be asked for medicals? Thank you,all....
Congratulations. When did you get you AIP?

Talab111

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Congrats

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Thank you. I mailed my application to the visa office in Cairo and for a tracking number that shows the application was forwarded to the IRCC, then within 7 days there is a notification that IRCC sent a decision envelope to the visa office and I have to collect it and I have no clue what the decision is or how I can collect it. I’m afraid they are asking about something or saying they cannot process it now.
FROM WHERE Jalal222???

• Haha
Reactions: Jalal222 and Ex ツ

mysoul

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hello guys,
I finally got COPR today.
NOV 2018
I appreciate everyone who contributed to this platform. Your contributions really helped me. I would have been refused on the basis of misinterpretation if not that this platform which made me realise I could ask for GCMS notes. Of course I did and saw errors in the answers I gave on my Schedule A form. I corrected it and followed up and here am I today sharing this testimony. Thanks again and please don't stop sharing your knowledge and experience as it could be a life saver.
Could you please clarify what is GCMS notes. For us it is pending too. Thanks in advance