+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you. I mailed my application to the visa office in Cairo and for a tracking number that shows the application was forwarded to the IRCC, then within 7 days there is a notification that IRCC sent a decision envelope to the visa office and I have to collect it and I have no clue what the decision is or how I can collect it. I’m afraid they are asking about something or saying they cannot process it now.
Hi Jalal, can you inform us of the steps so we understand the process you going though ... where are you now in Cairo?

Reactions: Jalal222

rizhaque

May 31, 2018
Hi. All
I am reading in this Forum that oct,nov,dec 2018 applicants getting Pr , that is sounds good, I am also dec,2018 applicant and my last update medical results have been recieved in june 2019 after that silence .

I have one question that PR process time count from the date they recieve application or the date they start process ?
Can anyone give me IRCC phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi. All
I am reading in this Forum that oct,nov,dec 2018 applicants getting Pr , that is sounds good, I am also dec,2018 applicant and my last update medical results have been recieved in june 2019 after that silence .

I have one question that PR process time count from the date they recieve application or the date they start the process ?
Can anyone give me IRCC phone?

Timeline now is 24 months but you should receive your AIP in the month of 21-22, +1 888-242-2100 also you can just fill this form and contact them by email its better than phone just send a contacting via a---> web form <--- is the best way to check your status ask them what is my security criminality status detail

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Is the PR travel document different?
For sure it should be some difference but I am not aware of those.

Types of passports and travel documents

Certificate of identity
We issue certificates of identity to permanent residents of Canada who aren’t yet Canadian citizens and who either
  • are otherwise stateless, or
  • can’t get a national passport or travel document from any source for a valid reason
You can’t use a certificate of identity to travel to your country of citizenship.
The issuing office decides the validity period.

Last edited:

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Like I Said They can Wait for They PR and After That, they can apply for PRTD, Also Who said to You we are Protected Person status Lots of Us are PR here.

Eligibility
You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:

• are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.
I am saying it because I am a protected person and pr since Mar 2018, I know it because I have been there. being a pr via protected person does not change the fact that you are not a protected person anymore.
Please read the below thread first page carefully. Someone took his time to get all information, if you become a pr under-protected person status you are still a protected person.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/refugee-travel-document-questions-and-answers.397458/

Reactions: KatbiyaNazi