+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
THE RESPONSE OF MY MP ( Member Parliament ) TO MY EMAIL ABOUT MY PR APPLICATION

Dear xxxxxx,

I was able to speak with IRCC today for an update on your file. Your PR Application was submitted in November of 2018, this means with normal processing times applied, it should be completed in August this year, as it is 21 months for processing. Having said that, with COVID, you will likely see another 90 days added to the processing times, bringing a decision in November of December this year. Unfortunately, there is no mechanism to speed the processing of your file. If you do not have a decision by December, I can look into it again for you.

I was assured that your file is moving along very well though and you should expect the processing to be finished this year.

Please do continue to respond to IRCC if they request any information or documentation to keep the processing going smoothly.

Sincerely,

Last edited:
Reactions: ertugrul

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hi guys!

I just checked my application status with the online tool and it says decision made. I THINK I MAY HAVE GOT MY DM!!!!

I will keep you all posted. As my application is with a representative, I will have to get in touch with him for more information.

I am October 2018 applicant. I am honestly so happy right now I can't contain all my happiness!!!

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys!

I just checked my application status with the online tool and it says decision made. I THINK I MAY HAVE GOT MY DM!!!!

I will keep you all posted. As my application is with a representative, I will have to get in touch with him for more information.

I am October 2018 applicant. I am honestly so happy right now I can't contain all my happiness!!!
Congratulations! can you share your timeline, please?

Reactions: Anonyref

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi guys!

Congratulations

Please don't use this representative again
As he isn't working so good

Reactions: Anonyref

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Congratulations! can you share your timeline, please?
Thank you!!
Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.
congratulation !!

few days and you will get your DM
Thank you!!! :D
I am honestly soooo excited! And nowadays I believe you receive your COPR via e-mail? Any idea how long it takes from DM status?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Thank you!!
Here is my timeline:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 15, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 14, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 29, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on May 29, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.

Thank you!!! :D
I am honestly soooo excited! And nowadays I believe you receive your COPR via e-mail? Any idea how long it takes from DM status?
Congratulations.
I think finaly the cic is doing some work.