+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

EGYPT

Jun 6, 2020
I applied in April and Canada Post tracking says Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. What does that mean? Can I be sure that they delivered to correct address? I did not get anything from ircc since applying.
same brother I applied in April and still didnt get the AOR , however I called service canada and they confirmed that they received the mail 3 days after I sent it, and he said that they are checking my documents if its signed or not and checking the photocopies.

he said whenever they make sure that my application is valid and correct then they can send me the AOR.

Reactions: Onetv1

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I applied for Permanent Residency under Protected Person category. They did not even open my file and put the computer. I can not see my application online yet. I think even if i contact them, they wont see my application.
I applied in December 2019 and haven’t heard back yet. Even it’s over 6 months now. I think the pandemic is delaying all processes. I called them and they said yes application received but nothing further.

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
I applied for my open work permit and within a week they accepted all the documents and sent me a approval letter which states that my work permit will be mailed to me! This was fast. I think they have started processing applications and finishing them quicker.

Applied on June 15th 2020
Received correspondence on 18th June 2020
Decision Made and Work Permit mailed on 20th June 2020

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I applied for my open work permit and within a week they accepted all the documents and sent me a approval letter which states that my work permit will be mailed to me! This was fast. I think they have started processing applications and finishing them quicker.

Did they do background check for work permit? I applied work permit online as a protected person. They did not want me to upload medical document however, my application indicates that "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. ". Is that normal process for protected person applying for work permit second time? When I applied first time, I was refugee claimant and they wanted me to upload medical document but they did not do background check.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018

That is ok but it doesn't mean they are working. During the pandemic the work permit section was working with more staff to insure that all work permits be issued in 12 days. The post was in this froum. The fast work permit issueing doesn't mean cic is working

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Did they do background check for work permit? I applied work permit online as a protected person. They did not want me to upload medical document however, my application indicates that "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. ". Is that normal process for protected person applying for work permit second time? When I applied first time, I was refugee claimant and they wanted me to upload medical document but they did not do background check.
Yes, it is normal. Same happened with me when i applied both as refugee claimant and protected person. I got my latest work permit in march 2020. I had applied in december 2019. Same steps of eligibility and background check everytime.....but i m confused why background check takes so long while processing PR applicstions of protected persons....but in case of work permits background check gets completed in one or two months.

Reactions: ertugrul and Onetv1

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Last movement in my application was in Nov 2019
  1. We sent you correspondence on November 19, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I submitted the requested document before the deadline. since then no change no updates nothing. Im thinking maybe I should order my notes?

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
That is ok but it doesn't mean they are working. During the pandemic the work permit section was working with more staff to insure that all work permits be issued in 12 days. The post was in this froum. The fast work permit issueing doesn't mean cic is working
they are supporting economy during covid19. encourage to send people to work. well done IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As have been said by the PM and other politicians Canada has an asylum system so that all asylum seekers are judged by the same process. Granting PR for asylum seekers without determining if an applicant was persecuted would be undermining the entire asylum system. Although Canadians should be thankful to all essential workers who have had to work during covid this shouldn’t mean automatic PR for those working as essential workers or approval for all asylum applicants. The request for automatic PR for all asylum seekers or asylum seekers who have worked as PSWs In Quebec creates a lot of issues. If PSWs in Quebec get automatic PR do Uber workers get automatic PR as well? What about delivery drivers? Grocery workers? What about in the rest of Canada’s essential workers would they get automatic PR? If an asylum seeker has been rejected and is appealing or has filed H&C do they also get automatic PR as well? Do other H&C applicants also get automatic PR?

If international students have been working in healthcare, grocery store, pharmacy, distribution, etc. should they also get automatic PR?

This may seem like a simple request but it would set a very complicated precedent.

Reactions: ertugrul and Onetv1

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
So my background was in process but when the decision got made, it said it in front of background. (Background check was completed).

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
I do not think Canada will grant PRs those who did not even went through hearing process.It is unreasonable and unfair request. They should be assessed like every other refugee. Why they should be granted PR while others struggling and waiting hearing dates?
IRCC can speed up the process for frontline workers. It’s says on their website. They are helping Canada. Frontline workers include citizens, PR holders, temporary workers, protected persons and refugee claimants. Some these category people struggle by both immigration status and covid19