+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
No there won’t be a problem for his PR. The only issue may be with the country if there is an exit visa requirement.
Thanks fr yr reply..exiting the country is not problem..
Could u plz explain what should i write in his schedule A where i need to mention His status of staying in that country

also someone mentioned me that ill be having problem in processing his visa as his current status is expired visitor ...

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I was asked for the finger prints fee of my wife in Oct 2019 (4 month even before pendemic ) which i did the next day. And after that no update.
March 2019 applicant.
Just curious why would they ask for kust the FEE so early and then forget about asking for the finger prints.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Finally I received the CoPR email today

My timeline:
- 26 Sep 2018 we received your application
- 6 Dec 2018 started processing your application
- 7 Dec 2018 Acknowledging receipt of your application
- 27 Dec 2018 medical instruction
- Jan 2019 medical result have been received
- I got married outside Canada on 9 June 2019, informed IRCC, they reply to me suggesting sponsoring or adding on my husbands and instructions how to add-on. Since sponsoring require PR I chose not to wait and I send my husband’s applications on 30 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019 eligibility’s passed and they asked for my husband’s applications (the same applications I send on 30 Sep 2019)
- 15 Jan 2020 they asked to pay the biometric fees for my husband.
- 7 August 2020, eligibility passed again and they request me to send my husband’s (overseas dependant) application to Abu Dhabi office.
- 9 August 2020, I checked the website and it was showing DECISION MADE.
- 11 August 2020, CoPR

I wish you all the best and I hope to hear good news for everyone here soon!

Q: how long do you think it will take for my husband to get his PR?
Congratulations

Reactions: Noraalzomor

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Finally I received the CoPR email today

My timeline:
- 26 Sep 2018 we received your application
- 6 Dec 2018 started processing your application
- 7 Dec 2018 Acknowledging receipt of your application
- 27 Dec 2018 medical instruction
- Jan 2019 medical result have been received
- I got married outside Canada on 9 June 2019, informed IRCC, they reply to me suggesting sponsoring or adding on my husbands and instructions how to add-on. Since sponsoring require PR I chose not to wait and I send my husband’s applications on 30 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019 eligibility’s passed and they asked for my husband’s applications (the same applications I send on 30 Sep 2019)
- 15 Jan 2020 they asked to pay the biometric fees for my husband.
- 7 August 2020, eligibility passed again and they request me to send my husband’s (overseas dependant) application to Abu Dhabi office.
- 9 August 2020, I checked the website and it was showing DECISION MADE.
- 11 August 2020, CoPR

I wish you all the best and I hope to hear good news for everyone here soon!

Q: how long do you think it will take for my husband to get his PR?
Congratulation :) :)

Reactions: Noraalzomor

Jahprovideesp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Dears I would love to tell you that Finally I made it!
Today morning when I walk up I saw two updates in my account:
- Eligibility Passed
- Approval Letter ( DM) It was written that IRCC local office will contact me.
Before noon I received a call confirming that I am PR holder now! and they will send the COPR letter in the coming days!

THANK YOU GOD, What a day Today !
Thank you all those who were helpful and positive here!
Congratulation

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
My spouse included in my PR application lives in other country where his visiter visa is expired, is there any problem when his application when it would be processed???
yes it might be a problem. due to covid19 he can stay without valid visa. but if that country refused to renew or ask to leave,( when he fill his Canadian immigration form) IRCC will ask about that. better stay with legal status of that country.

Reactions: jack_2001

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
My spouse included in my PR application lives in other country where his visiter visa is expired, is there any problem when his application when it would be processed???
a friend of mine and his wife they got usa visit visa,the us embassy in saudi arabia,refused to give visit visa for their three kids,finally they decided to travel without their kids,someone gave them fake information that they can bring the kids within 9 months,they travelled to usa then to canada , applied for refugee status , they accepted in their hearing,then they applied for PR
their kids in saudi arabia becomes statless, my friend decides to send them outside of saudi arabia,to his sister living in jordan,i asked him how can your family got their visas in jordan while they don't have residency there?
he answered that as long as they have passports even the passports are expired,they will get the visa from the embassy of jordan,an explanation letter to ircc already sent by their lawyer, about the current location of the kids and their residency and passports status.
also they applied for temporary resident in jordan ,they pay equal to 15 can$ each day for each kid to extend their temporary residency in jordan
their lawyer is very reliable and he said ,after this letter no worries

the kids ages are 9,7,5

so don't worry

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE KIDS AND FOR THEIR MOTHER

• Sad
Reactions: Refu0202 and 9990

Jan 10, 2017
a friend of mine and his wife they got usa visit visa,the us embassy in saudi arabia,refused to give visit visa for their three kids,finally they decided to travel without their kids,someone gave them fake information that they can bring the kids within 9 months,they travelled to usa then to canada , applied for refugee status , they accepted in their hearing,then they applied for PR
their kids in saudi arabia becomes statless, my friend decides to send them outside of saudi arabia,to his sister living in jordan,i asked him how can your family got their visas in jordan while they don't have residency there?
he answered that as long as they have passports even the passports are expired,they will get the visa from the embassy of jordan,an explanation letter to ircc already sent by their lawyer, about the current location of the kids and their residency and passports status.
also they applied for temporary resident in jordan ,they pay equal to 15 can$ each day for each kid to extend their temporary residency in jordan
their lawyer is very reliable and he said ,after this letter no worries

the kids ages are 9,7,5

so don't worry

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE KIDS AND FOR THEIR MOTHER
There are exceptional laws for this type of situation and IRCC has to issue a TRV to the children of protected person.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
There are exceptional laws for this type of situation and IRCC has to issue a TRV to the children of protected person.
they applied for TRP(Temporary resident permit) ircc refused it
they applied for visit visa ,ircc refused it
they said you are the only person who really comes to our apartment ,and tried to support
every time i feel bad about my current situation,and my separation from my kids and my wife
i remember how this great mother is acting , trying to be strong
i feel that im really nothing comparing with her

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
YOU BEGIN THE PROCESS OF YOUR HUSBAND IN OCTOBER 2019 , SO I THINK FOR YOU REMAINING 5 MONTHS BECUASE OF COVID 19...ALL THE BEST
in Oct 2019 I send his paper to IRCC not a visa office
When checking his application status it says: we started processing your application on 15 Jan 2020

Jan 10, 2017
they applied for TRP(Temporary resident permit) ircc refused it
they applied for visit visa ,ircc refused it
they said you are the only person who really comes to our apartment ,and tried to support
every time i feel bad about my current situation,and my separation from my kids and my wife
i remember how this great mother is acting , trying to be strong
i feel that im really nothing comparing with her
I can understand it but unfortunately IRCC can't understand us. Sometime I feel that they don't care about us.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
I can understand it but unfortunately IRCC can't understand us. Sometime I feel that they don't care about us.
that is what i always said,but the idea is to support change ,we need ircc with no more racism,with more compationate with people,ircc with quality control,not alifetime job for white people,who have all their family around them,and look to us as a third class of human beings,even this change will not happened for our files,but it might help other immigrants in the future

Last edited: