+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

maedow

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello all. I'm in the process of renewing my work permit, is the right option to pick a renewal or an extension?
What are the steps for renewal, please? Thanks in advance.

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi guys
Hello all. I'm in the process of renewing my work permit, is the right option to pick a renewal or an extension?
Hey, I believe you have to ask for an extension because you want to have it renewed. You may apply online or by paper! Protected persons don't have to pay any fees for it. :D

Reactions: maedow

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Extension. protected persons get open work permit. you can apply either online or paper. online processing is slightly faster than paper application. and you don't need to pay postal fees if you apply via online. you can apply 4 month before current permit expired, now processing time approximate 85 days.
you can get more detail here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

Reactions: maedow

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I applied in April and Canada Post tracking says Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. What does that mean? Can I be sure that they delivered to correct address? I did not get anything from ircc since applying.

Reactions: Onetv1

TheVoice2020

Apr 21, 2020
I applied in April and Canada Post tracking says Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. What does that mean? Can I be sure that they delivered to correct address? I did not get anything from ircc since applying.
if you sent it to the right address then yes. also you will not get anything from IRCC until its approved and they send you the actual permit. you can send. webform asking for an update and at that time you will have some type of update once they reply

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Due to covid 19 they not sign when receive application. Do you mean work permit? If you need ,can call IRCC to verify.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I applied online for extension of open work permit on March 6th but have not heard anything at all! Is there any active forum about work permits ??? If so plz share the link guys! I have called several times they say just wait shorten staff shorten hours etc.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Due to covid 19 they not sign when receive application. Do you mean work permit? If you need ,can call IRCC to verify.
I applied for Permanent Residency under Protected Person category. They did not even open my file and put the computer. I can not see my application online yet. I think even if i contact them, they wont see my application.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
I applied for Permanent Residency under Protected Person category. They did not even open my file and put the computer. I can not see my application online yet. I think even if i contact them, they wont see my application.
You applied in april timeline to get an AoR is 3-4 Months and with covid everything is extended for 90 days or even more so about 6 months, you can only just wait at this point, and correct even if you call you will get no info as you are not in the system and have no app#

Good Luck

Reactions: Onetv1 and Refu0202

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Sorry I thought you applied work permit. Normally they start process after 3 month. Wait 3-6 months to get AOR. Keep your delivery conformation
This is the address for Canada Post
Case Processing Centre
PO Box 3010, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3P7
CANADA