+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
U r brave enough to face really I promise since March 2020 I even didn’t move out of my apt except some groceries. I am in huge anxiety bcoz having some serious family issue like life & death matters & instantly looking for PR to see them in Turkey. I can’t inhale this stress feels like dieing each and every Second
I totally relate to this. Whenever I feel down, I resist to let it prolonged. And also I sit down, stop overthinking and try to accept the reality and then give myself 6 months target to keep pushing the time.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
So it is nomal(ish). Should I contact to IRCC about it?
Like everyone that contacts them they will tell you that they have limited staff and you will get a general answer, we can only sit tight and wait at this point..

Good Luck To Us All.. :) :)

Reactions: Armen0

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Yes, you do not need a PR to get a US visa i got my us visa and they asked questions.

how did you come to canada ( answ, air transat at YYZ airport)
do you have family in the us ( answ, YES)
Do you have family in canad ( my spouse)
Why is your spouse not here today ( answ: they already have a ten year visa)

Okay approved, you will get your passport back in 5 days...... i got my passport back in two days with the visa inside.

you do not need any job letter, pay statement, all that is not neccessary. they just want the Descion letter from IRB and your RTD..
how did they give a visa more than the expiry date of your passprt,or travel document?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
how did they give a visa more than the expiry date of your passprt,or travel document?
Good question for the US embassy. everyone that i now apply for us visa gets 10 years..

and visa cannot be transferred you have to apply for a new one. LOL more money for them but its not expensive so its not a big deal.

ertugrul

Jun 7, 2020
Hi, I send the paper application for PR as protected person on 5th Feb 2020, so far i didnt get any response from CIC, what should i do shall i contact them or wait further. please advice. Thanks

Reactions: Saba321

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi, I send the paper application for PR as protected person on 5th Feb 2020, so far i didnt get any response from CIC, what should i do shall i contact them or wait further. please advice. Thanks
It will take almost one month for them to reply

Reactions: ertugrul

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
We have applied on 20 feb 2020 for Pr.
We didn't received anything as well. I think we just need to be patient and wait for an update.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi
If i withdraw my PR application as I am not the principal applicant will it effect all other family members application. Including those who are abroad

Armen0

Apr 3, 2020
We applied by paper too in December 2019 but still no acknowledgement letter...

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
3- 4 Months for AoR.... due to covid 19 wait will be longer.