+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mugere

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Have u seen this ? People are gathering in ottawa vancouver montreal toronto asking the government to #PrioritizefamilySponsorship use this hashtag on twitter and u will see many post about that and join the movement

Altamsh

Jan 6, 2020
Due to this long wait and being away from our kids and spouse, Look how the Moral of people is so much down. She is a brave lady. Atleast she is protesting.
She is so much right. I also have seem 2 guys in so much depression being away from their kids, that i literally got worried about them committing suicide.
If the immigration authorities can process PR,s of business or Express entry or any pilot projects within 6 months to a year, then why not for the protected person or conventional refugees?
They must have done criminality, Security and Background checks before giving us positive decision after our asylum claim hearing.
And the golden words of this lady ( I came to Canada not to suffer). But instead :)

Jalal222

Oct 24, 2019
Hello all,
I need your help with applying to come to Canada as an overseas husband whose family in Canada were protected persons and got their Eligibility passed with an invitation for me to apply for an overseas visa office. Under which category shall I apply? Family sponsorship? Is there a guide on how to submit the application of an overseas spouse?
Thank you in advance

mmresende

Aug 3, 2020
Hello my friends. I tried see my application online but I can’t . anyone can help me please. I applied in December 2018. Longo time. I hope I can take my Residence Permanent soon. I wish !

Reactions: jack_2001

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hello my friends. I tried see my application online but I can’t . anyone can help me please. I applied in December 2018. Longo time. I hope I can take my Residence Permanent soon. I wish !
If your family outside of Canada, so you try to put number of applicants only 1, and see if you can connect your application to your online account for IRCC

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Kingston. JM
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
October 1, 2018
Med's Request
May 18, 2019
Med's Done....
May 28, 2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Aug 5,2020
Hello all,
I need your help with applying to come to Canada as an overseas husband whose family in Canada were protected persons and got their Eligibility passed with an invitation for me to apply for an overseas visa office. Under which category shall I apply? Family sponsorship? Is there a guide on how to submit the application of an overseas spouse?
Thank you in advance
Family sponsorship.
go to ircc website it has the how to guid

Reactions: Jalal222

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Kingston. JM
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
October 1, 2018
Med's Request
May 18, 2019
Med's Done....
May 28, 2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Aug 5,2020

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Kingston. JM
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
October 1, 2018
Med's Request
May 18, 2019
Med's Done....
May 28, 2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
Aug 5,2020
Due to this long wait and being away from our kids and spouse, Look how the Moral of people is so much down. She is a brave lady. Atleast she is protesting.
She is so much right. I also have seem 2 guys in so much depression being away from their kids, that i literally got worried about them committing suicide.
If the immigration authorities can process PR,s of business or Express entry or any pilot projects within 6 months to a year, then why not for the protected person or conventional refugees?
They must have done criminality, Security and Background checks before giving us positive decision after our asylum claim hearing.
And the golden words of this lady ( I came to Canada not to suffer). But instead :)
i agree, you need to make sure to check in on friends ad family who you know are going though this, that is why this forum is important it makes us understand we are not in this alone as it does have a mental impack on you

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
I am protected person and applied for PR and my daughter is my dependent. She came here in Canada 2017 on international study visa but unfortunately she did not attend the college and now her study permit is going to be expired in Jan 2021. Can anyone guide us what should we do? Should we have to wait for my PR application to be approved (which is expected in January 2021) or should we have to apply for her visit visa? Plz help thanks
I m march 2019 applicant 83% bar shows 15 weeks left.

smsameer

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, Can anyone help me as I have applied for PR as a protected person in the 1st week of Feb. 2020. It has been six months now and I still have no information (email or otherwise) about my application nor do I know the status of my application. I understand that due to the Covid situation my application my be delayed but I was hoping to at least know that they have received my application and it is under process. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!