+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Rinadina

Mar 18, 2022
is there any thread shows how to apply for GCMS and which option to pick ?
What are GCMS Notes?

GCMS stands for Global Case Management System. It is a system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to process files. What’s important is that GCMS will contain your immigration and citizenship application details such as documents received, correspondence between you and IRCC, detailed immigration officer notes reviewing your file, and more. As you can imagine, having access to your GCMS Notes can be extremely helpful, especially in these circumstances:

• To check the status of your application
  • To check if there is any reason for delays
  • To prepare for interviews
  • To understand why your application was rejected
Who can request GCMS and CSIS Notes?
Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and any individual present or corporation in Canada can make a request. If you are neither of the above, you can ask a representative like Mygration to make a request on your behalf.

How long does it take to get GCMS notes? (or CSIS notes)
The majority of GCMS notes are delivered within 30 days. Government agencies like IRCC, CBSA, and CSIS are required to respond to your ATIP request within 30 calendar days of receiving it. While the majority of requests are completed within 30 calendar days, this period may be extended for 30, 60, or 90 days if:

the request is for a large number of records

the request requires a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.

external consultations are necessary and cannot reasonably be expected to be completed within the original time limit

additional time is necessary for translation purposes, or

notice to a third party is required to advise him or her that his or her information is the subject of a request
How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
Hello

I got a message from IRCC, that I should refill one form, because there was a lack of information on it. They only gave me an option to send this form online, and they want a signature. But this pdf is secured and I can't sign it electronically. What should I do now? I can't send it by mail apparently. Can I just scan this form and send it that way?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello

I got a message from IRCC, that I should refill one form, because there was a lack of information on it. They only gave me an option to send this form online, and they want a signature. But this pdf is secured and I can't sign it electronically. What should I do now? I can't send it by mail apparently. Can I just scan this form and send it that way?
Scan, sign and send it back online

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello

Why can’t you print it out, sign, scan and send it back.

beekaydue

Dec 13, 2022
Hi! My name is Kay!
I applied for PR on June 29th 2022.
I never received an AOR.
Filled out a webform in December and got the x number in the response.
How do I check the status of my application? What is the ecas URL?
Or is it still too early for anything?

OscarP

Dec 22, 2022
you should order GCMS notes
Hi, sohaib1 I ordered them and they have already been sent to me and this is what I see

Assessments

Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started

HIRV:

Criminality:
In Progress Org Crime:

Misrepresentation:

Medical:
Passed - Expired
Info Sharing:In Progress
Other Reqs:

Final:

Joseph007

Apr 26, 2018
Hi everyone,
I need help. I applied for travel document on April 2018. The last correspondence I received was in November 2019. My application has been stuck in background check since then. I have made numerous phone calls and send multiple webforms. All I have been told is application is stuck on background check. I hired a lawyer and he couldn't help me. My MP has been calling IRCC and the excuse they gave her is that my background check is being done by a third party and they don't know how long it will take. I am exhausted and I feel that my application has been neglected. I have done everything I can and I don't have any options but to wait. Any body else who is my situation?
I am like you stuck in background check