+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Hello All,
today i got an update in my account showing CORP letter application approved for PR but there is no any attachment ?
i Got AIP on 6 September 2020
October 2018 Applicant
[/QUOTE
OMG Congratulations. seems they are taking maximum 2weeks to give COPR after AIP in most cases. Makes me happy!

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
I guess the way you filled your application is different than mine. As, my AIP letter doesn’t states that it will be processed along my dependants who are outside Canada.

It states:

“We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.”
I also received an email from Etobicoke office on Monday regarding confirmation whether I’m inside the country or not, so that they can process accordingly.

Right after my confirmation to that email, I also received COPR today in my account which includes COPR number, date of issue & expiry. Plus, my GCKey account status has been updated too:
Final decision

“September 15, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.”

I’m assuming I will receive COPR attachment in a week then I will be able to Apply for my PR.

However, for my dependents, I have to send their application to London visa office within 60 days; so that, they can be processed separately.

There could be possibility that they’re referring to your dependents those are with you in Canada—not the ones outside. For outside dependents, they might be processed separately like mines.
My AIP requested forms for my dependent to fill. So your AIP has no information on your dependents?

Reactions: maya2020

MIDO2023

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I'm in the same situation... I'm in Canada with 2 kids.... my husband with one kid is abroad. Yesterday, I received the AIP and instructions on my dependents abroad to start the process. The reason I got confused because in the eligibility passed letter,,, this is what they wrote:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class. It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person.

Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.

These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

So it could be just the way they wrote the script ... I just hope I with my 2 kids here in Canada will have it soon while my dependent abroad will immediately start their application submission.
NO DONT WORRY ITS FORMAL LETTER YOU WILL GET COPR IN FEW DAYS , MY FRIEND RECEIVED SAME LETTER , DONT WORRY

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
I guess the way you filled your application is different than mine. As, my AIP letter doesn’t states that it will be processed along my dependants who are outside Canada.

It states:

“We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.”
I also received an email from Etobicoke office on Monday regarding confirmation whether I’m inside the country or not, so that they can process accordingly.

Right after my confirmation to that email, I also received COPR today in my account which includes COPR number, date of issue & expiry. Plus, my GCKey account status has been updated too:
Final decision

“September 15, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.”

I’m assuming I will receive COPR attachment in a week then I will be able to Apply for my PR.

However, for my dependents, I have to send their application to London visa office within 60 days; so that, they can be processed separately.

There could be possibility that they’re referring to your dependents those are with you in Canada—not the ones outside. For outside dependents, they might be processed separately like mines.
In my case, they called me in the morning of Sep 14, asked me if i'm in Canada including my 2 kids. answer was Yes. then asked me about my husband and 1 kid abroad, I answered that they are living abroad. I asked when to expect finalization of my PR application, answer was " very soon" and we will send you a document today where you can find it under your account. That letter is the "Eligibility Passed" letter and since then I'm hoping to receive the COPR notification just like the one you mentioned.

maya2020

Sep 14, 2020
NO DONT WORRY ITS FORMAL LETTER YOU WILL GET COPR IN FEW DAYS , MY FRIEND RECEIVED SAME LETTER , DONT WORRY
This is what i'm hoping for in few days as my husband and 1 kid application will take about 7-8 months based on other people experience. yesterday both submitted their biometrics and still filling their application sets to be sent along to the embassy abroad.

Does Eligibility Passed means AIP? or AIP means only Completed?

• Wow
Reactions: MIDO2023

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
No, the COPR is a letter which can work on behalf of your PR for example if you are required to show your PR Card for some reason you can show your COPR to the agent once you get your PR card the COPR WILL be discarded
Thank you for Explaining. So decision made then Copr follows right?

Reactions: Ex ツ

Amraneka

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi guys, i am jan 8. This morning i got update that shows my medical passed. Bud they asked me police certificate from australia and schedule A.
i just want to know how can i get police certificate from the other countries??

Reactions: Polsonlive

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
In my case, they called me in the morning of Sep 14, asked me if i'm in Canada including my 2 kids. answer was Yes. then asked me about my husband and 1 kid abroad, I answered that they are living abroad. I asked when to expect finalization of my PR application, answer was " very soon" and we will send you a document today where you can find it under your account. That letter is the "Eligibility Passed" letter and since then I'm hoping to receive the COPR notification just like the one you mentioned.
Seems your decision is made! I didn’t get any call. Just AIP letter

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys, i am jan 8. This morning i got update that shows my medical passed. Bud they asked me police certificate from australia and schedule A.
Check the request letter. It should have a link on how you can request PC from Australia. Also try to google around if there is an agency in your city that handles Global fingerprints or Australian fingerprints. Goodluck. I’m suprise they are asking you for a fingerprint this late in the application process! I wish you the best.

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Your Jan 2019 application?