+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Luckyppl

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hello all,

I have been enjoying the forum before it was deleted. I can see that people are getting so pessimistic due to the long wait for both IRB hearing and then the long march to PR. I am one of you who have been through these seemingly endless processes. Patience is the one big thing I have learned here in Canada; this is a waiting country, alas! But I still hope and have a bit of optimism towards my recent PR application since December 2019.

I was granted a convention refugee status in November 2019 after three years of waiting as refugee claimant. Below is my timeline for PR application.

I am wondering how relatively fast my application is going (as you can see from the timeline below, I and my dependents oversees completed biometric, medical and police certificate in almost one month) but at the same time I feel lost because I haven’t received any update regarding eligibility requirement even though I submitted all the requested documents four months ago. Note: I have received a letter from IRCC that I am selected for Centralized Concurrent Processing Pilot, whatever that is.

I would be happy if someone with the same experience shares his thought about when I will get eligibility requirements updates and what should I expect in the coming months.

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 20, 2019. This is about me being selected for Centralized Concurrent Processing Pilot
  5. We sent you a letter on December 20, 2019. This is about the forms my dependents oversees have to fill and send it to Mississauga
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 9, 2020. This is about biometric and police certificate for both myself and my dependents oversees
  7. We sent you medical instructions on January 9, 2020.
  8. Medical results have been received.
Hi bro
Any updates on your application ?

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Hi guys hope everyone doing great., Does anyone know how long usually take getting copr after DM in Montreal office ?

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
I am so pissed right now!
I am may 2019 applicant
They started my criminality check since october 2019,receive my last correspondence February 2020 and since then not a single update.
I contacted my MP this week. They just call me and tell me that my application is at Winsdor and they stop working on my app because it's not urgent. I am so mad that i am crying right now.
Is there anything i can do? Should i hire a lawyer?

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Hi guys hope everyone doing great., Does anyone know how long usually take getting copr after DM in Montreal office ?
Mine took 24 hours, my application was processed in Toronto and then they sent it to Mtrl office for finalization, after Dm, i received basically within the next 24h, this is case by case so don’t worry if it doesn’t come that fast

Reactions: Newcomer87

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
I am may 2019 applicant
They started my criminality check since october 2019,receive my last correspondence February 2020 and since then not a single update.
I contacted my MP this week. They just call me and tell me that my application is at Winsdor and they stop working on my app because it's not urgent. I am so mad that i am crying right now.
I’m July 2019. This is ridiculous how they are treating people. I’m so mad also. I have 30days. If nothing I’ll contact MP and send couple of mail all around Ottawa people. Just can’t believe this. How we can live here normal life.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I am may 2019 applicant
Did MP tell you that ircc marked your application as not urgent ??

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I’m July 2019. This is ridiculous how they are treating people. I’m so mad also. I have 30days. If nothing I’ll contact MP and send couple of mail all around Ottawa people. Just can’t believe this. How we can live here normal life.
May 2019 they just simply hold my application and don’t update a profile with a DM... next week it’s gonna be 2 months since that

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Did MP tell you that ircc marked your application as not urgent ??
They said i am already legal here. I can work,i can do what i want. Some people don't have an interview yet,so they are working for these people now. My case is not urgent,this is what they told me.

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Mine took 24 hours, my application was processed in Toronto and then they sent it to Mtrl office for finalization, after Dm, i received basically within the next 24h, this is case by case so don’t worry if it doesn’t come that fast
thank you for the reply,,and congratulations with your PR,, yes same thing missisauga office sent it to mtl for finalization, i hope mine comes soon as well !!