+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Today I have changed my SIN from 9 to 5 it’s permanent now and sent photo to IRCC for PR Card I know it will take long to get card as COPR is valid for 12 months . At this stage I can wait as I have no plan to travel out of Canada. Now my main concern is overseas dependent visa as the files are in Singapore VO since 1st week of January 2021. No update or acknowledgement. I hope it may move now as I am already landed and PR now ... I wish everyone here gets their PR without much waiting..
Congratulations once again. I hope your family get their visas soon.

What did you take with you for SIN changing?

How many pictures do you have to submit? Do you need to send anything else other than picture(s)?

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Alhamdulillah, I have received my CoPR as an email attachment today. It's been a long ride.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 23 December 2019 - Application processing started
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 8 September 2020 - Gave finger prints for RCMP PCC
  • 6 October 2020 - Mailed PCC from UK as I have lived there in the past
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2021 - Ghost Update
  • 11 March 2021 - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • 18 March 2021 - Decision updated in GCKEY. CoPR details are mentioned there. No document attached. Did not receive email notification or anything. Timeline bar is 100% complete, whereas in the morning it was showing 5 Months remaining and bar is 80%.
  • 24 March 2021 - Received CoPR via email attachment. 1 Year validity.
Will be changing my SIN tomorrow and sending the picture for PR card. Don't know how long will it take but I can wait for that as the main thing is done now.

I hope all the remaining friends get their PR soon.

Altamsh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Can anybody plz share that how long their Security check took?
For me, its almost a month now since they started telling me my Security is in progress? Before they used to say Not started yet.
March 2019 applicant.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Alhamdulillah, I have received my CoPR as an email attachment today. It's been a long ride.

My timeline is as below:
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 11 March 2021 - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • 18 March 2021 - Decision updated in GCKEY. CoPR details are mentioned there. No document attached. Did not receive email notification or anything. Timeline bar is 100% complete, whereas in the morning it was showing 5 Months remaining and bar is 80%.
Will be changing my SIN tomorrow and sending the picture for PR card. Don't know how long will it take but I can wait for that as the main thing is done now.

May I know what was your office centre?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Mehrabansara

Star Member
Mar 2, 2021

My timeline is as below:

Dear friend
I am wondering what is the next step after DM could you help me with this? I have to wait for something or i should do anything?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hello good people, I am June 2019 applicant, received Approval letter today. Noting changed in GCkey account so far, still showing bar and completion date.
Any idea how long it take to get Confirmation of PR from Etobicoke office. Thanks in Advance
Congratulations.

11th March Approval Letter
18th March CoPR details uploaded to GCKEY
24th March CoPR in email as pdf

GCKEY showing bar 100% complete since 18th March.