+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
a friend of mine and his wife they got usa visit visa,the us embassy in saudi arabia,refused to give visit visa for their three kids,finally they decided to travel without their kids,someone gave them fake information that they can bring the kids within 9 months,they travelled to usa then to canada , applied for refugee status , they accepted in their hearing,then they applied for PR
their kids in saudi arabia becomes statless, my friend decides to send them outside of saudi arabia,to his sister living in jordan,i asked him how can your family got their visas in jordan while they don't have residency there?
he answered that as long as they have passports even the passports are expired,they will get the visa from the embassy of jordan,an explanation letter to ircc already sent by their lawyer, about the current location of the kids and their residency and passports status.
also they applied for temporary resident in jordan ,they pay equal to 15 can$ each day for each kid to extend their temporary residency in jordan
their lawyer is very reliable and he said ,after this letter no worries

the kids ages are 9,7,5

so don't worry

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE KIDS AND FOR THEIR MOTHER
@Skyline2019 In general countries are more than willing to provide temporary travel documents when people without status are trying to leave their country.

Think the person who provided them incorrect information assumed they were arriving as economic immigrants and applying for PRs for their children to join them in Canada. That timeframe is 5-10 months usually. Would add just for your knowledge that whole families are not all given visas if there are concerns about whether they are genuine visitors. The children were not given visas to try to guarantee that the parents would return to KSA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
that is what i always said,but the idea is to support change ,we need ircc with no more racism,with more compationate with people,ircc with quality control,not alifetime job for white people,who have all their family around them,and look to us as a third class of human beings,even this change will not happened for our files,but it might help other immigrants in the future

https://twitter.com/hashtag/prioritizefamilysponsorship?lang=en
Have you visited immigration offices? There is not only white people and definitely no guaranteed jobs for life anymore. You are making huge generalizations with no proof. If any job is unionized a job is more secure than contract jobs but many government jobs have become contract jobs and have become less secure. A delay in reunification is not racism.

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Finally I received the CoPR email today

My timeline:
- 26 Sep 2018 we received your application
- 6 Dec 2018 started processing your application
- 7 Dec 2018 Acknowledging receipt of your application
- 27 Dec 2018 medical instruction
- Jan 2019 medical result have been received
- I got married outside Canada on 9 June 2019, informed IRCC, they reply to me suggesting sponsoring or adding on my husbands and instructions how to add-on. Since sponsoring require PR I chose not to wait and I send my husband’s applications on 30 Sep 2019
- 11 Oct 2019 eligibility’s passed and they asked for my husband’s applications (the same applications I send on 30 Sep 2019)
- 15 Jan 2020 they asked to pay the biometric fees for my husband.
- 7 August 2020, eligibility passed again and they request me to send my husband’s (overseas dependant) application to Abu Dhabi office.
- 9 August 2020, I checked the website and it was showing DECISION MADE.
- 11 August 2020, CoPR

I wish you all the best and I hope to hear good news for everyone here soon!

Q: how long do you think it will take for my husband to get his PR?
Congratulations!!!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
It was almost 36 months a few years ago and then it was brought down to close to 16 months so it bounces around based on the situation.
FYI that was the conservative era.
That means these white people can finalize the cases faster if it is in favor of their party and therfore are playing a dirty game with our lives.
If COVID-19 stays and conservatives return to the power the PR time for poor refugees would be at least 5 years or longer.
God save the refugees here, there, everywhere.

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
I was asked for the finger prints fee of my wife in Oct 2019 (4 month even before pendemic ) which i did the next day. And after that no update.
March 2019 applicant.
Just curious why would they ask for kust the FEE so early and then forget about asking for the finger prints.
We are in the same boat, I am March 2019 applicant I was asked for the finger prints fee Of my wife in October 2019 after that no update until now.

Reactions: Altamsh

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Guys, I am a January 2019 Applicant. I saw there was an update to my file and new information in my application status but when I opened it.. there isn't any new information. What's going on?

Also I just realized that my application status used to say:

Latest Update: October 11, 2019 you passed the medical exam

And after the ghost update it says:

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along.

Why would they remove the medical update?

Last edited:

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
I am may2019, gave finger prints in feb 2020, and payment for spouse biometric, bow in august I received request to schedule A, idont knw whats going on, after 1yr and 3 months thy asked for re submission