+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

betterlife999

Star Member
Sep 25, 2021
Hello, I applied for Permanent resident after my refugee claim was accepted.
I received this email yesterday:
“‏In order to avoid delays in processing, you must provide the below documents if you have not already included it in the original submission and/or if there are any updates to the information that was provided by you previously. If you have previously submitted the information requested in this letter to us already, please do not resubmit the same information and disregard this message. If your details have changed since you have provided the information, you are encouraged to supply us with the updated information, following the instructions contained in this letter : Schedule A and additional family information”

Nothing has changed from the information I have provided when I initially applied. The person who helped me apply (works for gov in helping people apply for pr) told me that I have to resubmit even though nothing changed. I wanted to ask here because I find this strange since the email clearly asks to not resubmit if nothing changed. Kindly let me know if you think I should resubmit the exact same thing?
Thanks
No need to re-submit if nothing changed.

I did not send anything when I got the same email.

I got my PR card on May 18, 2023

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Funny enough that we need to go through what other has gone through to understand their pain, when I posted this comment I didn't know that I will be stuck for almost 4 years waiting for PR. It's very painful. Still waiting.
I’m waiting since 2019, I spent 5 years in Canada I mean literally wasted so I’m leaving Canada on July 2023 To be happy somewhere else

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Lol same like me. July 2019 from Mississagua office to windsor office from there to sydney NS and now it is transferred to Hamilton. What an idiots are working for government
Have you guys consider Writ of Mandamus Application? 2019 is way above processing time. I guess your application is on the desk of some ghost IRCC Officer or may be no longer work with IRCC

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Have you guys consider Writ of Mandamus Application? 2019 is way above processing time. I guess your application is on the desk of some ghost IRCC Officer or may be no longer work with IRCC
it is too expensive. I have been estimated between $6-8.000 for lawyers fee. I’m too tired. I decided to leave this broken country and live somewhere else more happy. I just want to withdraw my application but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get application fee refund for 2 people that I paid more than $1000. I’m leaving in July.

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
it is too expensive. I have been estimated between $6-8.000 for lawyers fee. I’m too tired. I decided to leave this broken country and live somewhere else more happy. I just want to withdraw my application but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get application fee refund for 2 people that I paid more than $1000. I’m leaving in July.
Withdrawing pr application but keeping your protected status? I understand it is so frastruating for you, but hey all the best buddy

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Withdrawing pr application but keeping your protected status? I understand it is so frastruating for you, but hey all the best buddy
Yes, I’ll keep my protected status. I’ll move to different country but later they can take away also this status if they will find out I’m not living in Canada anymore anyway

Troy89

Jan 27, 2021
Lol same like me. July 2019 from Mississagua office to windsor office from there to sydney NS and now it is transferred to Hamilton. What an idiots are working for government
Same transfer route, my application is in Hamilton with no update.

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Actually am just starting to file a mandamus against the immigration this week and it costs me $3K my application started January 2020. And up until now no serious decision has been made. I think you should fight to the end because things don't always go easily for everyone.

Reactions: Chimurenga 4

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
July 2019 and still waiting. I want to withdraw my app and get refund for fee and leave this country in July
You don't have to withdraw your application first get a lawyer that knows his job and file a Mandamus if you Mandamus didn't work then you start thinking of withdrawal, right now I just started the process of Mandamus and I believe everything will be okay. It just an unnecessary expenses which could have been avoided if people do their job's but here we are.