+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Babybluemoon

Jun 9, 2018
Hello.

I applied for PR as a protected person, my application was received on February 14, 2022. Status changed few days ago to eligibity review and background check. Bar is at 67%. How much longer can it take now? That's the only things left to be processed, it says I don't need an interview or medical exam.

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Hello.

I applied for PR as a protected person, my application was received on February 14, 2022. Status changed few days ago to eligibity review and background check. Bar is at 67%. How much longer can it take now? That's the only things left to be processed, it says I don't need an interview or medical exam.
Average time is 25 months.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.

Hi,

I am helping one of the family members who has applied for PR as a protected person, where can we check the status of the application, I applied last year in May through PR Portal, I got the application number but no update on the portal, can you please send me the link where you are checking the updates?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi,

I am helping one of the family members who has applied for PR as a protected person, where can we check the status of the application, I applied last year in May through PR Portal, I got the application number but no update on the portal, can you please send me the link where you are checking the updates?
Make an account on cic website if you don’t have one and link your PR application to your account through there.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
no, I don't have the application number. I applied but did not receive any response from them. I tried to add it to my account with UCI number
I don’t think you can link it with UCI you probably have to wait until you receive your application number. It’s a long process so if you applied a few months ago you won’t get anything until a least 6- 12 months from now just check your email regularly.

Lily79

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone ! I’m Dec 2021 applicant , today I received a letter on my cic account which the name was eligibility letter , inside it was written I have passed the eligibility. Is it same as pre arrival? And how long you think it takes that I get my co pr?

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi everyone ! I’m Dec 2021 applicant , today I received a letter on my cic account which the name was eligibility letter , inside it was written I have passed the eligibility. Is it same as pre arrival? And how long you think it takes that I get my co pr?
If you don’t mind me asking what day of the month did you apply ?

Regarding your question no you will get pre arrival later congrats you almost there

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
I’m June 2021 applicant , I received eligibility letter and pre arrival letter back in august 2022 then till now no update

Lily79

Jun 2, 2023
If you don’t mind me asking what day of the month did you apply ?

Regarding your question no you will get pre arrival later congrats you almost there
I applied on dec 1st . Also today I got pre arrival too ! How long it takes you think to get co pr ?

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hello.

Hey pls share your timeline have you submitted your kids application as well with yours ?? Pls tell it will be very thankful

Reactions: Hopealive

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hey can you pls share your timeline in how much time you got your aor and have you filled your pr along with your dependent kids