+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
We have almost same timeline

Quite funny and incredible,
I received AIP in september 2019 and my wife sent her file with the kids the same month.
I became PR since december 8th 2019.

Since then,no updates from visa office.

I guess for your file that final decision is coming
Did you contact your VO?

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
She sent her papers last September, I got my PR this January. She passed eligibility in March.
Secondary review is a policy they have to follow. Not meaning anything wrong with the application, also they already passed Elegibility, so there is no need to worry, just try to push and send more emails, also you can support people with the same situation in Twitter

Reactions: Refu0202 and Emil7

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi to everyone

Hope to receive good news for all members here soon.
I would like to know after doing finger print, normally how month we need to wait to receive new updates?
I guess after fingerprint, they start criminality.

Thanks

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
Congratulations, it means you are almost there, you dont have to worry you will get your COPR anytime now yes you have to wait at least 8 months for their case to be processed and AIP means now your husbands file will be transferred to VO and his application will kick off
Good luck
Many thanks for your clarifications..... When do you expect the principal applicant should get the DM and then the phone call for landing?

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hello All,
today i got an update in my account showing CORP letter application approved for PR but there is no any attachment ?
i Got AIP on 6 September 2020
October 2018 Applicant
You will get the attachment too. It’s your decision I guess. Congratulations

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
Same as mine, I got AIP on Sep 12, and today it says I got approved for COPR. I’m wondering too whether they’ll send us or email? And what will be the next step?
Congratulations, may I ask you if you have any dependent outside of Canada? If yes, just wondering if their application needs also to be completed just as yours or you will be first then they will start their application?

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,
Just quick question, who knows please respond here.

One of my friends needs to send or give his biometrics for PR application, just asking are the places closed or there are some open? And whi recently gave and where, please share your opinions.
Thanks a lot

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone,
Just quick question, who knows please respond here.

One of my friends needs to send or give his biometrics for PR application, just asking are the places closed or there are some open? And whi recently gave and where, please share your opinions
Thanks a lot
Can you share your friend timeline please ?

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
yes I’ve dependants, and they’re outside Canada but their application will be processed separately. I’ve already got COPR, and next I will get PR in weeks.
I'm in the same situation... I'm in Canada with 2 kids.... my husband with one kid is abroad. Yesterday, I received the AIP and instructions on my dependents abroad to start the process. The reason I got confused because in the eligibility passed letter,,, this is what they wrote:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person.

Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.

These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

So it could be just the way they wrote the script ... I just hope I with my 2 kids here in Canada will have it soon while my dependent abroad will immediately start their application submission.

Reactions: Elyas1 and MIDO2023