+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,
I got my GCSM notes and there is an update of new files stating the day I entered Canada and other border details which is about 22 pages. Does this mean the report is from CBSA or RCMP? Is it normal to have those additional files? Is this a result of background check?
My application is 98%.
Security is blank
Criminality in progress
Eligibility not started
PP- Ready for landing
Medical is passed.
The percentage is just an estimate based on typical processing so you can’t depend on that number.

Zainab umer

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Criminality is not only from RCMP,and they don’t close your file right after get report from other authorities. One Office handles many files.
When you applied for claim passport keep by CBSA, then transfer to IRCC after accepted. This is normal
When did you apply for PR?
April 2019

Reactions: Refu0202

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you are right. Not even 1% related to our cases. I don’t know why they included in our account. :oops: When did you apply? Did u get AIP?
The percentage is there to give a visual representation of when your application may be finished. It was more accurate before covid. The percentage bar was put in place because many people enquired about where they were in the application process.

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
The percentage is there to give a visual representation of when your application may be finished. It was more accurate before covid. The percentage bar was put in place because many people enquired about where they were in the application process.
This time bar is based on time. It’s shows where current date is between Application submission date and average processing time. Why can’t they show individual case process on the bar. If do so everyone get pr when bar shows 100%

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Hi guys!

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application.

In May 2020, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.

According to the above IRCC letter my partner mailed the corresponding package of documents to the Embassy of Canada to Poland in Warsaw (the application for PR in Canada and supporting documents).

Over the past 5 days, the documents have been held by the Polish customs.
According to a DHL Customer Support employee, the customs are waiting for confirmation that the addressee, the Embassy of Canada to Poland in Warsaw, is waiting for these documents (from my partner).

We reported to the Embassy by e-mail (warsaw-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) about this situation.
We haven't received a response yet and we are very worried.
According to the IRCC letter, the requested documents must be sent at the Warsaw office no later than August 1st.

Has anyone heard or knows about such situations?
Should we take any additional measures in these circumstances?

I would appreciate any comments and answers on my case. Thanks!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi guys!

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application.

In May 2020, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.

According to the above IRCC letter my partner mailed the corresponding package of documents to the Embassy of Canada to Poland in Warsaw (the application for PR in Canada and supporting documents).

According to a DHL Customer Support employee, the customs are waiting for confirmation that the addressee, the Embassy of Canada to Poland in Warsaw, is waiting for these documents (from my partner).

We reported to the Embassy by e-mail (warsaw-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca) about this situation.
According to the IRCC letter, the requested documents must be sent at the Warsaw office no later than August 1st.

As I heard these guys do not accept the paper because they can be infected!!!

Reactions: Edwartt

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Hi guys!

PER IRCC WEBSITE NO APPLICATION WILL BE REFUSED IF YOU FAILE TO SEND DOCUMENTS OR IF THEY ARE NOT REC'VD NO NEED TO WORRY. EVERYONE KNOWS COVID IS HAPPENING THEY ALSO KNOW SOME VAC'S ARE CLOSED

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
Pls I need an urgent help guys!

Apparently, I sent my application to the wrong address but it still the same Mississauga processing centre - the one with the “RPRF payments or other correspondence” address. Should I print out all of the copies of the forms and resend it to the right address? since I have all of the copies and the payment receipt in my mail.
THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT COPIED DOCUMENT IRCC NEEDS ORIGINALS WITH SIGNITURE THEY WILL JUST REFUSE THE COPIES SO HOPEFULLY WHO EVER YOU SENT IT TO WILL SEND IT BACK TO SENDER.

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
PER IRCC WEBSITE NO APPLICATION WILL BE REFUSED IF YOU FAILE TO SEND DOCUMENTS OR IF THEY ARE NOT REC'VD NO NEED TO WORRY. EVERYONE KNOWS COVID IS HAPPENING THEY ALSO KNOW SOME VAC'S ARE CLOSED
Thank you so much for your attention and positive information! )

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s why I’m telling not time based. Progress based. Eg. if there are 5 equal check, each 20% . One file 3 of that done , equal 60% done like this
Confused as to what you are saying. The processing bar was created based on average times of multiple cases. People want an idea approximately how much longer they have to wait before their application is processed and want updates during periods where there is no communication from CIC. People don’t want the progress bar to only change once you pass a stage like medical or criminality. You can already see that. People want to know how much longer they have to wait until their application is approved.