+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All processing times have been delayed due to covid. Canadian employees were on lockdown and many offices are closed abroad. Unfortunately the pandemic has caused delays in many services not just immigration.

• Haha
Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
but some people get before 100%, but some wait so long after reached 100%. I mention, people should get PR when their bar shows 100 %. can you suggest an idea for that? my suggestion in previous message
The bar is essentially showing you your progress based on the current processing time. If CIC knew the exact processing times for each file they would just give you the amount of months. Processing times, like the progress bar, are always estimates so you can get approval before or after you reach 100%. There is no standard time for each stage and if you only update 5 times people will still call/email and ask how long each stage will take and when they will be approved. The progress bar was created to give people an estimated waiting time.

• Haha
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Confused as to what you are saying. The processing bar was created based on average times of multiple cases. People want an idea approximately how much longer they have to wait before their application is processed and want updates during periods where there is no communication from CIC. People don’t want the progress bar to only change once you pass a stage like medical or criminality. You can already see that. People want to know how much longer they have to wait until their application is approved.
Do you have anything else except timeline?
Be useful instead of appearing now and then and attck us or explaining the timeline.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Today I was watching a new series on Netflix called Stateless.
It is about refugees and asylum system in Australia.
Seriously it is 1 milion times worse than here. Anyway it is not a justification for they way the Canadian government is treating us.
God save us from our country government, Canadian government and Bitting Karens.

Last edited:

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
All processing times have been delayed due to covid. Canadian employees were on lockdown and many offices are closed abroad. Unfortunately the pandemic has caused delays in many services not just immigration.
not all Canadian employees are on lock down.most of the places started with safety measure and government guidelines. How can safely start back immigration offices with every ones safety? How can protect office staffs and their family during this pandemic? we can suggest WHO with your answers.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
@gehaif @Emil7 @jack_2001 @simple2000 @RefugeeHelp1
Dears I opened the PDF file on the CD of GCMS notes on security from CSIS and here is the information
PAGE ONE:
Screening request information-confidential
SSRN: .....
As of 2020-06-16
sub-client: CIC Mississauga, ON
Category: PR INCAN R
Received: 2019-03-21
request type: 1 new req
PRIORITY: P3
CTC REQUIRED: N

PAGE 2:
ACTIVITY: 520 MANUAL REVIEW REQUIRED
RESULTS: N/A
START DATE: 2019-03-21

ACTIVITY: 8000 PROCESS CANCELATION
RESULTS: 1 PERFORMED
RESULTS DATE; 2019-06-20
COMMENTS: case incorrectly submitted by IRCC (decision made September 2018)

ACTIVITY: 4032 E-MAIL SENT
RESULTS: 1 PERFORMED
RESULTS DATE; 2019-06-20
COMMENTS: case incorrectly submitted by IRCC (decision made September 2018)
--END OF REPORT

This was the 2 papers report. @Emil7 @jack_2001 Is it similar to yours? That comment is interesting. it says decision made September 2018! I was accepted as a refugee in September 2018. does it mean they do not need a real new background check as it was already done during the refugee process?!
Thank you @Emil7 for sending me a copy of your CSIS notes.
His notes are similar to mine and has the comment that says case incorrectly submitted by IRCC.
He became PR in jan 2020.
Thank you