+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
Same thing is happening in my life. But Dear please don't lose hope ever. Im always trying my best to keep my mind busy and by doing so i am avoiding overthinking about when i will be able to see my kids in front of my eyes.
Just do anything. Even play games on your cellphone or watch comedy. Or even start exercising in your own room or go for walks. Even try to cook some food trying some new recipes... lol
Eventually one day we will definitely have familes around us. And you will be soo happy and proud of yourself one day for being strong enough to go through all this hard time.
Keep smiling always
video chat with your family and do regular conversation with your kids.this avoid the distance a bit.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
You wont believe it. I applied for my work permit extension on May 25, 2020 and was approved June 04, 2020. My work permit was going to expire at the end of September, so I wanted to apply for extension well before that. But honestly I was not expecting to get it in 10 days.
yes . one of my friend got 12 days in 2018 but me got after 4th month. there is a urgent processing bcoz he applied via a lawyer

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Refu0202

Apr 14, 2020
That's positive vibes. . We all need to remember we're in a middle of a Pandemic.

I have a family friend waiting for Citizen Ceremony that was suspended due to Covid.

We will get through this TOGETHER
citizenship ceremony is different than PR . People are suffering bcoz they are missing their family. if don't have citizenship, cannot vote for election& get passport ,ect . these are not impotent in pandemic

Reactions: jack_2001

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Heyyyyy Mates hope u all r ok my question s as per ur experience time for refugee PR 22 months r usually for those who applied with their families or it’s also who applied as single ?? I mean there s any chance for single to get PR bit early ?? Plz if u can share ur experience? Thanks
all have the same time line single or with family is 22 months or more some people cases are just different and they get it sooner than others.

if the old forum was still here you would see that there are some people who it 12 months 16 months 18 months and thoes people had family and some had no family so it all depends on how easy IRCC, CBSA, verifies information..

ALL THE BEST & GOOD LUCK TO ALL :):)

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Same thing is happening in my life. But Dear please don't lose hope ever. Im always trying my best to keep my mind busy and by doing so i am avoiding overthinking about when i will be able to see my kids in front of my eyes.
Just do anything. Even play games on your cellphone or watch comedy. Or even start exercising in your own room or go for walks. Even try to cook some food trying some new recipes... lol
Eventually one day we will definitely have familes around us. And you will be soo happy and proud of yourself one day for being strong enough to go through all this hard time.
Keep smiling always
i love the positivity we need it.. and Tiktok help alot of funny stuff.. and cooking i hate cooking but now i feel like a chef i keep cooking alotof food and then giveing it to a homeless man that lives in my neighbourhood since i dont eat some of the stuff i cook, but its very therapeutic

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
i love the positivity we need it.. and Tiktok help alot of funny stuff.. and cooking i hate cooking but now i feel like a chef i keep cooking alotof food and then giveing it to a homeless man that lives in my neighbourhood since i dont eat some of the stuff i cook, but its very therapeutic
What you do is really appreciated, May Allah ease your way:):):)

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Most people here have families overseas. I have a different question. I applied for PR, and Only I am a protected person. My son has a study permit, and my wife has a work permit, and we always extended them until now. They are in my PR application. Does it mean if I survive this catastrophe and get PR, they will get their PR simultaneously?

Last edited:
Reactions: jack_2001

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Any suggestions or ideas?
U r brave enough to face really I promise since March 2020 I even didn’t move out of my apt except some groceries. I am in huge anxiety bcoz having some serious family issue like life & death matters & instantly looking for PR to see them in Turkey. I can’t inhale this stress feels like dieing each and every Second
you must be strong
if you are under stress,your immunity will be down,and covid 19 will be strong in your body.
please dont be sad,for your family and kids not for yourself

Reactions: Marsali

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Most of people here have families overseas. I have a different question. I applied for PR and Only I am protected person. My son has study permit and my wife has work permit and we always extended them until now. They are in my PR application. Does it mean if I survive this catastrophe and get PR they will get their PR simultaneously?
sure...you and all your fsmily will get it soon...

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
U r brave enough to face really I promise since March 2020 I even didn’t move out of my apt except some groceries. I am in huge anxiety bcoz having some serious family issue like life & death matters & instantly looking for PR to see them in Turkey. I can’t inhale this stress feels like dieing each and every Second
my Best wishes to you, go take walks runs or listen to some meditaion on youtube, remeber we are all in this together and you made a choice to come to canada for a better life and one day you will have that better life, you will be stronger and more motivated by this. if you can save then save up in an account that gains interest invest money try your best to be as productive as possible.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
So you mean I can get the US visa without PR? Because am still waiting for my PR which I applied January this year.
Yes, you do not need a PR to get a US visa i got my us visa and they asked questions.

how did you come to canada ( answ, air transat at YYZ airport)
do you have family in the us ( answ, YES)
Do you have family in canad ( my spouse)
Why is your spouse not here today ( answ: they already have a ten year visa)

Okay approved, you will get your passport back in 5 days...... i got my passport back in two days with the visa inside.

you do not need any job letter, pay statement, all that is not neccessary. they just want the Descion letter from IRB and your RTD..

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Most people here have families overseas. I have a different question. I applied for PR, and Only I am a protected person. My son has a study permit, and my wife has a work permit, and we always extended them until now. They are in my PR application. Does it mean if I survive this catastrophe and get PR, they will get their PR simultaneously?
Since you are the only protected person on the application then it means they are going to be sponsored by you. in order to sponsor them you must be approved in principle so chances are you will be approved in principle and then the processing of their application for PR will begin which means you may get your PR b4 them.

Now i may be wrong about it but that is normally how the process works for even inland sponsorship since the inland person would normally already have a PR or citizenship.

i hope i am wrong, you can call IRCC and ask them and let us know or if someone else know the actual answer please share the correct info.

unfortunately even my re-search did not help there is so little information on protected people processing its actually sad.

Good Luck Jala, and All the Best to you and Your Family. :)